Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Raw Reax - 10/17/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- JeriKO/Rollins:
Good to see Kevin Owens starting his show.

I love how Owens and Jericho complement each other.

I love Jericho selling HIAC as a big deal; it's been watered down by the sheer number of them that take place now. Three on one PPV is crazy.

I'm a little surprised Jericho made a Mysterio reference considering Rey works for LU now.

Jericho can get pretty much anything over. That's a great quality to have.

About time Seth came out to fire back.

I love Rollins driving a wedge between the Canadians.

Oh, another round of Rollins/Jericho? Why?

Nice opening segment.

Jericho's been a great addition to this angle.

- Rollins vs. Y2J:
These two generally work together pretty well.

Both men going for intense physicality here.

Y2J has still got.... IT. It's great to see he's still motivated and in shape.

Rollins does a lot of crazy bumps (and gives them, too, am I right?)

This is going quite well.

I liked Jericho going for a Pedigree of his own as a snub to Rollins.

It makes sense Kevin would come out on HIS show.

Even more good action as things continue.

Really great ending sequence. This is what great wrestling looks like.

- Goldberg video:
Hahahaha Bill DeMott BTFO.

- Charlotte/Lita:
Charlotte has really come into her own as a heel. I've liked it.

NICE promo from the champion. HIAC should be quite the match.

Charlotte heeling the crowd was great.

- Henry/G. Truth vs. Titus/S. Stars:
Filler maaaaatch. Other than Titus, I wouldn't mind Goldberg coming out to beat all of them.

That was fun for a brief match.

- JeriKO/Stephanie:
I like the idea of Jericho and Owens heading the Raw team. Perhaps leading to Jericho vs. Owens at Roadblock and the Rumble?

- New Day:
Pretty solid stuff. Their references never feel forced, which is refreshing.

The 420 references in Colorado were great. I wouldn't be surprised if they went right over Vince's head.

- Sheamus vs. Big E:
Good action so far. I like what each of them brings to the table.

Pretty good stuff ahead of break.

Big E's power is always impressive.

Both men have a lot of good going for them.

I'm pretty much ready for Sheamus/Cesaro to wrap up. It's kind of run its course.

The ending was funny at any rate.

- Bo/Axel backstage:
I guess they might as well reunite these two as a low-level team.

- Dallas vs. Neville:
Good action so far between the long-time rivals.

Neville's in a tough spot. He presumably doesn't want to get pigeonholed as a lower-level flippy guy, but that's kind of his thing.

WHOA. I definitely didn't expect Bo to get the clean win.

- Bo attacks Axel:
And I REALLY, REALLY didn't expect that. I guess Axel's turning face. With Swagger to Smackdown, maybe they need someone to take his spot as a face.

- Dana vs. Bayley:
Fine work early.

Bayley doing impressive work.

Good mean streak on display from Dana.

Dana's been good. I hope she gets even better as time goes on.

I can't say I saw Dana winning clean, BUT I guess Bayley needs something to do. I was hoping for Nia vs. Bayley, but it doesn't look like that's happening right now.

- Heyman:
Smart of Heyman to realize Goldberg's not coming to Raw just to say no, as funny as that would be.

Heyman going ALL IN on Goldberg here.

Lesnar vs. Goldberg could be a lot of fun as a trainwreck.

- Mile High Trio:
I'm loving the campy jobber promos. We know they're going to lose, so we might as well get some entertainment from it.

- Braun vs. M. H. Trio:
Strowman's a force of a nature. I love watching him kill skinny jabronis.

I'm glad Braun didn't do a dive to the outside like the big guys in a certain other promotion. Sheesh.

Strowman's intense.

Beautiful destruction.

- Braun/Zayn:
Whoa, Sami. You sure about that one, buddy?

- Sami promo:
I would have popped if Sami said he challenged Braun because Creative doesn't have any other ideas for him. There are going to be some people really upset if Braun beats him.

- Rusev/Lana:
Rusev is OVER. I love it.

Rusev burying Colorado AND Samoans. He's been one of the best parts of WWE TV lately.

Pretty funny stuff about Rusev's family.

Oh man. Roman's lines were just BAD. "The fans are my family" and "you look like a dog." REALLY? Bad.

Good fighting from the people who'll collide at HIAC.

I love the Accolade being sold as a big finisher.

- Goldberg video:
Goldberg vs. Rock was a really big moment.

- Enzo/Cass:
That was OK, I guess. I still wonder if it would have been better to put Enzo and Cass on Smackdown so they wouldn't compete with New Day.

- Karl vs. Cass:
Damn. That was quick. Karl and Luke might want to call up NJPW to see if there are any hard feelings.

- Cruisers backstage:
Mostly good from the heels.

OK, I guess. They're trying a little hard with the video game references.

- Sasha/Lita:
I'm liking how this feud has been set up.

Good promo from the champion.

- Kendrick/Nese/Gulak vs. TJP/Cedric/Swann:
Nice back-and-forth between Swann and Gulak. It's good to see a collision of styles.

Pretty good so far.

Nice selling of the kneebar by Kendrick.

Mostly good as far as fast-paced action goes.

That was a clever ending sequence. Kendrick has really done good things for this division.

- Stephanie/Foley:
Oh man this is painful. What happened to hardcore legend Mick Foley?

- Announcement of tag match:
I hope they don't actually have Cesaro/Sheamus vs. New Day before trying to sell the exact same match on the WWE Network for $9.99 a month.

- GOOOOOOOOLDBERG:
I miss Gillberg.

Who would have thought this would happen?

It's really cool to see Bill again.

I hope Bill and WWE are on good terms now.

They're setting him up well as a babyface.

Well, it definitely looks like Brock will be his final opponent. We'll see if that changes if he gets a pitch to do something big at WM33.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment