Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2016

Survivor Series Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE special event.
- Kickoff:
- Sami/Foley:
Man, Sami's character is really milquetoast. I don't think he needs an Attitude Era makeover or anything, but he's a pretty understated personality.


- Miz on the panel:
I'm curious what the endgame for Miz/Bryan is. I really hope it's Bryan using someone like Joe or Nakamura to shut him up.

- Kendrick video:
Brian Kendrick has been nothing short of awesome. 

- Charlotte/Dana/Becky/Nikki:
That was good enough. I'm pretty over Charlotte vs. Nikki.

- JeriKO Q&A:
I'm fucking DYING.


Tom Phillips just gets buried by everyone.

- TJP/Dar/Swann vs. Nese/Gulak/Daivari:
I like the combination of Swann and Nese.

Perkins is a talented guy. He's got a lot of different tools, from speed to technique to youth and experience.

This is good.

I'm liking the work from the heels.

Good involvement of impressive spots and solid wrestling.

Swann's agility is INSANE.

I hope that's pretty much our only dives match of the night.

- Kalisto/Kendrick:
I think they wanted Kalisto as an IC-level guy, but he got hurt.


I love evil, manipulative Kendrick.

- Kane vs. Harper:
Hoss battle!

This is a nice combination of a veteran monster and the rising brawler.

Harper's really got a future if he stays happy and healthy.

So much for a big win for Harper.

I was hoping Rowan would return to attack Kane, but I see why they didn't do an angle.

- Survivor Series:
- Nikki attacked:
Is it bad that I assume they didn't put Nikki in the match to protect her from jobbing?


It's good to have such a caring coach on hand to help out!

- Raw women vs. Smackdown women:
- Fall One:
Alicia's a solid talent.

Well here's our first "will they get along" spot of the night. Or second if you count Nikki being found injured.

Ahhh everyone fighting everyone.

I liked seeing the two champs face off.

I'd like to see more of Nia. She's in something of a crowded division on Raw.

Nia's dominant.

Hey this has already gone longer than past five-on-five women's matches!!

OK ending for Fall One.

- Fall Two:
Nice strategy from Bliss.

- Fall Three:
That was a pretty good spot to get over how dominant Nia is.


- Fall Four:
Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. Sasha has a lot of fight in her, but sometimes you need to look before you leap!


- Fall Five:
Go Natalya! She's pretty impressive here.

Odd to see so many pins not coming from finishers.

- Fall Six:
Good stuff with Becky and Alexa going against Jax but not getting along.

I did NOT see Nia tapping out. Good spot to put Becky over. I'd like to see that lead to Becky vs. Nia.

- Fall Seven:
Poor Becky!!


- Fall Eight:
Alexa did pretty well for herself.


- Fall Nine:
Becky's got a BIG fight ahead of her.


But she's up for it! Becky bringing the fire.

This is pretty impressive.

NICE ending. I hope we get Becky vs. Bayley someday.

- Charlotte attacks Bayley:
Wow. Charlotte's always got to be the focal point, huh?

Good GAWD almighty. That was pretty intense.

- Ellsworth/Club/Foley/Braun:
OK, at least The Club were funny there. Although I would think they'd be more upset that he embarrassed AJ so badly.


Ellsworth's gimmick of ascended fan/ascended extra is great. Natural babyface.

Yeah, Mick is known for getting a lot of punishment.

That was a pretty funny ending to that segment.

- Miz vs. Zayn:
Nice start.


I love Sami trying to get the quick win, and Miz cutting off his momentum.

Good use of Maryse.

I really hope Miz/Bryan pays off in a big way.

Nice focus on Zayn's knee.

This is quite good.

Miz is having a standout run in 2016.

Good counter to all the Bryan taunting. Miz needs to focus on keeping the belt!

This is pretty solid. The story of Zayn's leg being worked on is well told.

Really nice use of the figure four.

Genius by Maryse.

Funny end. I'm a bit surprised the IC Title didn't switch to Raw.

- Ambrose/AJ/Shane:
Good to sell TLC coming up.


- Raw teams vs. Smackdown teams:
- Fall One:
And that's why you don't take your eye off the ball!

- Fall Two:
WHOA. The champs out that early!? Big surprise.


- Fall Three:
Fine enough work here. It's good to see new combinations of faces working against each other.


- Fall Four:
Save your team, Gable!!


Nice work from American Alpha.

- Fall Five:
I'm loving the massive fight going on.


We've got a war here.

Everyone just fighting everyone!!

GOOD GAWD WHAT A BACKDROP!!!!!

This is going pretty well.

- Fall Six:
That was fun enough. I'm glad The Club didn't win.

- Fall Seven:
I'm surprised this one is so rapid-fire considering how many people are involved.


- Fall Eight:
The hits keep on coming!


- Fall Nine:
Let me guess, Sheamus and Cesaro win, then turn on each other?

This is exciting.

Man. Both teams putting it all on the line.

This is good!

Who would have thought Sheamus and Cesaro would get along so well?

I'm loving the teamwork.

NICE ending sequence. I loved the submissions.

- Post-match:
Not bad. Cesaro's growing on me. He's definitely better as a tag team guy.


- Foley announcement:
With New Day going out so early, of course the winners deserve a title shot!!

- Kendrick vs. Kalisto:
Kalisto turning things around on Kendrick was clever.

Both men are fired up! This is solid.

I'm loving the reinvention of Brian Kendrick.

OH MY GOD that was quite the spot from the apron.

This is really good.

I'm loving the Captain's Hook being sold as so devastating.

Kalisto HAD him there.

Well that was odd.

Yeah, I'm not really sure that accomplished much. It took away from the great action going on.

- Bryan/Corbin:
Bryan should at least cut Corbin's pay for costing Smackdown the cruiserweight division. He could have really cost the brand there.

- Raw men vs. Smackdown men:
- Fall One:
Cool to see the champions face off.

I'm loving this one already. Chaos is good sometimes.

HA! Way to screw over your team, idiots. Although I don't really see why "we wrestle on Tuesdays but they wrestle on Mondays" is much of a reason to feud anyway, so have as it!

DAMN. Ambrose had a bad night.

- Fall Two:
Shane vs. Strowman is fun.

I'm liking Braun being sold as the new mastadon. Kane, Henry, and Show aren't going to be around all that much longer after all.

Pretty interesting Bray/Braun stuff.

This is all pretty cool. Fantasy warfare indeed; we haven't seen these names face off every week for two months or anything.

Funny spot with Strowman and Ellsworth. Nice continuity nod, too.

- Fall Three:
Ellsworth is about to be the sacrificial lamb.


GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY. James Ellsworth has a family!!!!

Owens doing the Shane-O-Shuffle had me DEAD. He's really great.

Damn. Shane's surviving a lot.

Good to see AJ and Jericho working against each other again.

Funny use of Jericho's list.

Fine enough if it does help Raw win.

- Fall Four:
So much for team JeriKO prevailing.

- Fall Five:
Interesting to see Reigns and Rollins together again. Will those two teaming help Reigns win over the dedicated haters?

This is impressive.

I'm enjoying this a lot.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOOODDDDD WHAT A SPEAR.

Oh come on, Shane should have been out for a 20 count after that move. Jesus.

- Fall Six:
This is pretty exciting.


Styles vs. Rollins is pretty nice.

Good to see Rollins pull out his own Pele.

AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH I hate the superplex/Falcon Arrow spot.

DEAN AMBROSE IS A MAN POSSESSED!!

Hahahaha I loved The Shield beating up security.

AWESOME spot to eliminate AJ.

- Fall Seven:
We got a Shield/Wyatts feud going on!!


This is really, really good.

Everyone putting on a clinic here.

Oh man. If Reigns wins here, fans are going to be PISSED.

- Fall Eight:
Roman's on a TEAR. I've forgotten how much I like this PPV.


WOW. Didn't see Orton taking the bullet for Bray like that.

Good ending!!

- Brock vs. Goldberg:
Who would have thought we'd see this match again? I'm surprised both men are even back in WWE after how they left. Money talks, though.

Just two big bulls colliding.

GOOD GAWD Goldberg's making him look like Hugh Morrus.

DAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!!!! Brock just got SONNED. I did not see that one coming AT ALL. No idea what they were thinking if this is truly Goldberg's last match. Unless Brock gets a win back at the Rumble or WM33, this was just insane. I mean, after the big push Brock got from ending The Streak, they job him out in less than two minutes? Wild.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment