Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Raw Reax - 5/30/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Really not in the mood for a long McMahon segment to start the show.

I don't really see how the show being live means better shows and better matches, but I'll humor them and go along with that explanation.

New Day is one of the few acts I'm disappointed I won't get to see twice a week. It will keep them fresh longer, though.

Funny stuff about Kofi. The ECW brand was kind of a new era in its own time.

I REALLY hope New Day doesn't get split up with the brand extension. I wouldn't think they would be, but I imagine at least one team will be.

OMG Francesca 2 might end up on a different show than New Day? Who would do such a thing?

I guess I prefer goofy Shane and Stephanie than a big, serious feud.

I hope Aiden and Simon don't get totally lost in the tag team shuffle.

- Vaudevillains vs. Big E/Kofi:
New Day is a fun team as always.

Big E on a roll.

I'm glad The Club have some goals after AJ kicked them to the curb. They didn't waste any time finding new targets.

Dirty tactics from the Vaudevillains.

Nice attack by The Club.

The Club isn't much of a club with two guys in it. Hard to be dominant without the numbers game in their favor.

I REALLY hope they don't have Show go over Apollo. It's been refreshing not seeing him lately.

I don't think anyone would buy Crews beating up Big Show.

I guess Show is face for now. Show and Crews could be an interesting pairing to help Apollo further acclimate to the WWE roster.

Molten Poop was a really bad line. Yikes. I guess that's better than no promo time. Maybe.

- Breezango vs. Usos:
Welp. So much for any push for Breezango. I guess they're taking Ascension's place at the bottom of the tag team ladder. That's not a bad place for them.

I liked the post-match, although it's pretty much two teams of losers colliding.

I kind of like the "Man vs. Guy" thing, as silly as it is. "The Guy" tagline is getting pretty forced, though.

Well that was odd. I guess they didn't want Rollins to say anything that would get him cheered over Reigns.

Nice continuity with Ryder going for the U.S. Title.

- Rusev vs. Ryder:
Ryder making the most of this opportunity.

That was quick. Rusev didn't really get much offense to make it look like he dominated, so I guess the goal is to rebuild the Accolade as an effective finisher.

I love Rusev. A throwback to a previous era and all that.

Fun segment between Rusev and Titus. I'm really glad to see Titus back.

Primo and Epico could have easily made some kind of Memorial Day reference involving Puerto Rico but this gimmick is really minimal effort. Hopefully with a brand split they'll get more time to show who they are and what they can do.

I would actually watch Charlotte vs. Ric. Not going to lie. I think we'll see Ric second Sasha in their mutual quest for revenge, though.

Charlotte really better get her heat back on Stephanie. There's an obvious storyline to do about both of them getting where they are because of their fathers.

Fun Enzo promo. WWE needs more good characters. I feel like most of NXT now is "great wrestlers who wrestle," which only gets you so far.

With all the Green Bay references, I wonder if the crowd would pop for a Mr. Kennedy return (not that I see any chance of it happening).

- Enzo/Cass vs. Dudleys:
I don't expect the Dudleys to put up much of a fight after Cass bowled them both over.

That was pretty good. The Dudleys have definitely still got it, and their experience is really valuable working with the newer teams on the roster.

The international promo with Zayn, Ambrose, and Cesaro wasn't very good. Wackyman Ambrose is really forced sometimes.

I don't wish injury on anyone, but I think the break from Cena was good for everyone involved.

Cena's opening rhetoric is why people dislike America, but that's neither here nor there.

I definitely think Cena belongs in the new era. He can still contribute in big ways.

OH SHIT. AJ vs. Cena has been something people have talked about since at least 2005/2006. I'm all for this.

Cena absolutely deserves a big pat on the back for all he's done for the company, in and out of the ring.

Cena and AJ taking care of The Club would pretty much kill their momentum.

AJ being angry at Cena's success is a good story. Styles has busted his ass for years, too, he just never got the stage Cena did until now (NJPW notwithstanding).

Glad Cena's actually getting a beatdown instead of being able to stand against three guys.

BAH GAWD AJ ENOUGH IS A DAMN NOUGH. JOHN CENA HAS A FAMILY.

- Natalya vs. Dana:
I like the pairing of Charlotte with Dana, and I hope it leads to big things for both.

That was pretty good for the time it had. I do feel bad for Natalya always being the one to lose and get beat up, though.

Nice to see Becky stand up to the bullies, even though we've seen Charlotte vs. Becky several times now.

Funny Ziggler promo, although I'm tired of the "Steal the show" tagline.

- Ziggler vs. Corbin:
That was pretty funny. I can get behind another PPV match between these two if it's the last one.

Fine enough post-match to give Dolph the upper hand.

Fun Miz/Maryse promo. I've been entertained by Miz as a heel for quite time, but this adds a new wrinkle to his act.

I wasn't a huge fan of the "heels having tension before the tag match" segment. Both segments setting up the main event have been too sports-entertainmenty for me.

I'm pretty much always down for a Charlotte/Becky match.

- Owens/Y2J/Del Rio vs. Zayn/Cesaro/Ambrose:
Cesaro's European uppercuts are getting played out. I'd like to see him make use of more of his arsenal.

Del Rio efficient in the ring as always.

Nice heel tactics to get the advantage.

Sami's impressive without just being a spot wrestler.

Nice work between Zayn and Jericho.

Good work between Ambrose and Jericho, too.

Really good spot countering Dean's clothesline into a Codebreaker. Smart psychology by Jericho.

That was really good as a whole.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment