Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Raw Reax - 5/9/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Anderson and Gallows are starting to feel like regular members of the roster, but that could be because I've been watching wrestling for a really long time and barely anything seems special anymore.

I'm glad they're selling Ambrose's injury. That's somewhat rare in today's wrestling.

Chris Jericho can literally cut a promo about a potted plant and be entertaining and an effective heel. That's real talent.

There's a difference between saying you're better than Ambrose and saying Ambrose is worthless. Why waste your time feuding with someone who's not even worth $12 to WWE? That's more or less calling him a jobber.

Fun Y2J promo.

I'm glad Colin's getting a big push. He's worked hard in NXT.

Really good interaction between Cass and Jericho. I'm buying into this feud.

Cass really got some good ones in on Jericho. Nice opening segment.

Funny stuff between Y2J and Stephanie. Cass could get a big spotlight tonight.

I really like Corbin. He's there to beat people and get paid, not entertain the fans with cutesy moves.

- Ziggler vs. Corbin:
Cobin's a smart competitor. I think Kevin Nash would approve of his approach.

Ziggler puts it all out there every chance he gets. I respect that.

I love Baron's power. Just throw the smaller guy around!

That was really exciting at the end. Both men looked good.

I generally enjoy the Flairs.

Good promo from AJ. I like him leading the pack.

- Fandango vs. Truth:
I have a feeling this comedy segment is lowering the guard for something heavy to happen in the next segment.

That was mostly fun for how silly it was.

Did Sami not get invited?

I like Sami having to earn his way in after losing to Owens.

We already knew Natalya didn't tap out. The argument is she told the referee she quit.

- Charlotte vs. Paige:
I love heel Charlotte most of the time.

This is pretty physical. I like it.

I like all the attempts and pins and submissions. A lot of times wrestlers get lost in doing a lot of moves and take the "I'm supposed to be trying to beat my opponent" part for granted.

Ehhhhhh too many shenanigans distracting from the people in the ring. Paige should get a title match since she just beat the champ. Maybe that happens at Extreme Rules?

- Zayn vs. Miz:
Sami's always a lot of fun to watch.

Sami's really making his mark here.

This is really heating up. I'm enjoying it.

Really good match with a lot of drama.

GOD I missed Dana Brooke. I'm glad we're seeing her and Emma together on the main roster, although that's another talented female gone from NXT.

They showed the same video with Darren and Backlund on Smackdown, but that's OK, since a lot of Raw viewers didn't see it there. I'm willing to see how they work together.

Not so sure I want a bacon stuffed crust pizza, even if New Day likes them.

I'm glad they addressed Ryder being IC Champion recently. Great idea to have Zack and Owens compete for a title shot, although I'm sure Ryder will get rekt. Hopefully for him he gets to team with Mojo on the main roster soon, since Zack's not really doing much by himself.

That was a good promo from the Samoans.

- Cara vs. Rusev:
I love Rusev being a dominant force. I love Hunicara and all, but Rusev is a lot of fun.

Sin Cara impressive as always. I'm glad Hunico got that role when Mistico bailed.

That was mostly good as a match, but I think it hurt Rusev as a monster. At least Sin Cara got a chance to shine.

What's the over/under on how long Team Puerto Rico lasts in this gimmick? I wonder if they were brought back to take the place of The Ascension as the heel jobber team. They probably should.

- Reigns/Usos vs. Styles/Anderson/Gallows:
I like the teamwork by the Samoans.

I'm liking the work by everyone here.

Nice work setting up the first fall.

Fun multi-man match with action by everyone. This is more believable as a match than the choreographed stereo spots in ROH.

I hope AJ gets the pin on Roman here instead of him beating both men.

Fun battle between everyone.

That was a fun ending. Everyone's full-on brawling.

I'm excited for the WWE Title match at Extreme Rules. I anticipate an all-out war with everyone involved.

- Ryder vs. Owens:
Owens is one of the most fun wrestlers to watch in 2016 with all his headlocks, taunting, and flashy spots that actually have meaning.

Ryder's putting up a fight. I'm glad he's getting some shine.

Excellent outing from both men. I liked the action.

Lots of heart from Cass. This is a big night for him.

Booty-O's is my favorite thing to happen in wrestling in a long time.

Funny New Day promo as always.

- Dudleys vs. Kofi/Big E:
I enjoy how New Day works together. They complement each other on the mic and in the ring.

This is a good matchup with everyone playing their parts well.

I figured Simon and Aiden would like that kind of music.

Nice match overall.

NICE post-match.

NO NOT THE JACKET!!!! I love that thing.

Fun segment with Cass, Y2J, and Ambrose.

The Shane/Stephanie getting along thing is weird.

I'm OK with another McMahon feud IF we get HHH vs. Shane and maybe a brand extension.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment