Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Raw Reax - 5/23/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I hope Rollins becomes a consistent top guy in the years to come. He's shown he's dedicated and can hang in the main event.

Seth already going hard on the fans who whined about his title reign.

GREAT line about why Seth's knee buckled.

BASED Seth doesn't need the fans' support. Great heel work.

Glad we didn't get a long Roman promo, although that would have been appropriate after the big night of Extreme Rules.

Nice, quick setup for the next big PPV main event. That could have easily turned into a segment focusing on Shane and Stephanie trying to one-up each other or something.

I look forward to those MITB qualifiers, although it seems backward Ziggler's competing for contendership after losing on the Kickoff show. I mean, what's next? The Social Outcasts and Viktor in the mix?

Funny Sheamus promo. In a previous era, Zayn would have been his Irish little brother or something.

- Zayn vs. Sheamus:
Good match so far. I like Zayn's quickness against Sheamus' power and brawling.

Zayn's "cat-like reflexes" and "educated feet" on full display.

Really solid work.

I'm pleasantly surprised Sami got a clean win on the former WWE/World Champion. I expected Del Rio or someone to run in and inadvertently give him the victory.

I'd be upset too if I was Sheamus. We are seeing a shift from Henry, Show, Kane, Sheamus, and Del Rio in the booking lately. It will be interesting to see how much of this "new era" talk holds true when it's time for Brock, HHH, or Taker to be back into the mix.

I was looking forward to Crews vs. Jericho. Hopefully we still get that match. Apollo vs. Sheamus should be interesting.

Wow. New Day basically brushing off the feud with Aiden and Simon. They're already onto something else.

There's a tradition of birthday celebrations for certain people after some shows that always ends with cake in someone's face.

Kind of funny the Social Outcasts are breaking up a party now that Rose is gone. I miss the Rosebuds...

- New Day vs. Outcasts:
Fun showcase for New Day.

If you thought the Outcasts were going to get a push now that they're just a trio, WWE just busted that bubble.

So, where are the Vaudevillains? What's their next move?

I love Hollywood Miz. At least someone actually got some heat on The Rock for once.

- Miz vs. Cesaro:
Cesaro using so many European uppercuts reminds me too much of certain top ROH acts. That's not praise.

I like Cesaro, but I'm not liking this match. It's too much of an exhibition of moves rather than a match.

At least Miz is trying to balance the match with focusing on the arm.

That was at least a nice ending.

Interesting segment between Seth and Stephanie. I imagine we'll still get Seth vs. HHH at some point. Summerslam?

- Y2J vs. Crews:
Good to see Apollo get to work with someone who has a lot of experience in longer matches.

Nice action so far.

Crews is definitely talented; he just needs someone who can give him more than a five minute match.

That was nice. I'm glad to see Apollo in a bigger role.

I'm interested in how Apollo vs. Sheamus will go.

I hope Darren Young's gimmick goes better than the Shining Stars.

I like Baron giving zero fucks about winning via low blow.

I look forward to more Ziggler vs. Corbin.

Oh thank goodness Enzo's back.

And he's already back to being fire on the mic!

- Cass vs. Bubba Ray:
I'm liking this battle so far.

Man. The Dudleys are doing jobs left and right. I'm glad Cass is getting a push, though.

I like the idea of Dana being Charlotte's "Arn Anderson." There's always an opportunity to add Tessa Blanchard to the mix, but she's still on the way up as a wrestler (and not signed to NXT).

Strong promo by Charlotte. I like the idea of her wanting to have a legacy like her dad's.

Whoa. Is Ric becoming the Billy Ray to Charlotte's Miley?

I didn't expect Charlotte to drop her dad, although Extreme Rules did show she doesn't need him to keep her title. Does this lead to Ric managing someone like Sasha to get revenge? I'd be down for that.

- Ambrose vs. Ziggler:
Weird to see Ambrose work a more technical opponent after Sunday's crazy hardcore match.

This is a pretty solid outing between two guys who are generally seen as just below main event tier. I'd be fine with either man winning MITB, especially Ambrose.

Nice ending with the counters and avoidances.

Really nice touch seeing Arn Anderson console Flair.

I actually feel bad for Flair after being disowned by his daughter.

Epico and Primo's gimmick is ROH levels of boring. I don't know if they can hear crickets in Puerto Rico, but that might be the only reaction they get.

Someone's a little bitter there, AJ.

Underwhelming split to The Club. Anderson and Gallows walking off after AJ said it was his ring was disappointing. They should have at least hinted he needs to keep eyes in the back of his head or something. Finn's going to look like he's getting AJ's leftovers instead of a big turn on him.

I look forward to Smackdown's title match.

- AJ vs. Owens:
Owens is a smart competitor as far as avoiding taking big moves.

Owens saying he's phenomenal after that clothesline was pretty funny.

Nice work overall at this point.

Getting ROH-y here. The action's really good, but it's definitely turning into "check out ALL my moves."

Nice powerbomb spot on the outside.

Really good match.

I was hoping Anderson and Gallows would make themselves known again. I REALLY hope they're just plotting something else.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment