Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 13, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 10/12/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

- NXT:
- Entrances/Sanity debut:
Roode and Dillinger are really fun together. Both men have "it."

That Sanity entrance was certainly something. Definitely more interesting than "athlete from place who likes to wrestle."


- Roode/Dillinger vs. Wolfe/Fulton:
I like the animalistic attitude of Sanity.

I can't blame you, Roode. I wouldn't want any of that, either.

That was good enough to debut the new team. I promise the reveal of their leader is worth waiting for.

- The destruction of Tye Dillinger:
I'm excited to see the World Class Maniac again. He was tearing things up in his last run in TNA.

- Billie/Peyton:
That was pretty good. They play off each other well, and are both showing personality.

- Roode promo:
I love his self-serving attitude. Good promo.

- Billie vs. Liv:
Billie's coming along rather well, and Liv's improving.

I'm liking Billie's methodical approach.

That was OK overall. I think Billie could have won without Peyton's help.

- Cien promo:
That was definitely better than his babyface promos, and he's picking up some English, which is good.

- Tino/Moss promo:
That was totally fine. Nice natural charisma from both men. 

- TM61 vs. Tino/Moss:
Nice work early. Riddick doesn't look lost wrestling on TV, which is good.

Tino's got good presence.

Solid work from the established team, as well as the newcomers.

That was mostly good.

- Blake vs. Murphy:
Good back-and-forth early.

Nice counters between the former tag team champions.

It's tough to get behind either guy here, since they haven't gotten much character development since splitting up, and neither man is really presented as a babyface.

- Joe/Nakamura:
Joe killing some more generic FCW-esque prospects works for me.

Fun enough fight.

My own personal kayfabe is that WWEPC prospects have to work as security to pay for their training. There were plenty of them involved here.

- Main Event:
- H. Bros vs. Vaudevillains:
Good teamwork early.

Fine action so far.

That was pretty enjoyable for the time it had.

- Breeze vs. Swagger:
Ahh I love Tyler Breeze.

I'm liking the psychology from both sides.

This is going pretty well. They're playing off each other well.

NICE for Breeze to grab the rope instead of kicking out. That's smart wrestling.

That was solid!

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment