Total Pageviews

Friday, November 18, 2016

ROH and Impact Wrestling Reax - 11/17/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Impact Wrestling.
- ROH:
- Page/Fish hype:
I'm liking Hangman. Fish is pretty solid, too.


- Addiction/Kamaitachi vs. Team CMLL:
I love some chain wrestling. Nice start.


This is pretty good! I'm liking how they're working together.

Really solid work all around.

I'm growing on liking the trios style.

This is pretty fun.

OK that spot with Kamaitachi in the chair was HILARIOUS as well as being really impressive.

This is quite the match.

Everyone here is really contributing to something special.

Everyone doing impressive moves everywhere! Nice to see some fresh faces here.

That was pretty good overall!

- Daniels/Kamaitachi:
That was pretty interesting. I guess we're in for a new feud.


- Cabinet promo:
Is this some kind of weird worked shoot promo?


This is really silly.

I guess this is a "they might quit the company" angle. I know Kenny's contract is coming up soon, but I don't know about the others. Plenty of people could be out the door soon, though.

- Colt/Castle:
No Boys!?

Interesting to change up the Dalton formula. We'll see how it works out. He's talented, but his gimmick definitely makes him stand out more.

- P.B. Killers vs. Colt/Castle:
These two could kill Dalton.

Fun stuff so far. They just have to be careful not to throw the heels under a bus.

Castle outpunched Lee!?

The action here's good.

Mostly fun stuff.

This is good; it just seems like kind of an odd fit of opponents.

All-in-all, pretty solid. I'm glad the Killers won.

- Page vs. Fish:
YES!!! I love Page showing his vicious side.


That's how you start a match someone will care about. It's obvious from the get-go what the story will be and whom to boo.

Page has "grabbed the brass ring," as much as I've started to hate that phrase.

This is pretty solid. I'm loving the psychology.

I don't like Page keeping the SSP. Flips don't fit his new gimmick.

I like Fish a good deal as a wrestler, too, in the right circumstances.

That was quite solid. Page looked good in defeat.

- Cole/Page/reDRagon:
I'll be very glad when Cole vs. Kyle wraps up.

Good end to the show. I'm ready for new things from ROH in 2017. It feels like everything's going in circles.

- Impact Wrestling: 
- Eddie/DCC/Nero:
Hopefully DCC adds something interesting to Eddie's title reign. He needs all the flavor he can get.

So much for getting DCC over big as heels. They're hardly "dead" but that definitely didn't put them over as dominant.

- Rex vs. Godderz:
I'm really liking the story here. Fired-up babyface against conniving heel.

MAN. Rex is really showing some aggression here. I like it. I've missed smart Sandow/Rex.

I like Godderz not putting up with Aron's bullshit. He's out for blood.

That was good!

- Allie/Sienna/Laurel/Maria:
I felt like they crammed in a lot of stuff into a short timeframe there.

- Gail vacates:
Well, so much for having a long and fruitful reign. Gail's injury is legitimate, by the way.

- Nero/Edwards/O'Shea:
I'm wondering what the future holds for Aiden. And it's strange to see them having to dance around Corgan not being there.

- Maria/Brandi/Allie/Madison:
No Allie = me not caring about this segment.

Madison = me REALLY not caring about this segment.

- Brandi/Madison vs. Sienna/Van Ness:
This isn't bad.

Good move to make this mostly Madison and Sienna. The Knockouts division has some pretty green performers.

Ha. Remember when Sienna was a dominant threat?

Sorry Sienna. Maybe if you had been a non-wrestler in WWE instead of busting your ass on the indies you'd be booked better?

- Matt/Reby:
Matt giving green beans to kids was hilarious. This is definitely one of the best things about wrestling right now.

Matt's having the time of his life. I hope he's not just in a big manic spell ahead of a depressive crash.

Well that was weird.

- Lashley vs. Lee vs. EC3 vs. Bennett:
I really wonder what Lashley does next after losing his title.

That multiple rollup spot was really funny for some reason.

Lashley STRONK is another one of my favorite things in wrestling.

This is pretty wild.

Smart to keep EC3 at bay.

Trevor's got potential.

EC3's a top guy for a reason. Very surprised he's not champion.

That Lee/Lashley spot was one of the craziest things I've ever seen.

Bennett's talented. He just doesn't stand out enough to be a centerpiece of a promotion.

That was pretty good! I'm excited for EC3 going for the title. Him turning heel would be interesting. I don't know if it's the right move, but it's interesting.

- More Matt/Reby:
This is crazy AF I love it Maggle.

I'm curious where this is leading.

- Drake/EC3:
"EC3 goes for the title" isn't the freshest idea, but I'm still down with it.

I like Drake toying with EC3, but EC3 still being a badass.

Yeah, I want Drake in the title picture at some point, so that doesn't work for me.

Well, thankfully, the year's almost over, so that wouldn't be in effect long.

- Jade/Decay:
That worked for what it needed to be. I'm liking Decay as a whole.

- Shera vs. Baraka:
Baraka means business!

They're doing about the best they can here.

Fine to keep things going.

- Shera/Tribunal/Snow:
Ha. Snow just sonned both of them.

That was pretty good overall. Glad to see more of Al.

- Jade/Rosemary:
This is fun because Rosemary's really into it and Jade's just like "what the fuck?"

I look forward to that cage match!

- Nero/Edwards vs. DCC:
WE FIGHT ON THURSDAY NIGHTS MAGGLE!!! I'm liking this so far.

This is wild. Everyone just doing all kinds of everything.

I'm loving the crazy hardcore feel here.

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY WHAT A SUPLEX.

Man. This is pure chaos in the best way.

WILD action. I liked it for what it was.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment