Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2016

More on Joey-EVOLVE, WWE chocolate bars, Summer Rae update, Nese gets WWE deal, ROH name at EVOLVE seminar, and Questions on booking Raw vs. Smackdown, shooting at the Impact Zone, AJ Lee's in-ring future, what if Hulk never went to WWE, and how I got started in wrestling

Joey Styles had been instructed not to reference politics before his controversial EVOLVE promo. EVOLVE head Gabe Sapolsky didn't want anyone bringing the subject up, as the show was to be an escape for those watching. Styles accompanied Timothy Thatcher to the emergency room after the show, remaining with him until he was released the next morning.

WWE-themed chocolate is now available at FYE. That might be one of the craziest things I've ever heard. I would have popped so hard for Sheamus white chocolate, but instead they got several kinds of milk chocolate.

Summer Rae talked about her injuries. I hope things get sorted out for her soon. She was drafted to Raw, but has not appeared there yet.

William Regal presented Tony Nese with a WWE contract at an EVOLVE event this weekend. Regal eased further signings. We'll see.

Lio Rush was at EVOLVE's training seminar this weekend as he lives in the area. He could end up working there in 2017 if he doesn't re-sign with ROH.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. WWE will definitely need to be careful in how they present the two brands at the PPV. I'm split on Shane competing at the show, since it does seem to suggest Smackdown doesn't have five main eventers at Raw's level when Cena's not there.

2. I imagine a lot of it has to do with it being easier to get a better shot of things when they play to that angle of the venue. With everything in wrestling being about having cool MOVES that can be replayed/made into GIFs, dangerous physical spots are the norm.

3. AJ's officially retired, so we might not see her wrestle again, period. I would think her book's release would be post-WWE contract since the company isn't publishing the book.

4. I don't see anyone succeeding at the same level Hulk did. All the stars aligned for Hogan, Vince, Piper, etc. to take things to the next level. I suppose he might have tried to keep Backlund as top face, but that's pure guesswork.

5. My dad was flipping through channels in 1998 and I caught Edge spearing someone. The rest is pretty much history on that front. I started discussing wrestling online in a Yahoo mail fan club sometime in 2004 (which seems forever ago now). I started this blog to combat some of the narratives that were being pushed - exaggerations of how evil/incompetent Management and Creative are, that kind of stuff. I also know a LOT of news happens in a day and it's really hard to keep up with it one headline at a time, so I do a daily post.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment