Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Raw Reax - 10/31/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Goldberg/Heyman/Rusev:
Wow, they're not wasting any time building to Survivor Series, huh?

Heyman can make any crowd boo him. That's an art.

WHOA. There's our Undertaker tease. I'm sure that will get people talking about his future.

Yeah, we're not seeing Brock and Goldberg together until six days before Survivor Series.

Rusev's the man.

DAMN. Rusev burying Goldberg's repertoire. Although Goldberg got pretty far on two signature moves.

I would watch Rusev vs. Goldberg for sure.

Ooooohhhh.... Goldberg making quick work of Rusev wasn't a good move. Rusev's in his prime, a full-time guy, etc. Bill's pushing 50. They could have easily have had Bo or Jinder or someone wrecked instead to send the same message.

- Enzo/Cass promo:
This is pretty silly, but I like it from that standpoint.

Juvenile references to end things, but no shock there.

- Enzo vs. Gallows:
Oh, man, this is ridiculous. But fun.

I love a silly gimmick fight here and there.

Fine match overall to keep the feud going (?).

- Heyman taken out:
They did do a pretty good job selling how devastating a spear from Goldberg is, even in 2016.

- Kendrick promo:
I love the deviousness here. Kendrick has a good character going for him.

- TJP vs. Kendrick:
I'm glad Perkins came at him with fire right out of the gate. He got punked hard at HIAC.

Perkins is really impressive as always.

GOOD GOD WHAT A RANA.

Hahahaha clever ending with Kendrick.

- TJP attacks:
BAH GAWD BREAK THE DAMN HOLD. That was kickass. Perkins redeemed himself there.

- Strowman/Foley:
Braun's math adds up.

A costume battle royal!? YYYEESSSSS.

- Foley/JeriKO:
I love the bragging from JeriKO.

I also like JeriKO wanting to be the centerpiece of Team Raw.

JeriKO burying Foley AND Hartford. Damn.

Foley's got a point there.

Y2J's been hilarious lately.

Interesting for him to pick Roman.

I don't really see how JeriKO are Spongebob and Patrick...

Silly interactions with Jericho's new catchphrases.

Damn. Y2J just heeling everyone tonight.

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, Roman.

- Battle Royal:
Mastadon Strowman going strong.

I like the combination of Sheamus and Cesaro here.

Not surprised Sheamus and Cesaro turned on each other haha.

Zayn vs. Strowman is pretty fun.

That was pretty cool. Where does Zayn go from here? He's kind of meandering now.

- New Day:
I love the homage to the new WWE Hall of Famer.

I'm curious who the next Francesca will be.

DAMN. Burying Smackdown was unexpected, and sad.

- Swann/Dorado/Cedric vs. Nese/Gulak/A. Daivari:
They're really going to get all they can from this match, aren't they?

Fine enough stuff so far.

I'm liking the stuff outside the ring.

More flipppsssssss.

That wasn't bad. I'm ready to see Tozawa, Dar, and Gallagher.

- Charlotte/Bayley/Nia:
Charlotte's great as a heel. She's really going all in on Sasha.

Becky should be the captain of Team Smackdown, but I'm not shocked it's Nikki.

Well, I don't want Nikki on the shelf, but I have seen plenty of her in WWE.

Bayley's a really natural babyface.

And Charlotte throws it right in her face. Charlotte vs. Bayley should be a great feud.

Damn. Charlotte going really hard on Bayley, too.

Did Dana just get thrown under a bus?

- Bayley vs. Nia:
I generally enjoy a good bigger wrestler vs. smaller wrestler match.

Pretty solid work from both of them so far.

I'm liking the submission work from both sides.

These two always work together well.

That was pretty good overall. I wouldn't assume this hurts Bayley. Nia's a pretty dominant beast.

- Sheamus/Cesaro vs. S. Stars:
I pretty much always pop for someone trying to win right out of the gate.

Fine action to start.

The Colons aren't bad at all.

That was a solid ending sequence!

- G. Truth:
That was fun for its silliness.

- JeriKO backstage:
These two are so fun together. I'm glad they're continuing as a duo through Survivor Series.

- Y2J vs. Reigns:
Nice physical start to things.

I like Jericho's aggression and dirty tactics.

Pretty solid battle going on here.

This is going well. Jericho's dominating because Reigns was in the fight of his life at HIAC.

If Roman replaced clotheslines with European uppercuts, he'd be SO much more over with the smarks.

This is really going well. Jericho's a pro.

I'm liking the counters going on here.

I'm really impressed with what they're putting together here.

Solid stuff overall.

- Post-match:
GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY WHAT A CODEBREAKER!! That was great.

I'm glad Seth's still got some fight in him.

Seth pretty much just goes all out. That has its pros and cons.

Nice ending.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment