Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Raw Reax - 11/21/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Goldberg:
Still surprised by that big win.

Goldberg definitely gave it his all with training to be in great shape. He could have just showed up in a T-shirt and phoned it in.

WHOA. Didn't see that one coming, although I guess I shouldn't be too shocked since he got the win.

So they're trying to use Bill to fill big arenas at the Rumble and WM33. Whatever you thought about Takeover vs. Survivor Series, Goldberg was a bigger draw than the cult following of NXT. They've got to put a LOT of butts in seats in the months to come. They're not going to do that with Nakamura, Joe, Owens, etc.

- Cesaro/Sheamus backstage:
Uggggghhhhh just make up and be friends already. This has gone on long enough.

- New Day promo:
Pretty funny for New Day to take credit for the win. It does more or less no-sell them losing so early, but it was funny.

Shesaro works for me... "Sheamus and Cesaro" just doesn't have a great ring to it. Now get to making merch for them!

- Kofi/E vs. Shesaro:
Good work from these two to start.

I love Big E. I definitely think he works better when he has someone to play off (say, in a team), but he's got skills.

I feel like I've seen Kofi vs. Cesaro 1,000 times now.

This is impressive!!

The Giant Swing is so goofy. It would fit well with the Vaudevillains.

Oh man... Not crazy about the tapout spot.

I guess they need to keep building credible challengers to try to make it look like passing the record isn't inevitable.

- Y2J promo:
Chris Jericho is perfect at blaming everyone but himself for when something goes wrong. Sadly that quality isn't limited to wrestling characters.

- Enzo/Cass/Stars/Titus/Lana/Rusev:
Umm WHAT!? Who greenlit this?

Ugggghhh the Shining Stars.

Well that was odd!

Was that really the best way to set up Rusev vs. Enzo? Why not have Enzo and Cass cut a promo  on Lana or something?

- Foley/Steph/Sami:
I feel sorry for Sami. He's really spinning his tires. I'd like to see more of his personality.

- Ariya:
Cheap Heat 101.

- Cedric vs. Ariya:
It's the "cram a bunch of spots into three minutes" match. Yay.

Cedric's a talented athlete. Hopefully on 205 Live the cruiserweights will get to be more than that.

- Highlight Reel:
Oooooh. Tension between the Best Friends?

I love the List being such a big deal for Jericho.

This is pretty entertaining. Jericho's more or less passing the torch to Owens in a way that doesn't involve doing the job (yet).

WHOA. Big moment for Jericho.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh that was great.

This would be a big night to do a surprise title change. They could do Owens vs. Reigns for the U.S. Title, too.

Rollins is brave, but not always smart.

That was mostly good.

I mean, Rollins has gotten a number of title opportunities.

- Enzo/Cass:
OK, the line about Rusev being SAWFT was actually pretty funny. Juvenile, but funny.

- Rusev vs. Enzo:
I'd believe Enzo winning after the crazy upsets we've seen in the past few weeks.

NICE ending to stick it to both men.

- G. Truth vs. Club:
I'd definitely rather see Golden Truth get a title shot. I've seen plenty of Gallows and Anderson getting pushed.

Pretty good work so far.

I'm behind Golden Truth getting a push after all they've given to wrestling.

Goldust has very much still got it.

Not bad at all. The Club is fine.

- Zayn vs. Braun:
Sami's like the go-to "get your ass kicked" guy.

Glad to see an old-school mastadon push for Braun. Is he more talented than Sami? I wouldn't say so. But sometimes you need some people in his role to balance the roster out.

BAH GAWD RING THE DAMN BELL.

Sami was sacrificed to The Black Sheep there.

- Emmalina:
Emma's going to be 47 by the time we see her in the ring again.

- Charlotte/Dana/Sasha/Nia/Bayley:
Ahhh I'm liking Heel Charlotte.

The champ going to a whole different level here.

Sasha getting right down to business!

I know, right? Sasha's lost plenty of times now.

Huh. I wonder how things will go in the champ's hometown.

Sasha vs. Nia should be pretty good.

This is pretty good. Where the heck is Alicia in all this?

- Sasha/Bayley vs. Nia/Charlotte:
NOW HOLD UP JUST A MINUTE NOW PLAYAS!!!!!!!

This is good so far. I'm glad Nia's FINALLY moving up the card.

I'm liking how all these names interact. Nia brings something different to things.

This is good.

Nice ending to set up next week's title match.

- Seth:
So, what happens if Jericho interferes since Kevin can't be DQ'd?

Strong promo.

- Swann vs. Dar vs. TJP:
I like Dar trying to win ASAP. Get in, get out, and get that money!

Fast action here.

Nice work so far.

Perkins has a lot going for him.

Hey, Dar's pretty impressive and multifaceted, too!

NICE counter into the kneebar.

That was all pretty cool. Swann vs. Kendrick should be interesting.

- Owens:
I don't know how people keep a straight face talking to KO.

Ahhhh he's so self-centered. I love it.

That was pretty funny, and also solid to sell things.

- More Enzo/Cass:
You'd think they'd be a little less chipper after what happened with Rusev?

- Owens vs. Seth:
I love Owens. He's an artist in a world of painters.

Owens not wanting to use weapons is great. Why go through a table if you don't have to?

This is really, really entertaining.

And a solid match, too!

Rollins just goes all out all the time. I can see why people criticize him.

This is crazy.

Both men are really good.

I'm liking this a good deal.

Nice use of chairs. They're killing each other here.

Both men going to war!

These guys are just at a whole 'nother level of stamina and endurance.

This is PPV-level quality. They're setting the ring on fire.

Hahaahahaha clever circumventing of the rules.

That was smart. I liked it.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment