Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Raw Reax - 5/16/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
I like AJ putting himself over. He does have a pretty impressive resume.

I also like Roman saying the WWE Title is the most important title out there. It should be treated as the biggest prize in the business.

Nice banter here from AJ and Reigns.

I'm excited for Roman and Styles to go extreme. They have very different repertoires and plans to win.

That was a fine ending to that segment to keep the feud going.

- Cesaro vs. Zayn:
This could be special, given their work together in NXT.

Well, that was pretty fun before it turned into a four-way brawl. That part was fun, too, but the match was pretty much officially over at that point.

I'm still not really crazy about the Shane/Stephanie angle.

- Miz/Cesaro vs. Owens/Zayn:
The interaction between Owens and Zayn is always a lot of fun.

Nice action going on.

NICE spot countering the SCF.

Zayn and Cesaro are magic together.

Funny stuff with Miz and Cesaro stealing each other's moves.

HILARIOUS post-match. I love Owens.

I love Jericho's obsession with that jacket.

There has to be more to play off with Primo and Epico than "we're from Puerto Rico and we like it."

- Shining Stars vs. Hollis/Skyler:
NXT's favorite jobber duo getting their big break!

Primo and Epico look motivated after so long being stuck on live events for months.

That was a quick showcase from the Puerto Ricans. They're certainly talented.

I like Jericho being upset over something he can afford to replace.

Jericho vs. Ambrose has become pretty good these past few weeks as they've heated it up.

An asylum match could potentially be really good, especially if there won't be any escape.

Pretty good promo to sell Y2J vs. Ambrose.

- Dana vs. Becky:
Dana's a lot of fun. She's developed personality during her time in NXT.

I like Dana's power. She brings something different to the table.

Becky's definitely got fire and ability. I admire that.

Not a bad ending, but I wonder where Dana's official finisher is.

I'm interested to see how far Darren can get as a singles star. He's talented, but I don't know if he can make it to the level of someone like Kevin Owens or Sami Zayn.

I like the Dudleys wanting to show their era isn't over yet.

I'm excited for Big Cass.

Golden Truth is finally happening!!

- Golden Truth vs. Breeze/Fandango:
This is an alright match.

I'm going to miss Goldust when he hangs up the boots. He's been a very valuable talent in his years with WWE.

Oh, well. So much for that team being successful.

Good segment backstage with Golden Truth wanting to get revenge on the young upstarts. I hope Fandango and Breeze get a good spotlight going forward. Fandango in particular works hard.

Nice to see Kofi acknowledge being a fake Jamaican. Funny stuff.

Funny segment overall. Aiden and Smion got some good heat with that attack.

- Anderson/Gallows vs. Usos:
I like the story of Reigns and AJ as coaches.

Good work by everyone so far.

I enjoy the Usos. I'm just glad WWE doesn't have a whole division of fast high-flying teams.

Superkick spam is RRREEEEEEEAAALLLLLLYYYYYY played out at this point.

Anderson and Gallows hardly look like a dominant force with how they've been booked so far. At least, not "take over the company" dominant.

Enjoyable post-match brawl.

Ohhhh man I'm excited for another round of Reigns vs. Styles.

Big Cass is money on the mic. I hope he's a success in WWE.

- Cass vs. D-Von:
Well that was quick! I'm not complaining about Cass getting the win on the older team. I'd rather them supplement new talents instead of being in the spotlight. I got to see plenty of them as a top team/act in TNA.

I'm excited for Big Cass' future.

- Kalisto vs. Del Rio:
Del Rio is a very efficient competitor. He shows up to pick apart his opponent.

I was wondering when someone would figure out where that monitor was and attack someone.

I like the tenacity of the LoN teammates.

BAH GAWD BREAK THE DAMN HOLD. I miss ruthless monster Rusev.

That was all pretty fun. I'm excited for Rusev vs. Kalisto.

Ziggler vs. Corbin should be fun.

It's hard to boo Ric Flair, especially in N.C.

Nice Natalya promo.

Charlotte's arrogance is great. They made the right move focusing on her as a heel.

Nice burial of Bret Hart.

I'm a little surprised they made a reference to HHH in this segment.

Good ending to the show. It'll be interesting to see if we get Charlotte vs. Stephanie at Summerslam. I'm not so sure I'm a fan of that.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment