Total Pageviews

Friday, November 25, 2016

ROH and Impact Wrestling Reax - 11/24/16

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's ROH and Impact Wrestling.
- ROH:
- Silas vs. O'Reilly:
Good action to start. Kyle's good. If he stays in ROH, I can see why they'd center things around him.

This is impressive.

Kyle's really smooth, and has a clear gameplan.

Silar isn't going to outwrestle Kyle, but he might be able to beat him by being more rough. I like it.

I'm really liking this. Solid from a technical perspective.

I'm loving the suplex wars.

This is turning into a pretty serious battle. I like it.

A moonsault spot is goofy coming from someone like Young.

I like the cross armbreaker being sold as deadly.

NICE ending. Good work from both men.

- Silas interview:
I hope Silas is in for a push in 2017. He's earned it.

Young vs. Liger's a pretty interesting direction, but Silas has definitely sold it.

I like Silas' gimmick a good deal.

- Lethal promo:
That was pretty good overall. I'm glad they're not going to let Cody be a big deal just because of his relations.

- MCMG:
Blah blah blah blah blah. These guys have no personality at all.

Hangman Page is the man. At least compared to these goofs.

So, the Guns are uniting the most bland wrestlers in the company to face Bullet Club? I did like the implication MCMG will leave, though. I'd like to see them turn a new leaf after seeing them do pretty much the same thing for so long.

- Cabana/Castle backstage:
That as fun enough. I like this angle being built.

- Colt/Castle vs. Dixon/Quinn:
Well that was quick. ROH doesn't generally do comedy well.

- Post-match:
I'm not crazy about this angle.

Well that was weird.

Not sure I'm liking this. I guess the goal is to pass the torch to Castle. We'll see where things go from here.

- Kingdom vs. Team CMLL:
Good feeling out to start.

And here's the "everyone do a lot of moves" match for the night.

We've barely been introduced to any of these people beyond Taven, so it's hard to get a feel for them and why I should care.

Yeah the trios style is already getting gimmicky. It's just an excuse for more SPOTS.

There's some good work here. It's just hard to get behind any particular performer with so many new faces in one match.

MOVES everywhere. I'm already tired of the new Kingdom with all the flashy spots.

At least the ending was good.

- Impact Wrestling:

- Nero/DCC:
I love a goofy Thanksgiving show. SOMETIMES.

DCC's going to rip Nero apart if he doesn't have anyone on his side. At least, I hope so, considering there are three of them. 

Wow. Really? So much for DCC being a threat. That's some John Cena shit.

- Ice Cream Social, Part 1:
Hahahahaha. I'm glad wrestling has room for this kind of thing. There can be too much silliness, but this was good.

- Lee/Everett/Rockett vs. Z/Sutter/Mandrews vs. Spud/Decay:
I heard you like moves so here's a bunch of them.

Literally what? I guess Abyss doesn't want a shot at the X-Division Title. Not that I blame him.

Abyss turning this into a hardcore match was good.

Everyone just hitting everyone with stuff. I wouldn't be shocked to see this be the norm for what wrestling's supposed to be five years from now: just a giant exhibition.

Phew. Glad that's done.

- Allie/Maria/Laurel:
Ahhh I love Allie.

I'd like to see Sutter and Allie holding titles together after beating Bennett and Maria. That'd be a great ending to all this.

- Ice Cream Social, Part 2:
Looks like Matt's finally starting to regain him memory. 

- Allie/Maria/Laurel/Bennett/Sutter:
Allie's the best. The heel women are pretty good, too.

Hahahaha Allie pulling the vegan card.

- EC3/Drake video:
That was pretty good. Hopefully Drake can be a bigger player in the industry in 2017.

- Ice Cream Social, Part 3:
Poor Matt having to watch all this violent footage!

- EC3 vs. Drake:
Both men doing well early.

This is some pretty good action.

Eli making a statement in trying to get a title shot.

EC3 has grown by leaps and bounds since the Derrick Bateman days.

Oh man Drake's coming into his own as a personality. I'm really glad he's getting this run instead of Mr. Anderson.

This is really quite solid.

Drake's showing he's game. Maybe not World Champion level yet, but definitely a good worker.

I almost always love the "heel steals face's finisher" spot. Such a disrespectful move.

I'm loving EC3 making simple submissions meaningful.

Good work by both men. I look forward to seeing what Drake does for the rest of the year.

- Ice Cream Social, Part 3:
So, hypnosis is actually still used as therapy, but it's not like it's usually portrayed.

Oh... well... so much for that.

I love gelato!

- Snow/Shera vs. Tribunal:
Al at 53 and Shera with very little experience are dominating these two.

I mean, damn. Tribunal looking weak as hell here.

Shera's not awful, but he's teaming with one of the best trainers out there, so that helps a lot.

Oh, finally the heels have their ish together.

Well, that could have been worse for Dax and Baraka.

- O'Shea/Robbie/Grado:
I guess Aiden's the stand-in for FORMER TNA EXECUTIVE NOT TO BE NAMED.

- Robbie vs. Grado:
I miss Robbie T and Cookie.

I mean, hey, I expect even fewer people are watching this show than usual, so they might as well do this silly match.

What if they BOTH lose?

This is funny in a dumb way.

That was pretty much what it was.

- Rosemary/Jade promo:
That was fine for what it needed to be. I'm not crazy about this more or less being the Interim Championship while Gail recovers, but it is what it is.

- Bram vs. Nero:
More wild action. Sometimes that's a lot more fun than a technical wrestling match.

DCC wrecking Nero. Glad they can finally do that now that they have a chair.

This isn't bad for what it needs to be.

I mean, Nero doing this well against three guys theoretically means he could beat them if he had a partner.

This is pretty fun for a car wreck.

BAH GAWD this is a mugging.

- Ice Cream Social, Part 4:
This is ridiculous, but funny for being so.

Divine intervention!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment