Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/10/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

Jeff vs. Decay is the Goth-est angle I've seen in a long time. Jeff just needs to team with Kevin Thorn to complete the cycle.

I'm glad Jeff wasn't able to fend everyone off by himself.

Good opening segment to get right into the action with three TNA mainstays.

- Decay vs. J. Hardy/Storm:
I can't say it doesn't make sense two former TNA Champions with a LOT of tag team experience are dominating the champs.

I'm sorry WHAT? A Jeff/Willow feud sounds just ridiculous enough to be entertaining in a "what the hell am I watching?"/trainwreck way.

Lashley vs. Galloway is going to be SSSSOOOO hype. They've both been built up pretty well.

I hope it's Jeff under the Willow mask. It can be done through the magic of TV. Then the universe can finally implode.

TNA doing a segment to put over the Smashing Pumpkins' tour isn't really a surprise at this point. I'm not crazy about Corgan becoming more of a thing on-screen.

I like Lashley being a no-nonsense monster. He was the right person to get the rub from destroying Angle.

I do wonder how long they'll be able to hold off doing Galloway vs. Lashley. Do they need some kind of mini-feud to fill time until Slammiversary?

Wow. Eli Drake holds a grudge for a long time, huh?

- Galloway vs. Drake:
This is a pretty enjoyable match so far. The champ's elevating his former partner.

That was fun while it lasted.

Lashley destroying Drew again was well done. I hope this feud is a big deal in 2016.

I'm glad EC3 is entertaining enough to make me watch a Mike Bennett match. It's not an easy task.

I wasn't crazy about the Knockouts segment. The Meltzer reference was kind of forced.

EC3's one of the best acts in wrestling right now. He's really a gem for TNA (and now EVOLVE).

Sometimes TNA promos are as cringey as some of WWE's. Unless Corgan's having an angle at Slammiversary, they don't need to reference him so much.

I like Master Manipulator Mike Bennett putting challenges in front of EC3. It's a natural angle to build anticipation for their rematch.

- Jade vs. Gail:
Both Knockouts are talented.

That was going pretty well. It was just short.

I'm like Sienna for the most part. She adds something different to the division.

Al Snow is one of the best promos in the business right now. Solid segment.

- Snow vs. Shera:
Al's there to get heat by any means necessary. It's not about star ratings. It's about making stars and getting reactions.

That was a lot of fun overall. I loved Al Snow's old-school heeling.

Jeff vs. Willow is pretty Russo-esque, but sometimes those angles are a lot of fun BRO.

HOLY SHIT EVERYONE'S WILLOW.

I really hope this leads to a Willow gauntlet match for Jeff.

- EC3 vs. Spud:
I'm really liking this angle. These two always work together well.

I love how EC3 dominates Spud until Spud does something evil to turn things his way.

This is a lot of fun. It's more of a fight than a pretty artistic performance.

MY GOD WHAT A GORILLA PRESS. That was an insane bump to take.

I love EC3 doing that little extra before getting the pin to stick it to his rivals.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment