Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 11/9/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.
- NXT:
- #DIY vs. Authors:
I love the smaller, tenacious guys throwing everything they have against the walls of humanity.

The Authors don't need to do cartwheels or planchas. They just need to be physically imposing.

Nice sequence with throwing Gargano into Ciampa.

I love a ruthless, vile heel manager.

That double fallaway slam was INSANE. I'm glad the Authors are being sold like absolute powerhouses.

That was a brilliant ending sequence to one heck of a match.

- The Return:
I assume this is for Elias Samson. I look forward to him pissing off NXT fans more.


- Tye promo:
That was pretty good. I look forward to the match.


- TM-61 vs. Wolfe/Fulton:
THEY'RE A BUNCH OF DAMN LUNATICS MAGGLE.


This is something else. I'm glad to see something different from a team.

That went well enough. I was hoping for a crazy DQ ending, but this works, too.

I feel like TM-61 have been a bit out of the spotlight.

- Regal announcement:
Now THAT should be worth watching.


- Roode promo:
Bobby's a really great speaker. I'm glad he's got passion for wrestling again.


- Moon vs. Evers:
I like a lot of what Ember brings to the table.

Evers has potential. She definitely seems cast well as a heel.

Ember's got a lot going for her. That was pretty impressive.

- Contract signing:
I wonder how many of these security guys catch hands, knees, or feet here.

I mean, what happens if Joe doesn't sign the contract here? The match has already been booked.

I'll pop if Regal pulls out the brass knuckles on Joe right now.

Does NXT not have the money for effective security? Nakamura ran right through them.

- Main Event:
- J. Jordan vs. Viktor:
Jordan's an incredible wrestler. Viktor's not bad at all himself.

If we do end up seeing Kurt Angle in WWE, he absolutely should put JJ and Gable over. I don't mean he should job to them; I mean he should talk up their skills and how good they are.

Viktor's got skills.

Dude, Jordan's going to essentially beat both these guys.

That was a pretty good ending. I'm glad Angle's hackers haven't buried this team on Twitter.

- H. Bros vs. Usos:
Good start. I'm really liking the character change for the Usos.

Very good "heel vs. face" story here. Simple, but effective.

Nice teamwork from Jimmy and Jey.

Mojo doesn't know the most flashy MOVES, but he makes what he does do count. The wrestling world could use a few more people in his mold.

This is pretty impressive work for a match I'm guessing not a lot of people will see.

Really good ending. The heel turn has been very refreshing for the Samoans.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment