Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Smackdown Reax - 11/1/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.
- Ellsworth/Ambrose/AJ:
I wonder what guys like Apollo Crews and Kalisto think about Ellsworth getting such a push despite not being under contract.

Poor Ellsworth.

The bromance continues.

I wonder how Stone Cole would have handled this. Stunner?

They've really made Ellsworth a compelling character.

I like AJ playing mind games here.

This is pretty fun.

Nice segment overall.

- Ambrose/Ellsworth/Bryan:
Oh God, another AJ/Dean match? They're good together, but I kind of want to see something else.

I can only imagine what Ellsworth will get into backstage.

- Orton vs. Kane:
I love a weapons brawl here and there.

Bray and Luke didn't wait long!

BAH GAWD THIS IS HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

- Post-match:
That was pretty interesting. I assume we're in for Randy turning on them at an opportune moment.

- Corbin video:
I like Baron being so selfish he doesn't even help friends and family.

- Becky/Nikki vs. Carmella/Bliss:
Another pretty quick contest to set up something else in the angle.

- Carmella/Bliss promo:
Good fire from both ladies. I'm glad they're not just sitting back and letting Nikki be in charge.

That was solid.

- Naomi/Shane/Bryan/Natalya:
I can't say I'm shocked Natalya's just the coach for the Survivor Series team.

- A. Alpha vs. S. Squad:
That was good for the time it had. The right team definitely went over. American Alpha should be quite the duo at Survivor Series.

- MizTV:
Bryan's such a bully. He should respect the A-Lister.

They picked Corbin over Miz!? Harper could have been a good choice, too. Odd picks by the Smackdown decision-makers.

Why didn't they choose Miz? He's the man.

The Bryan/Miz dynamic is getting a little tired.

OOHHH YYEEESSSS Miz going all-in on Bryan.

Nice of Bryan to volunteer Ziggler to defend his title.

- Ziggler vs. Hawkins:
I give Hawkins 30 seconds tops.

Bleh.

- Ziggler promo:
Dolph tries too hard.

Interesting idea for the IC Title picture.

- Ambrose/Ellsworth backstage:
Umm, James, they already told you not to get involved.

Oh, he's totally getting involved, isn't he?

- Wyatts/Orton:
That was pretty good. I definitely don't see this going long-term, but it might be fun while it lasts.

- Headbangers vs. Usos:
Damn. The Usos aren't fans of the Attitude Era, huh?

Fine enough action so far.

Fine match to get heat on the Usos.

- AJ interview:
I'm ready for the next stage of this. It's spinning in circles right now.

- Ellsworth kicked out:
Heel turn incoming? That could kill his overness, but it would make sense.

- AJ vs. Dean:
Nice back-and-forth and attempts at covers.

Good to see submissions on display.

Ambrose is a wild man. I like it.

Jumping the barricade is NOT something to encourage.

AJ winning after Ellsworth got involved would have popped me.

I'm really liking the story of AJ trying to win with the Calf Crusher.

This building could REALLY use some better security.

Damn. AJ continues to have no sympy for the chinless wonder.

Pretty fun ending.

- Post-match:
That was mostly good. They've got to be careful with the characters of Ellsworth and Ambrose so Dean can keep his edge.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment