Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/24/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's edition of Impact Wrestling.

Good to see a new character direction for Matt. I think his current feud's running long in the tooth, though.

Hopefully Matt and Jeff stay apart for a while after Slammiversary. They've faced off a lot lately.

I like Spud as the suck-up lieutenant of the Matt Hardy Brand.

Interesting developments for Matt's character change.

Good setup for tonight's main event.

- EC3 vs. M. Hardy:
I like the vicious Matt Hardy. He's a man on a mission.

I'd love to see Matt and EC3 team up and destroy Bennett.

That was fine for the time it had. I can see why they didn't want either man to lose clean.

Damn. Bennett going pretty hard on Carter there.

I mean, I'm all for not seeing Bennett at Slammiversary, but the feud with EC3 has been built up.

Maria is the Melina to Bennett's Joey Mercury (he's definitely not John Morrison good).

I'm pleasantly surprised we haven't heard Bennett shove the Miracle thing down our throats tonight.

I imagine TNA wants Velvet, too, but she bailed. Maybe we'll see her in WWE in a few months or back in TNA by November or so .

I like the Gail/Maria feud for the most part.

TNA would REALLY be in trouble if Gail left. She's been a valuable soldier for years.

I like the deal with Maria's faction more than post-Taryn Dollhouse and the 2015 Beautiful People. I do think the Knockouts Champion is totally getting shafted in the current division, though.

I'm all for Al Snow destroying Shera and Grado. I'd love to see him wreck some ROH "wrestlers," too, but let's take this one step at a time.

I missed the Bro-Mans as a duo. They were a lot of fun for a while there.

Velvet was more than OK with "losing her job" with TNA again. She's probably holding a boombox outside WWE HQ right now.

I love Based Heel Al Snow. I miss when heels actually tried to get fans to hate them instead of also trying to sell T-shirts and have ****+ matches.

Al Snow's one of the best characters in wrestling in 2016.

- Snow vs. Grado:
I'm not crazy about Snow doing a moonsault in a street fight. It flies in the face of "I'm trying to kill my opponent."

Al Snow pulling out all the heel stops.

I don't really care for Shera/Grado's comedy shtick here.

Fun ending. Welcome to TNA (again, after appearing on a PPV Friday).

Snow was great in the post-match.

Heel Matt is something else. He's definitely focused on "Nero" at the expense of everything else.

I like Lashley wanting the title just like that after last week's match turned into a stuntfest with the lumberjacks.

OH SHIT. That will be one heck of a main event for Slammiversary.

Drew going hard on Lashley.

Good God what a fight.

I'm really excited for Slammiversary. Matt vs. Jeff and Drew vs. Lashley should be really entertaining, and I think EC3 will be able to pull Bennett kicking and screaming to a solid match, too.

I don't like Ultimate X matches just happening. They should mean something beyond "oh, let's have another spotfest."

- Edwards vs. Lee vs. DJ Z vs. Everett:
This is a mess, since it's a tag team feud thrown into a four-way singles match.

Edwards is like some ROH version of an AI wrestler, just programmed to do crazy spots.

Man what a trainwreck. I was hoping overbooked spotfests were just part of TNA's past.

I guess Ethan's calling his aunt to set the match up. Although I would think she's probably elsewhere backstage.

- Sienna vs. Gail:
Gail definitely works hard and throws everything she has into the match.

This is a pretty big fight.

That was OK. Another convoluted finish, though.

I hope we do still get Gail vs. Maria. It's been built well.

Good segment with the Matt Hardy Brand members.

Wow. The Bro-mans didn't waste any time getting a guru!

It's worth trying Raquel out as the Bro-Mans' manager. She still needs work as a wrestler, so they need to do something with her while she keeps training.

- J. Hardy vs. Tyrus/Spud:
I love how everyone just fights all the time on this show. Before the match, during the match, after the match, and even when they're not in a match.

Damn. I like the ruthless aggression. A lesser promotion would turn this heated feud into an excuse to show a bunch of dives and spots.

Tyrus breaking the step was pretty funny, honestly.

That was pretty solid as a battle.

Nice ending to the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment