Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 1/2/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- AJ/Bryan/Shane:
I'm already tired of "The House That AJ Styles Built." 

Wow. Shane barely lets Bryan do anything, huh?

I'm curious what the end result of Shane and Bryan will be. Certainly both can't remain in charge, right?

I hope the Yep Movement remains a thing.

Jesus. Just make the main event a lumberjack match at this point!

- Usos promo:
Good work.

- Usos vs. Gable/Benjamin:
Wow. This is starting off big.

I'm liking this early.

Great teamwork from Chad and Shelton.

WOWWWW that was a solid win for the former collegiate athletes.

- Post-match:
Ahhhh.... that's got to be disapponting.

- Usos vs. Gable/Benjamin (again):
The Usos are fired up. They're lucky to get this second chance.

Solid ending. Or are we in for another fall???

- Sami/Owens interview:
These two play off each other well. It's just a little hard for me to buy them as a top threat.

Pretty good overall.

- Breezango/B. Bros/Ascension:
Wow. At least wait until the match starts, guys!

Good thing Breezango have such friends to help them out!

How long until a four-on-two match?

- New Day/Aiden/Rusev:
Hmmm.... interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a singles title booked under the Freebird rule.

It's crazy Rusev and Big E aren't in this tournament, but it's nice to see Aiden and Xavier in action, too.

- Mojo promo:
Eeeehhhhh..... this hasn't been built well. I wish Mojo and Zack got to further flesh things out on 205 Live. The cruiserweights already get plenty of action on Main Event.

- Rusev promo:
I'm good with this.


- Aiden vs. Xavier:
Nice start.

Woods is taking charge of this one.

Not bad at all! Nice to see some fresh names in the ring.

- Natalya/Carmella/Tamina/Lana:
Eh. Fine enough to tell us who's in the Rumble, I suppose.

- Tamina/Natalya/Carmella vs. R. Squad:
Good chain wrestling to start.

OK work here.

Impressive ending. I'm still coming along on Liv and Sarah (and Carmella for that matter).

- Post-match:
Ruby's the right person to carry this group on the mic.

I'm mostly liking the infusion of new names to each women's division.

I'm liking this.

Good build to the Rumble.

- Corbin promo:
Eeehhhh... Corbin's really had some start-stop booking so far.

- AJ vs. Zayn:
I like the physicality here.

Fine action going on.

Pretty good back-and-forth.

NICE counter to the Helluva Kick. That was great.

Shane and Owens really need company-sponsored mediation. This would be unacceptable anywhere but wrestling!

Not a bad ending.

- Post-match:
Hmmmm.... interesting setup for the Rumble. 

-- 205 Live: 
- Akira vs. TJP:
So they're just going to bring TJP back like it's no big deal?? We haven't seen him in a while!

Good work so far.

I've missed TJP a LOT. He's got a lot of versatility and talent.

I'm loving the submission work.

Nice back-and-forth.

Awesome ending. I hope this isn't a one-night return from TJP.

- Cedric/Goldust:
Please turn this show into WWECW or NXT: Redemption with main roster stars getting to have some screen time they're not otherwise getting.

That was good comedy. Cedric can benefit from having someone more colorful to play off.

- Gallagher promo:
Jack has been a standout performer and character.

I hope Jack has a future beyond 205 Live. He's good as a face and a heel.

- Gallagher vs. Hideo:
Jack's out for blood.

HOLY SHIT. That's one way to make an umbrella a serious weapon.

- Gulak/Ariya/Goldust:
I don't think anyone was expecting Goldust, potentially including Goldust!!

Fine enough segment overall.

- Gulak/Ariya vs. Goldust/Cedric:
It's an incredible relief to see a new face on this show. Oh my God.

Haha Goldust's theatrics can still be fun in 2018. Who knew?

Solid cruiserweight action here.

Cedric paying tribute to Cesaro here.

I'm so glad Goldust is still contributing in an important role in 2018. He's earned it.

That was great! I'm glad Cedric got the win. Can Goldust become a producer on this show?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment