Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 11/29/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

- Smackdown:
- Contract signing:
I like the show starting off with a focus on the women's title feud. It shows how important the division is.

Alexa right out of the gate as a heel. Even if you'd never seen her before, you know her character this early in the segment.

Bliss going pretty hard on Becky here.

Good comeback from Becky.

This is some solid verbal sparring.

Alexa was really good there.

Now this is a fight. I like it.

Nice conclusion.

- Corbin/Miz vs. Ziggler/Kalisto:
This is fine so far. I like Corbin's simple but effective offense. He doesn't need to be fancy to win. He just needs to hit hard.

Ziggler on the other hand tries REALLY hard when he doesn't necessarily need to.

I'm still not really sure why Kalisto isn't in the cruiserweight division. I expect he'll be on 205 Live sooner rather than later.

HAHAHAHAHAHA based Corbin gives no fucks.

- A. Alpha/Wyatts:
That was really solid from Chad and Jason. They're talented guys.

I like the comparison of 2002-ish Orton to American Alpha as far as being young and naive and such.

I'd be fine with Luke vs. Kane in a gimmick match at TLC. Casket match maybe?

- Carmella/Nikki:
Carmella going HARD on Nikki Cena. I'm glad they're letting her go there.

I love how they simultaneously plugged the E! show while Carmella attacked the marriage storyline.

That was fine.

- Ambrose Asylum:
I can just imagine Stone Cold having his own talk show during the Attitude Era. Really hurts Dean's edginess. I suppose I should just let go of wanting him to be the barbed wire/hardcore guy.

They're going to have to be careful to keep Ellsworth special. They're using him a pretty good amount.

Ellsworth hasn't paid his dues yet, brother. Not everyone should be able to get a shot at the champ.

I do wonder if this kills AJ's credibility. If he's going to face Taker at the Rumble, losing to a guy like Ellsworth doesn't really look good on him.

AJ getting revenge on both men at TLC would be fitting.

AJ doing pretty well for himself as it is.

ENOUGH IS A DAMN NOUGH AJ. BAH GAWD.

Not going to lie; I'd pop for Ellsworth turning heel on Ambrose at TLC.

- Kane vs. Harper:
It's fine to have a big man match here and there.

Kane doesn't have to be really mobile to beat Luke. He just has to hit hard when he has a chance.

This isn't bad.

Harper's working pretty hard to make this more than big lug vs. big lug.

Not bad at all. I guess we're in for Randy vs. Kane soon? Ehhhh.

- Becky promo:
Profanity is cheap. Good otherwise.

- Bray/Orton vs. A. Alpha:
Orton's a pretty game competitor, all things considered.

Gable and Jordan could benefit from being the Haas and Benjamin to someone like Orton if it showcases them.

I like how the main eventers are selling for these guys. They're talented.

NICE crossbody counter. Very smart move from Bray.

This is solid. The former NXT Tag Team Champions can really hang with these two.

I'm loving the heel teamwork.

American Alpha putting themselves on the map here!

Gable and Jordan not going down without a fight, even against the full force of the Family.

Really good match.

- Slater/Rhyno/AJ/Ambrose:
Ugh. I hate the "no one cares about you/your match" jab. Why would you ever imply people should change the channel?

AJ and Rhyno, two former NWA World Champions in TNA.

TLC should be pretty wild.
 
- 205 Live:
Boy, I can't wait for the Internet to overrate this!

- Announcers:
OH MAN THIS IS GOING TO BE LIT. I'm normally not a fan of three-man booths, but this could be good.

- Bollywood Boyz promo:
It's really cool these guys are getting to take advantage of this opportunity.

So, 205 Live wrestlers can challenge for other titles? Interesting. Can they be in the Rumble?

- B. Boyz vs. Gulak/Nese:
Somehow I don't think this is for the GFW Tag Team Titles.

This is good enough so far.

I like Gulak a lot.

OK, Gulak using an Indian Death Lock on an Indian wrestler is pretty funny.

I'm liking the story being told here.

The Bollywood duo make for solid enough plucky babyfaces.

Ehhhh. Good enough.

- Nese/Gulak interview:
That was pretty funny. I'm glad these two get more character than "impressive wrestler from place."

- Dar video:
Good idea to introduce people to the audience this way.

Noam's pretty talented.

- Kendrick/TJP:
I'm loving Kendrick's heel run. He's grown a lot since his previous run.

Simple, but effective at building a future match.

- Gallagher vs. A. Daivari:
I have missed Jack Gallagher SSSSOOOOO much. He was such a great part of the CWC.

Loving Gallagher's technical work.

This is really something else.

I'm glad the cruiserweight division can also mean this kind of action.

This is enjoyable.

Nice ending. I hope Ariya does alright going forward.

- Lince promo:
I kind of wish it was kayfabe that his actual birth name was Lince Dorado, but I guess we have to be more realistic in 2016.

Hopefully Lince has an interesting first opponent. Tozawa?

- Swann promo:
Big respect for Swann for all he's made it through to get here.

BIG feels for Rich here.

- Kendrick vs. Swann:
Brian is NOT playing around here.

Nice moves from both men.

Both men definitely turning it up. This match matters to them.

Swann's flying is something else.

I love the Captain's Hook.

This is REALLY good.

I love the deviousness of the champion.

This is something else.

That Sliced Bread spot should have been it. Damn.

One heck of a match.

- Swann promo:
Way too many feels. Good on you, Rich.

- Kendrick promo:
That was great. I look forward to the next chapter here.

More wrestling coming up.

1 comment:

  1. TLC predictions:
    - Kalisto vs. Corbin would seem to lead to the winner challenging the IC Champion. Hopefully Kalisto gets a win after losing last month's title match.
    - Miz presumably retains so we don't have yet another rematch. Time to move on.
    - I'm going with Carmella winning to set her up as No. 1 contender
    - Becky retains to give us Becky vs. Carmella. I can't say I'd rule out Alexa winning. It would just seem a little anticlimactic if they're trying to build Becky.
    - I guess they might as well have Bray and Orton win unless they're going to go right back to Bray vs. Orton. I like the idea of Orton "using" the Wyatts to help him out in the Rumble before turning on them with an RKO OUTTA NOWHERE.
    - AJ to set up AJ vs. Taker at the Rumble.

    ReplyDelete