Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 24, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 11/23/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

- NXT:
- Swann vs. Reeves:
Whoa, Kona's making the most of this opportunity!

I'm impressed with Kona's power.

Oh this is good. Basic, but effective.

Swann's something else.

Well that was weird.

Swann/Kona vs. Sanity next week?

- Sanity attacks:
I'm surprised Young wasn't on the main Takeover card in some form.

- Jose promo:
That was good enough. Jose's growing. I can definitely see him being called up in 2017.

- E. Young vs. Jose:
Did Jose really think this was going to be one-on-one?

I love Nikki's role in all of this. She's not just the female valet cheering things on.

- Authors/Ellering:
I'm liking this group overall. 

I'd love to know what Akam and Rezar are actually saying.

- Billie/Peyton/Daria:
I'm really liking the combination of Billie and Peyton. Daria's got potential as a mean girl, too.

Good sell for Daria's toughness.

- Tye interview:
That was a pretty good sell of the loss. It was a big match against a big opponent. It should matter that he didn't get the win.

- #DIY interview:
Still surprised these two won. They're a talented team, but I would have thought they were main roster bound. Maybe they're losing the straps to the Authors first?

- Mickie interview:
I hope this wasn't the last time we see Mickie in a WWE ring. She was game.

I'd be all for Asuka/Mickie II. That match was something else.

- Shinsuke:
Short, but effective! Round three should really be something else.

- Liv/Ember/Aliyah vs. Daria/Peyton/Billie:
I'm just not feeling Liv for whatever reason. She works hard, but she's still got work to do.

Aliyah's got some skills.

Daria definitely brings something different to the match. I like that.

Is there room for Daria in the friendship of Billie and Peyton?

This is heating up pretty well. I'm liking Ember's energy.

Funny ending.

- Rematch announcement:
I'm really curious what the future holds for Shinsuke and Joe.

- Main Event: 
- Food fight flashback:
Weird to see Gail Kim on a WWE show in 2016!

- More flashbacks:
Ahhh pre-Attitude Era WWF was something special.

- Naomi vs. Alexa:
Alexa has some great intangibles. She's become pretty solid in the ring, too, but her personality brings her further than her technical ability.

Pretty good back-and-forth.

I'm liking this.

Alexa's mean streak is fun.

This is pretty good for what it is. I like Alexa using Naomi's long hair against her.

Naomi's not bad at all.

Nice ending!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment