Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 25, 2018

NXT and ROH Reax - 1/24/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Dream promo:
I like Dream a lot more than Patrick Clark, although I have to give a nod to those amazing airbrushed tights he had.

- NWJ vs. Bononi:
Nice back-and-forth here.

Not bad to show what Jose's all about. I hope he can get things going.

- Belair vs. Latoya:
I like Bianca's domination.


Good power here.

Not bad at all!

- Ember/Shayna interview:
Good to see something for Moon to sink her teeth into beyond being champion.

I like Baszler's attitude here.

Good heel work from Shayna.

- TM-61 video:
I look forward to them getting another chance to really shine.

- Authors in action:
Not bad to sell Takeover.

- Gargano vs. Dream:
Haha. I like Velveteen going in a different direction from trying to be the best technician or best high-flyer or what have you. He stands out.

Nice early work.

Um, yeah, be careful working against someone with a lethal submission finisher.

Dream getting a little cocky here.

This is going pretty well.

OH MY GOD Dream not doing a dive was great. Great heel work. Far too many heels still try to win the crowd over with flashy moves.

Johnny is really solid all around.

Gargano has a lot of fire.

This is pretty solid!

That was a great way to end it.

- Post-match:
Johnny definitely looks like he can be the next champion here.

-- ROH:
- MCMG vs. Dawgs:
The Guns already at a big advantage here.

Wow. The Dawgs just can't get much momentum going.

Dang. The champs are going in circles around them!

Not bad at all!

- Briscoes promo:
I liked that.

- SoCal/Taylor:
Like these guys have Bullet Club money.

Interesting enough.

- Gresham vs. J. Woods:
Oh this is great. I like how they work together.

Nice strategy working on the knee.

Both men are solid.

This is pretty impressive!

Wow. That was good work.

- Caprice/C2C:
Blah blah blah blah. I don't care about any of these people.

Yeah, I couldn't care less about this being a feud.

We'll see how the recent WWE signings do in that match!

- Cody/Kingdom:
Uuuugggghhhh. I hate the "golly gee you got me, Mr. Good Wrestler!" shtick.

I'm glad Taven interrupted. That was getting stale.

Funny, since Cody can't even use his last name outside of WWE.

Interesting criticisms from Taven.

Eeehhhhh. Profanity is cheap.

Not bad to put Taven on the map.

- Titan/D. Lee vs. Friends vs. Bucks:
Nice start.

I'm mostly liking the Best Friends.

You know how this kind of match goes at this point...

Lots of really impressive flipping and flying.

German suplexes to the apron always look scary as hell.

Again, all kinds of impressive athleticism here.

Funny spot with Matt trapping Chuckie in a hug.

That was all solid.

- Post-match:
The Addiction continue their plan to disrupt ROH.

And there's your setup for a six-man tag!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment