Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Smackdown Reax - 10/25/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

- Green Bay:
I honestly kind of want to see a brief Mr. Kennedy run since they have space on the roster. Certainly not a big push, though.


- Ambrose/Ellsworth:
They're kind of damned if they do and damned if they don't with Dean's character. Sometimes it comes across as trying too hard at making him crazy and violent, but if they don't feature him, it's like he's not important.

They've got to have Ellsworth win a contract. I suppose they could have him turn heel on Ambrose, but I don't see much reason to.

- Kane vs. Bray:
I generally like a big battle of hosses, although I wonder at what point I'll have seen enough of Kane.

Fine enough slugfest so far.

It's good to have people help out with this kind of thing. Especially big monsters like Luke and Erick.

A big wild battle going on here.

Well, that was odd. Not really sure why they'd turn Orton heel, since he's the obvious choice to challenge AJ next.

Orton in the Wyatt Family would be interesting.

- AJ interview:
Pretty funny jab at Ellsworth's appearance. James has been a great character for WWE.

Funny remark about James' lack of a chin, too.

- Becky/Alexa:
I love Alexa as a heel. Such great work from her.

Funny remark about back surgery.

Great heeling from Alexa, insinuating Becky's ducking her.

That was a really good promo exchange.

Good fight overall. Alexa looks like a credible threat. I like that.

OH MAN. Nice use of spray paint.

- Tag team promos:
Why do these people care about beating Raw? They've barely started on Smackdown.


- Ascension vs. H. Bros:
Pretty solid work early.

Good psychology here to set Mojo up for the hot tag.

Great heat for The Ascension.

Good fire by Mojo.

Pretty nice overall.

- Orton promo:
Well that was odd. I assume he's suckering Bray in, but we'll see.



- Bryan/Shane/Natalya:
I like Natalya wanting to make herself a top woman in the company.

So Nikki just gets in the race for captain because of her past success? Definitely favoritism from her brother-in-law.

- Nikki vs. Natalya:
Nice falls early.

Nice back-and-forth.

I'm liking the submission work.

This is really solid. Both women are motivated here 

NICE ending sequence.

- Carmella attacks:
I'm glad she cares more about beating Nikki than a feud with Raw. Carmella could be on Raw next year for all she knows. I don't see much reason for loyalty.

Nice heel work. I'm glad they're using Nikki to elevate her. Carmella actually reminds me a bit of the Bellas when they first came in as far as how green she still is. Hopefully one day she's the veteran helping out new names.

- Ambrose interview:
Uuugggghhhhhh. I can't believe I'm starting to prefer THE BIG DOG to Dean Ambrose. Both characters are being shoehorned into the Cena mold.

- Miz Squad/Dolph/Slater/Rhyno:
I think I'll always have a soft spot for Miz. I'm glad he's getting to shine more.

Miz just BURYING Dolph on the mic here. He's ruthless.

Dolph is lame...

Whoa Miz. Attack Dolph all you want, but don't try to drag based Heath down.

- S. Squad vs. Slater/Rhyno:
Nice teamwork from the cheerleaders. I'm glad they got out of that OVW box.

I'm liking the psychology here.

NICE heel work to set up for Rhyno getting involved.

I LOVE a heavily-sold Gore.

- AJ vs. Ambrose:
I would actually mark out for a random Ellsworth heel turn. 

AJ attacking Ellsworth to lure Dean in was great heel work.

Uggggghhhhhh dives.

GOOD GAWD WHAT A SUPLEX.

This is really heating up.

Awesome work here. I'm loving the story of AJ working over Ambrose's leg and James willing Dean on.

GOOD GAWD THAT KILLED HIM! JAMES ELLSWORTH HAD A FAMILY!

Absolute evil intent by AJ.

No Chin Music had me DYING. I hope that becomes a thing.

That was a really clever ending.

- Post-match:
Lots of good emotion and storytelling here.

More wrestling coming up.

1 comment:

  1. HIAC predictions:
    - Babyface cruiser team
    - Sasha
    - TJP if they want to build him as a top act. I'm curious to see if they'll treat the division as a bunch of flips or actually try to showcase personalities. So far, it's tough to say.
    - New Day, as they get closer to passing Demolition's record
    - Bayley
    - Anderson and Gallows if for no other reason than to have a balanced number of face/heel wins. This is me taking a risk, because they're not booked all that well.
    - Roman(?) I see Sheamus and Cesaro ending up involved in the U.S. Title picture after this PPV.
    - Owens

    ReplyDelete