Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Smackdown Reax - 11/8/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

- Styles/Corbin/Bray/Harper/Dean/Ellsworth/Shane:
Ahhhh I love Heel AJ. I'm glad he's getting a spotlight with the brand extension and is now WWE Champion.

AJ plays his role so well.

Why aren't Dean and Ellsworth there? Did I miss something?

I'm glad Corbin's not just going to do AJ's dirty work.

That light trick is pretty convenient for the Wyatts. Do they even need to fly from city to city?

I like the Dean/Ellsworth dynamic.

Well Shane you certainly waited until the last possible moment to get involved.

Ahhhh Ellsworth as "mascot" is great. I already like him more than Hornswoggle.

- Shane/Corbin:
Umm, Baron, this man signs your checks.

Unless Corbin's in two matches tonight, that seems more like a reward than anything. Hell, Baron, just get counted out in the main event.

- Vaudevillains vs. Breezango:
Jobbers' bracket.

Wow they're hitting big moves right out of the gate.

Well that was quick! I guess they realized we've been conditioned to see both teams as unimportant.

- Cutting Edge announcement:
ON THIS DAY!!! I hope James Ellsworth is in the segment.

- Natalya vs. Naomi:
Fine action so far.

Ehhhhhhhhhh. This is a mess.

OK enough to keep the story going.

- Ellsworth/Dean/Bryan/Kane:
OK, I popped with the James Dean reference. Well done.

OH MAN I didn't realize how much I wanted Ellsworth and Kane as Team Chin No until now.

- Corbin vs. Kalisto:
Haha Baron kicking his ass as quickly as he can.

Oh come on Corbin don't get hurt.

Well that was pretty weird.

- Alexa promo:
That was pretty good.

- Shane/Bryan:
Oh, I guess Baron's injury is a work (?) Kane replacing him makes sense.

- Becky vs. Alexa:
NICE for Becky to go for the DisarmHer early. This should be personal.

Impressive action to start things.

I like Alexa's mean streak.

Good work here. I'm liking the story being told.

Good tenacity from the champion. It's a shame Nikki's the head of her team.

I'm really impressed here.

Good stuff.

I liked that ending.

- Shane/Bryan/Miz/Maryse:
Wow. Interesting development with the cruiserweight championship.

I liked Miz "being so angry he wouldn't speak."

- Crews vs. Hawkins:
Curt's not bad, just not exemplary.

Apollo's athleticism is unreal.

That was OK. Smackdown's small roster means this is going to continue a while.

- Ziggler promo:
Everyone buries Sami's paperboy hat.

- Orton/Bray/Harper vs. Kane/Ambrose/Ellsworth:
Kane's still got it.

Fun work so far.

Ellsworth and Kane together has potential.

I'm liking the work with Kane against the heels.

AJ feels more like a top champion than Dean did, based on ring work.

I'm liking the big fight we've got here.

Ellsworth is an A+ character. I hope we've got our new Santino.

That ending was hilarious.

- Post-match with Bryan and Shane:
Very surprised they picked Shane instead of Kane or Harper. I guess the idea is Shane knows he can keep everyone from turning on each other.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment