Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 3, 2016

NXT and Main Event Reax - 11/2/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Main Event.

- NXT:
- Aries/Regal:
Pretty funny for Aries to claim he was fighting to get cleared. That eye injury looks BAD.

I don't expect Aries to be back until January at the earliest.

- Strong vs. Thorne:
Thorne's impressive.

That was a pretty impressive backbreaker on the top rope.

These two play off each other pretty well. There's good agility and hustle from both sides.

Thorne's quite good. I look forward to seeing more of TM61.

Pretty good ending!

- Revival promo:
Dawson is so great on the mic.

That was awesome. I love heel gloating.

- Cedric promo:
That was OK. He wasn't really convincing as being fired up for revenge.

- #DIY promo:
Pretty good. Gargano started off with some levity and Ciampa drove home the intensity.

- Authors vs. Swann/Jose:
I'm liking the strategy by the babyfaces to try to get the powerhouses off-guard.   

This is going pretty well. It's nice to see something other than a squash from the Authors.

Ellering helping out was great. I kind of want to see his daughter manage the duo as well.

Jose has some pretty impressive power. I'm liking the combination with Swann's acrobatics.

Good match.

- Mickie video:
I'm glad to see Mickie back in a WWE ring. I'd like to see more from her.

- Kota/TJP vs. Wolfe/Fulton:
I hope Sanity doesn't get the Ascension treatment as far as a main roster run.

I like the unhinged faction competing with the absolutely incredible athleticism of the cruiserweights.

This is a pretty fun contest given the differences between the competitors and their styles. Sanity's bringing something somewhat different to the table compared to other acts, which is great.

Please don't throw Sanity under a bus with a terrible gimmick like Ascension. They've got something interesting going on here.

Kota hitting that kind of powerbomb on someone that size is impressive.

Pretty impressive finisher. And a solid match overall.

- Main Event:
- Swagger vs. Gotch:
Good to see Jack have some different opponents.

Swagger doing well against the throwback team's antics.

This is going pretty well so far.

Swagger not taking any shit from either man.

Good match for what it was.

- Slater/Rhyno vs. Breezango:
Fine start to things.

I'm liking the odd pairing of Heath and the former ECW Champion.

Good power from the Man-Beast.

Pretty good teamwork going on.

Funny spot of Slater going through the ropes.

Good enough work here. Things are heating up.

I love me a good Gore.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment