Total Pageviews

Friday, November 11, 2016

ROH and Impact Wrestling Reax - 11/10/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Impact Wrestling.
- ROH:
- Yano vs. Elgin:
Good start to this. Yano's a fun change of pace.

Good stuff with the handshake spot. I'm liking the story of Elgin's power bewildering Yano.

Yano's pretty entertaining.

Interesting stuff with the tag rope.

They're telling a great story with the exposed turnbuckle.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA the spot with Elgin's "hair."

Elgin's a really talented guy. WWE/NXT needs to keep an eye on him.

The buckle bomb is really starting to scare me.

Really good story here.

That was solid all around.

- Video packages:
Good ideas selling the TV Title and its importance.

- Fish vs. D. Lee:
Nice enough start to things. Nothing we haven't seen a billion times.

Both men have good abilities.

Impressive work from Lee.

This is pretty good. I liked the STF spot.

That was nice!

- Cole/Bucks vs. New Kingdom:
At least these new guys have some aggression.

We got a big fight already.

I hope you like big spotsssssssss.

I don't even know what to make of these tryhard shenanigans at this point. It's like 1996 DX but with three people wanting to be HBK.

This is alright, I guess? Same old ROH kind of stuff.

The Kingdom are definitely trying to make a big mark here.

I guess the whole point of trios matches is to do even more combination spots.

OK, everyone failing at a belly-to-back suplex was pretty funny.

Flips and superkicks as always.

Everything's going on everywhere!

The spots by Cole and the Bucks are always impressive. They're incredibly talented at that aspect of things.

Something of a surprise win from the newbies. We'll see how far they can get.

- Impact Wrestling:
- Opening video:
"So, TNA will continue, but Eddie Edwards is the champion." Talk about a monkey's paw wish. For the record, as far as I know Eddie is a class act as a person and he does work really hard.

- Eddie/Drake/EC3/Bennetts/Moose:
Eddie Edwards makes me miss Bo Dallas' over-the-top goodie-goodie promos.

I like Eli Drake. I don't really think he's TNA Champion good, but he's done pretty well for himself.

Pretty interesting title picture we got here. Lots of E names, too.

Damn. EC3 cutting Drake down.

I'm curious to see what the future holds for Mike and Maria with Corgan gone.

Bennett's a dweeb.

The idea of Bennett vs. Edwards is scary. As is the one of Bennett "saving the company." Bennett's an OK wrestler, but not championship material.

Moose is the man. Everyone fighting everyone is generally pretty fun.

- Moose vs. Bennett:
I like Moose. I hope he goes far.

Ha. Bye-bye, Maria.

Good psychology here.

This is pretty intense. They play off each other well.

I think I've sold Bennett short. I guess getting such a big push made me reject him. He's a solid competitor.

That ended up alright.

- Snow/Tribunal:
I was starting to wonder what these names were all up to.

- #Broken Hardys:
Senor Benjamin is more over than half the roster. And more entertaining at times.

This really needs to be made into a supercut at some point.

Matt the engineer should meet Seth Rollins the architect.

More craziness.

- Tribunal/Snow/Shera:
Yeah no way the world will take notice of anything happening in TNA. The UK might not be noticing them for much longer.

Head has probably won more matches than Baraka and Dax.

Not a bad segment. I just haven't been given much reason to care about Tribunal.

- Godderz promo:
I hope Jessie has a good future, too.

- Abyss vs. EC3:
Fun enough so far.

I like Abyss, but he doesn't look like a dominant monster.

NICE fire from EC3 for the win.

 - More #Broken Hardys:
This is absolutely hilarious.

Crazy and ridiculous, but fun as it usually is.

- JB/Gail/Jade/Rosemary:
I'd mark out for a "JB is in love with Gail" angle to set up JB vs. Chef Irvine, just for the sheer insanity of it.

Both JB and Gail have done a LOT for TNA.

Gail calling herself old...

Jade is pretty good, for sure.

Damn. Rosemary has no chill.

Decay as a whole have no chill!

WHOA. Big statement from Decay.

- Z vs. Spud vs. Lee:
Yep, yep, lots of high-flying frenetic action.

I really enjoy Trevor Lee. If TNA loses him, I hope WWE picks him up. Could he drop to 205 for the cruiserweight division?

Pretty fun stuff. I like Spud as a heel (although he's great as a face, too).

Fine match. I'm glad it wasn't just three high-flyers.

- O'Shea/Robbie/Grado:
I'm curious to see what Aiden's future is with Corgan out. He could very well disappear again.

Funny to set the stage for the match.

- Brandi/Allie:
The nods to Allie's relationship with Sutter are funny because they're not beating us over the head with "hey they're really together you guys!"

Good segment overall. I'm glad there's a good angle here.

- Lashley vs. Robbie/Grado:
Of course TNA has a tournament with a triple threat match and a handicap match.

Lashley killing fools as always.

Lashley's power is something else. He's a joy to watch.

This is a good story.

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

Hahahhaha spears everywhere.

- Rex arrives:
I don't know why people say TNA doesn't pay well. Aron Rex has a limo!

- Rex/Godderz:
I like Aron more as the condescending douche.

Jessie could use anger management. This is some Y2J/Sin Cara shit.

HE'S GETTIN WHIPPED LIKE A DAMN GOVERNMENT MULE.

That was good. Rex is really getting back into my good graces.

- Broken Matt goes for a ride:
Sometimes I think the Hardys pitch things just to see if TNA will approve them.

Matt no-selling Nero's attempts to knock him down.

Craziness continues.

- Edwards vs. Drake:
Good back-and-forth to start.

Enjoyable action here.

The bar has been raised to the point where people basically try to injure each other with crazy physical moves.

Both men going pretty hard here.

It's like they're trying to throw in as many moves/spots as possible.

That wasn't bad at all.

- DCC attacks:
WHAT!? IT CAN'T BE!!!!

Kingston was the main surprise there, since he had just done a WWE tryout. They did do a good job of keeping Bram and Storm off TV for a while to set this up, though. I'm interested to see what this group's all about, etc.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment