Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Smackdown Reax - 10/18/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

- Ambrose/Ellsworth:
This has been done pretty well. Ellsworth is a pretty natural babyface in this role; he doesn't need to do a 450 splash to get the crowd behind him. That's refreshing.

- Orton/Bray/Harper:
Randy brings up a good point. Why would you want to get Orton unhinged? Bray should ask Husky Harris what happens when Orton's let loose.

Oh, man. I like Bray getting to go full spooky.

I'm glad Harper's getting a push, even if he is right back where he was as a member of the Wyatts. The Family's going to be a force to be dealt with when they're all together.

- Harper vs. Orton:
UGGGGHHHHH I'm sick to death of suicide dives.

Pretty good stuff so far.

I'm glad the Wyatts can show some dominance.

I guess we're headed for a casket match the night after Halloween? Works for me.

Fine to build to whatever's next.

- Kane returns:
Not going to lie. I like a lot of shenanigans like this.

They really need to get those lights checked.

- AJ interview:
He's a lot more fun when he can be cocky.

I guess James Ellsworth is trying to pull an Eddie Edwards tonight. James has more charisma, though.

- Alexa vs. Naomi:
Good opening. It was a nice change of pace to use the referee and start slow.

Naomi seems rejuvenated. I don't think she was ever really "bad." She just seems more motivated and confident now.

Naomi's athleticism has been impressive since Day One. She's been a good signing.

Alexa's just getting dominated here.

I love Alexa's meanness.

That was a pretty enjoyable match. It was like 90% Naomi, but I liked it.

- Alexa interview:
That was great. Alexa's character work has been incredible.

- Hawkins promo:
I assume this is intentionally "so bad it's good." It kind of works on that sense.

- Carmella/Nikki:
Yeah, I've had my fill of this feud. Only having six active women on the brand is really taking its toll.

I can't say I disagree with Carmella's slams on Nikki.

Yeah, Nikki's definitely coming across as the heel with the "you're just jealous" approach.

Interesting for Nikki to throw shade at Charlotte and Sasha.

DAMN. Carmella going pretty hard on Nikki here.

- Ellsworth interview:
One of the best babyface promos I've heard in a LONG time. He came across as down-to-Earth and very authentic.

- Slater/Rhyno promo:
Genius work. I love this teaming.

- Miz/Mikey/Kenny vs. Ziggler/Slater/Rhyno:
Nice start with Rhyno making use of his power.

Good work overall so far.

I like The Miz Squad. I wouldn't be against Kenny and Mikey getting Hollywood makeovers or something. There's real potential here.

I totally expected Kenny to be the ace of the Spirit Squad. I had Johnny second, and I suppose Ziggler might have been third or fourth. Goes to show how things don't always go as expected.

I think that was pretty good overall. I'm glad they're not killing the Spirit Squad right out of the gate.

- Bryan/Natalya:
Natalya's pretty great when they don't have her passing gas.

As fun as that was, I think it hurt Natalya as a serious heel.

- Corbin promo:
Baron totally throwing Swagger under a bus there. I did like him insulting the fans, though. 

- Swagger vs. Corbin:
Good start from the All-American American.

Well that was quick! See you back on Main Event soon, Jack.

- Natalya/Bryan/Ambrose:
OH MY GOD Natalya's been showing him cat pictures all night.

I like that Bryan doesn't want Dean as referee potentially screwing AJ out of the title.

- AJ vs. Ellsworth:
Pretty funny start.

Whoa, the ring announcer gets to call when the show goes to commercial!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that rear chinlock spot. Everyone had been joking about that, and they actually did it.

Styles isn't playing around with Ellsworth.

Ambrose is mostly entertaining here.

Damn. AJ taking out some aggression here.

Silly stuff with taking Ellsworth in and out of the ring.

You know Ellsworth is a real wrestler when he pulls out a superkick. He's ready to hold a title in ROH with that level of skill.

Funny enough.

NICE DQ spot. We haven't seen that kind of thing in a while.

- Post-match:
Good enough to keep things going.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment