Total Pageviews

Friday, May 20, 2016

ROH and Smackdown Reax - 5/19/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Smackdown.
ROH:
An entire show dedicated to Jay Lethal? I can see why this show airs at midnight. ZZZZZZZ

It is impressive Lethal's held gold for two years.

Interesting to see NXT's Tommaso Ciampa on this show. Then again, we got C.M. Punk last week.

It's a real shame Alberto had to job to Lethal after leaving WWE. Talk about going from the penthouse to the outhouse.

I like blatant heel Lethal better than "look at AAAAALLLLLLL my moves" Lethal.

Oh, apparently he did the multiple suicide dive spot back then, too.

Alberto's definitely at a higher level than Lethal.

Glad no one had to sit through more of Jay vs. Jay '15 on this show.

This show is like Ghosts of ROH Past, with all of Lethal's overrated matches from the past year.

Sixty minutes of Jay Lethal is at least 40 too many. That was true during the Strong match, and true for this show, too.

Smackdown:
It's pretty telling when they announce a segment for Smackdown during Raw, then the segment gets changed the next day when taping Smackdown. Not that I wanted another MizTV segment, but changing plans so often is hurting WWE.

- Owens vs. Cesaro:
This is pretty enjoyable so far. Both men are solid at what they do.

I love Owens' trash talking.

Good work from both guys. Cesaro putting on a clinic as always.

That was pretty good.

Nice post-match.

- Paige vs. Dana:
This is pretty enjoyable so far.

Glad we're seeing more from Dana. She was gone from NXT TV for way too long.

Good match, and I'm glad we got to see Dana's finisher.

Rusev's great. He's more entertaining when he has something of a goofy side (calling Lana a cold dead fish, the Matchka gesture).

- Ziggler vs. Sheamus:
Pretty nice match so far. Ziggler always works hard and Sheamus is solid in his role.

I'm disappointed we're not seeing a Sheamus/Del Rio feud or something after the LoN breakup. Neither man's really doing anything right now.

Nice match as a whole.

I liked Baron's promo. He's not there to "steal the show." He's there to kick ass and get paid.

Fun promo from Y2J. He's still got it as a heel.

Great work promising to put Dean in the hospital. I miss when wrestling was about brawls and personal feuds instead of "showing who the better wrestler is." Uggggghhhh.

I'm excited for the Asylum match.

I'm interested in seeing what Darren pulls off as a wrestler in this reboot.

Backlund's legitimate about reciting presidents in order. He used to want to get fans to do that in order to get autographs.

- New Day/Cass vs. Dudleys/Vaudevillains:
Fun work from Team Booty-O's as always.

The Dudleys have still got it. They're doing their parts well here.

Nice work from the Vaudevillains.

I like Cass' offense laying waste to everyone.

Nice ending.

- Gallows vs. Reigns:
Good power match so far.

I'm liking seeing these two collide.

Fun seeing everything break down into six people fighting.

Oh, this is a fun post-match. Extreme Rules should be a big war.

REALLY fun ending to the show. I'm set for Sunday.

More wrestling coming up.

1 comment:

  1. Extreme Rules predictions:
    - Corbin losing to Ziggler again could very well cut off all his momentum. I hope they haven't lost the desire to push Baron that quickly. I predict he wins.
    - Vaudevillains winning would be a surprise, and not necessarily a good one. New Day is running out of teams to face, though. Unless they're going to face Shining Stars next (mehhhh), it might be worth the surprise title win to elevate the new team.
    - I'd be really surprised if Charlotte lost the title here after retaining at WM32. I have a feeling we're in for Charlotte vs. Stephanie at Summerslam. I hope I'm wrong, but it's a possibility.
    - I see Usos win to set up "The Club" doing more in the main event, like Rollins losing to Orton at WM31 then cashing in later in the night.
    - I don't see much reason to have Jericho win the feud with Ambrose unless he's moving on to a bigger feud with Reigns or the returning Rollins. I was surprised to see Y2J win at Mania, though, so who knows?
    - The IC Title match is a perfect opportunity to change things around and have a surprise win by Cesaro or Zayn.
    - Rusev could win the title with Lana's help to keep the feud going, depending on how much they like Kalisto as champion.
    - I see Anderson and Gallows either turning on AJ or introducing NXT's Finn Balor as the newest member of the club. Either way, I don't expect AJ to win the title. After all they did to put him over at Mania, Roman will likely hold on to the gold until a really big clash.

    ReplyDelete