Total Pageviews

Friday, October 7, 2016

ROH and Impact Wrestling Reax - 10/6/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Impact Wrestling.
- ROH:
- Fish vs. EVIL:
Good start to things.

I like Fish's submission acumen.

I mean he calls himself EVIL. Did you really expect him to listen to a referee?

I like EVIL bringing something very different to the match, rather than being more or less a mirror to Fish.

So we totally missed Fish turning things around during the break. Great.

Fish on fire!

Good back-and-forth here now that both men are heating things up.

That was really solid. Good work from both men.

- Dijak vs. Elgin:
Oh I'm excited for this.

I love how smooth and quick Elgin is for his size.

And I love Dijak's crazy size and power.

Dijak has some impressive aerial offense, too.

Fun suplex spot.

Lots of bombs going on here.

Dijak's really impressing me lately. It's a shame we haven't seen a lot of him until recently.

Very hard-hitting contest.

HOLY SHIT THAT GERMAN SUPERPLEX.

Elgin's strength is just incredible.

I hope WWE was paying attention to this one. Both men would be great there.

- Bucks/Page/Takahashi vs. MCMG/Rush/ACH:
After the last two matches, I'm OK with a flippy match.

And we're definitely getting the flips!

And some more flips.

And now some combination moves with flips.

And superkicks leading to more flips.

And now some flashy spots that don't directly involve flips.

Some of these doubleteams are actually really impressive.

THEY'RE HAVIN FUN MAGGLE AH LOVE IT. What's there to say at this point? They're doing lots of superkicks and moves, same as every other match. You either really like it or you don't.

It's like every indie wrestling move cliche in one match!

I'm growing to really like Page as the Hangman.

DAMN flying right into two superkicks.

More silliness, but mostly fun for that kind of match.

- Impact Wrestling: 
- Lashley/Rex/Gail/Hardys/DJ Z/Corgan promo:
Based World Champ Lashley.

Lashley's the man.

Come on, Aron. You've barely gotten started in TNA. Lashley's been dominating since you were a stunt double.

Gail vs. Lashley vs. Rex when?

They could set up a super champions vs. champions bout here.

Oh, man. That's the minor league title, DJ. Go back to the back.

HOLY SHIT I thought Aiden O'Shea had been deleted or something.

No idea what Team X Gold is or why I should care.

- Z/Sutter/Mandrews vs. Lee/Everett/Rockett:
"Hey new spot-monkey. Get out there for the latest multi-man spotfest!"

Rockett's pretty good. Good to see him do something different.

I'd like to see that win lead to Mandrews challenging DJ Z.

- Drake promo:
I'm excited to see what DUMMY Drake will cash in on and when. YEAH!

- JB and Moose:
It's like Moose vs. Bennett never happened. They've moved right on.

- Fact of Life:
Drake going hard on EC3 for the surprising loss at BFG.

Eli's pretty funny.

I like EC3's fire.

That was all pretty good, although the references to reading how good or bad someone is according to the Internet is getting tired. The audience that cares about dirtsheets already gets too much attention.

- Maria and her entourage:
Allie's making this story better than it would be with someone like Madison Rayne in her role.

- Edwards promo:
Man this guy's bland.

- Gail vs. Sienna:
I'm liking the big power game.

Sienna's mostly impressive.

OK ending to hopefully set up another chapter.

- Gail beatdown:
This is pretty good. I REALLY hope this ends with Allie winning the title again.

Is Madison transitioning into being a commentator? Odd to see her not get involved.

- EC3 promo:
Pretty interesting words. I'm curious what the future holds for him after his loss.

- Hardys vs. Decay (part of this match covered from footage posted on TNA's YouTube channel after Pop had technical difficulties):

The madness continues.

I can see how this wouldn't be everyone's style of match, but I'm enjoying it.

Crazy stuff.

Nero loves to take wild bumps, huh?
 
This is fun for the sheer craziness of what they come up with.

Broken Reby is pretty horrifying.

- Cody/Brandi:
Good promo so far. There's a line between kiss-up "I sure love wrestling and the fans" promo and true passion.

That was good enough, although I'm not exactly excited for Cody vs. Bennett.

- Maria/Aiden:
I'm OK with Aiden being Corgan's heavy, and doing things so we don't have to see Corgan on TV so much.

- Rex vs. Baron:
TNA likes to throw a bunch of title matches and gimmick matches with little-if-any buildup. This is no exception.

Baron's making the most of this opportunity. The Tribunal are hardly getting a push, so he's got to show why he's worth using when he does get TV time.

I liked Dax's aggression.

Good win from the champion.

- Rex promo:
Aron Rex is nowhere near as interesting as Damien Sandow. He could be pretty much any other wrestler holding a title.

- Lashley's decision:
Lashley just burying everyone. I have a bad feeling Eddie's going to win due to Lashley taking him lightly, which would be a disastrous end to a great title reign.

- Lashley vs. Edwards:
I would have popped for Lashley winning right out of the gate with the spear.

At least Edwards didn't get lucky with a rollup.

Lashley just KILLING this little punk.

Edwards is such a create-a-wrestler. No personality beyond "fighting spirit."

I'm loving Lashley destroying him, but I think the fix is in, sadly.

UGGGHHHHHHH a multiple suicide dive spot. We got enough of that from the (also bland as hell) Jay Lethal title reign in ROH.

That's a damn shame. The match was mostly good, and it had a really good ending sequence, but the wrong guy won. I guess they realized ratings couldn't get any worse, so they'll try using someone who doesn't have charisma to see if they can get the ROHbots to watch the show. They could have at least protected the dominant champion in defeat against the guy not in his league.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment