Total Pageviews

Friday, January 6, 2017

Main Event and Impact Wrestling Reax - 1/5/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Impact Wrestling.
-- Main Event:
- Lince vs. Ariya:
I'd like if Smackdown got a little love on this show, too. 205 Live has a small roster, so they run through things pretty quickly.

Nice feeling out going on here.

Fine work going on.

I like cruiser matches better when at least one competitor isn't a high-flyer. So this is working fine.

Solid match overall.

- Bo/Darren vs. S. Stars:
Random combination of opponents for the Stars.

Good straightforward wrestling. I like it.

Darren could definitely make it in ROH. Maybe not the top guy, but definitely someone who's used more than he is by WWE. That said, his goal should be to make enough money to not have to take any more bumps than he wants to.

Good work for a time-filling match.

That was absolutely fine.

-- Impact Wrestling:
- Edwards/Lashley/EC3:
New year, same bland champion. 

Oh thank God Lashley interrupted him. That was easily the most boring TNA promo all year!

Lashley in no mood for this touchy-feely pandering shit.

Good to see EC3 again.

Hahahaa Edwards noticing no one cares about him.

It's not much of a surprise if you keep mentioning it, Eddie.

- Moose vs. Bennett:
-- Round 1:
Good strategy here.

I like the power vs. technique story.

Bennett just trying to survive three rounds. I thought this title idea was terrible, but it's ended up being quite good.

-- Round 2:
Moose has stepped things up. Impressive agility to match with that insane power.

DAMN. Moose looks like WWE/ROH's loss and TNA's gain right now.

This is going well.

Clever end to the round. I like the "he just snuck by" thing.

-- Round 3:
That's one hell of a Sky High. I don't know if that should be kicked out of so casually.

Damn! Good stuff.

I think I've sold Bennett short. He's not World Champion material, but he's probably Grand Champion level.

That was good, and sets up another match between them. Clever booking.

- Hardys/Swoggle/V1:
Fucking DEAD. I love all the inside jokes/kayfabe nods we see from Matt.

- Spud promo:
I'd be asking WWE about that whole UK show thing right now if I was Spud. 

- Spud vs. Swoggle:
Is Spud about to be Chavo'd?

Damn. Dominant showing from the former Cruiserweight Champion.

- Post-match:
I don't blame you, Spud!! Go get that money somewhere else, dude!

- Moose/Bennett:
Hey, that works to set up the ONO show.

- Drake backstage:
He's free! Time to get it all off his chest.

- Fact of Life:
OK, I missed Eli, too.

Eli's going after some serious challenges here.

The Hardys are definitely still really over.

Yeah, the deletion angle is starting to wear thin.

This is weird.

HAHAHAHAHAHAA Total Nonstop Dummy got me good.

Wow. This is REALLY weird.

I wonder who Drake has up his sleeve.

This is really crazy.

Why would you try to take on two guys, Eli? That WAS a dummy move.

- Edwards/Lashley:
Eddie is way too "golly gee I love wrestling" for me.

Yeah yeah yeah same old same old.

- Abyss/Steve vs. Lee/Everett:
The Helms team has potential.

I love the dynamic of Decay. Abyss can just come in and wreck people while Steve does the heavy lefting.

HAHAHAHA good spot with Helms.

Well that was fun.

- Decay/DCC:
So you announce you're coming, then try to sneak up and attack in the dark? Silly.

I hope Rosemary ends up better than Mickie James did working with Storm.

- Maria/Allie/Sienna/Laurel:
I'm ready for this one to move forward. It's spinning tires at this point.

Tease for Maria and Bennett thinking of other companies for 2017?

Ughhhh this has been going on forever.

- Allie vs. Sienna:
I like Sutter and Allie's story. Very knight in shining armor without being cheesy.

I'm surprised Sienna hasn't killed her yet, as dominant as she had been previously.

Allie's fired up now!

Well that's one way to distract Allie.

Sienna shouldn't need a distraction to beat the "non-wrestler."

- Post-match:
And time marches on.

- Edwards vs. Lashley vs. EC3:
Ahhhh Lashley domination is always fun to watch.

Good work going on here.

I like Lashley being sold as someone you want to make DAMN SURE is down.

Great storyelling.

OHHHH SHIT WHAT A GERMAN.

Lashley's just at another level.

What, he's going to need one turnbuckle for each of them?

This is exciting.

All three men are quite good here.

Lashley is the hoss wrestling needs.

EC3's a top guy for a reason. Wow.

Just big moves everywhere, eh?

I love the choke being used effectively.

Umm, why'd you throw them both out? You could have tried to pin the champ there.

This is wild!

Lashley's spears are beautifully destructive.

Quite the match!

I'm not ruling out Davey vs. Eddie. It's just not happening JUST YET.

More wrestling tomorrow.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment