Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 26, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 5/25/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.
NXT:
Interesting developments about the women's title picture. I'm sure we'll still get a big Asuka/Bayley match, possibly at a big special during Summerslam weekend.

TM61 had an introductory promo on NXT's Facebook before this taping that was really entertaining.

At least they got to make a reference to TMDK in that promo. It's definitely a great team name.

- Ciampa/Gargano vs. TM61:
Both teams feature interesting combinations, personality-wise. I like those dynamics.

Thorne reminds me a little of Dean Ambrose.

TM61 have good size and athleticism, and their experience shows. I'm liking this team one match into their NXT TV run.

Don't count Ciampa and Gargano out! They're pretty fun to watch, too.

REALLY solid action there at the end. "Developmental" hell, both teams were quite impressive.

Poor Bayley....

Nia's impressing me as the next top heel of the division. She's being built pretty well.

That was a pretty good backstage segment with the women. I really liked how it was set up, and it definitely sold the main event and conflicts involved.

Andrade has been hyped pretty highly for his work on NXT live events. I have the feeling they've held off debuting him because they want him to make a big splash when he does arrive.

Aries is always a solid promo. He knows what to do and how to get his situation over. I definitely look forward to seeing him challenge for the NXT Title.

Nakamura's English isn't bad. Odd promos kind of fit his crazy style anyway.

Austin vs. Shinsuke is going to be a really big match. I assume we'll see the winner face Joe.

Pretty good promo from American Alpha. They've definitely meshed as personalities now.

- Jose vs. Ortagun:
Jose's got some energy and personality; that separates him from a lot of really mechanical, dry wrestlers.

That was fine enough to continue Jose's training as a superstar.

That was a pretty fun post-match.

The cage match should be pretty tight. I like that gimmick matches still mean something in NXT and ROH.

Asuka's pretty intimidating.

- Nia vs. Alexa vs. Carmella:
I think Nia could convincingly destroy both her opponents.

Alexa deciding against diving on Nia was a genius spot. Bliss has been really entertaining as a heel.

Carmella's continuing to improve.

Bliss making the most of her size. It's not easy to try to be a dominating heel when you're that small.

I'm liking the strategies here. Each competitor clearly has a different style and idea of how to win the match.

That had some rough spots, but I admire the effort overall.

Asuka vs. Nia is going to be a real test for both of them. It could either be an epic clash of strong vs. stiff, or it could show how they're both still making their way as WWE prospects.

Main Event:
Is this New Day promo some kind of rib on Xavier or did they just decide to be goofy since it's Main Event and no one's really watching?

I love the Outcasts. Something is kind of missing without Rose, though.

Well, this is interesting.

I'm pretty sure Xavier is legitimately a brony.

- Outcasts vs. New Day:
Xavier trying to wrestle as Big E is pretty funny.

Fun match so far.

I like the interaction between these two squads.

That got particularly good at the end when Woods finally got his Big E mojo going.

- Paige vs. Summer Rae:
This is OK. They don't necessarily match up well.

The ending was good enough. This was just pretty short.

Nice Corbin promo. I think he'll benefit from the brand extension.

- Swagger vs. Corbin:
I do feel sorry for Swagger being the eternal job guy. MAYBE he'll get a reboot with the brand split. I'm not holding my breath, though.

I like Baron methodically taking his opponents apart.

Corbin's power is pretty impressive.

Nice ending.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment