Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Raw Reax - 1/30/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- JeriKO/Braun/Mick:
Oh look it's these two again. I'm ready for some new faces to start the show.

Owens isn't predicted to be champion going into WM33.

I really like Owens as champ, but I'm ready for the angle to set up its endgame (whatever that may be).

HAAHAHA of course they're not acknowledging Braun's role in all of this.

Jericho has definitely been really impressive as far as longevity.

Y2J has been a treat. What are they going to do when he does retire?

Strowman should go for gold. He's got two champs in his sight right now.

Uh-oh. Owens didn't think he'd have to make good on that one.

OOOOOOOOHHHHH Owens might have written a check he can't cash.

Poor Mick. I hope he gets the surgery he needs soon.

Hahahah nice quip about CGI.

I'm ready for Braun vs. Owens, although I suspect Roman will get involved.

- Y2J vs. Zayn:
Maybe Jericho can save Sami's lame character.

Solid action so far.

Sami's on a roll!

Be careful using a baseball slide against Chris!

Fun stuff.

WHOA. Nice moonsault from the barrier.

These two work together well.

Y2J wrestles like a guy at least ten years younger than he is. DDP Yoga's pretty great, huh?

Zayn's really solid.

Jericho's great at working with people newer to WWE.

WWWHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTTT I did not see Sami beating the champ. That might have been something Chris pushed for.

- Sheamus/Cesaro/Bayley/Charlotte/Club:
I hope we don't go right back to Sheamus vs. Cesaro. They're gelling as a team. Why undo that?

OK, the group hug was pretty funny.

Charlotte and the Club work together well. I'd be fine with that becoming a regular thing. Luke and Karl need someone more interesting to play off.

- Steph/Owens:
I love Kevin trying to get out of things. There's a difference between weak and calculating. Why defend the title if you don't have to? Keep making that money!

- Nese vs. Mustafa:
Fun work so far.

This is all solid, but I'd like to see some new faces in the division, too.

Good counter to the German suplex.

Good stuff!

I'm liking what we're seeing here.

Oh MAN that neck bump on the turnbuckles always looks BAAAD.

Good ending.

- Nese/Aries:
Oh I'm ready for Austin to get back in the ring.

- Seth/Stephanie:
Seth Rollins is a degenerate.

It's going to be a long road to Mania if HHH keeps ducking The Architect.

What does HHH do if he's never at Raw? Just hang out at the performance center?

Seth vs. HHH could be a pretty good match.

I wish Seth had a female buddy to take on Stephanie. No idea who would be the best pick for that, though.

Remember when HHH was a badass?

This is pretty good overall.

I do wonder why Seth doesn't just hit up Titan Towers during his off-time.

What, is he going to kidnap HHH and Steph's children!? That's a little extreme.

What has HHH been doing all night to where he's not at the arena?

- Sheamus/Cesaro/Bayley vs. Club/Charlotte:
The Attitude Era would have let men fight women. Thumbs up if you agree!!

Uppercut man doing his thing.

Solid so far.

I'm giving the Club a chance as champs. I think it's a hype backlash thing more than anything.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm really enjoying the team of Sheamus and Cesaro.

Nice teamwork from both sides.

Still hate the swing.

This is pretty fun.

Nice ending.

- Steph/Mick:
I am SSSSSSOOOOOOO tired of these two arguing.
  
I really want a rogue production team angle.

Foley finally standing up for himself.

I kind of wish we'd get one last HHH/Foley match, but Mick is in NO shape to do that in 2017.

- Neville/Swann:
Good for Neville. He's really come into his own lately.

Fine for Swann to not want to fight right now. He needs to focus on winning when he gets a chance at the title.

Swann's got a point. Neville's proven how good he is.

Man. Neville's just all-out rude.

This is fun.

I'm excited for the next round.

- Sasha/Bayley:
Yikes. Sasha, you should probably sit this one out.

- Even more JeriKO:
Really? They couldn't have given some promo time to Nese and Ali?

I'm worried we're going to see Y2J vs. Owens for the U.S. Title at WM33 while someone else fights for the Universal Title.

It's going to be a LONG road to these two facing off. It's being stretched out to Wrestlemania.

- Braun attacks Y2J:
This man's a human demolition derby. They're building him well as the next monster. Show, Henry, and Kane aren't going to be around much longer; they need this guy to be a hit! 

- Owens vs. Braun:
Owens getting out of dodge is smart. Worry about making it out of Texas in one piece!

Kevin in the odd position of being the smaller wrestler being bullied by the monster.

Strowman's really impressive in the role they've booked for him.

I like Owens using his speed and picking his spots.

Why beat the count? Get the hell out of there!

Heck, Owens had him reeling there for a second.

OOHHHHH MMAAAAAANNNNN the Superman Punch didn't do anything! Is Strowman Doomsday?

- Post-match:
This is pretty fun.

I hope we're not in for more Roman vs. Owens. I wouldn't mind one or the other going to Smackdown this summer.

- Brock and Heyman arrive:
OOOOOHHHHH SSSHHHIIIITTTTT. Look out, Goldberg!

- Brock/Heyman:
Heyman almost a little humble here. His man has met his match!

HAHAHAHAHA that Ronda Rousey shot. I guess she's not coming to WWE soon.

NICE way of turning it so that Brock is still the man. He has been impressive.

Paul is pissed!

Well, they're jumping right to Wrestlemania hype, huh? What's in it for Bill?

That was pretty good.

- Nia vs. Sasha:
Sasha, what were you thinking!!??

I always enjoy Nia's domination.

Yeah, be careful there, Sasha.

NICE work.

Really good ending.

- Post-match:
GOOD GAWD BREAK THE DAMN HOLD!!!!


OM MY GOD THIS IS JUST EVIL.

Nice angle overall.

- Rusev/Jinder/Lana/Enzo/Cass:
I love Enzo and Cass.

- Rusev/Jinder vs. Enzo/Cass:
Texas Tornado matches are always cool.

At least Jinder's doing better than Curt Hawkins, right?

This is pretty fun so far. Definitely wild.

This is a FIGHT, not just a contest of wrestlers.

I'm liking all the brawling.

Rusev and Jinder make a fine team.

Pretty good teamwork from the faces to win.

- HHH/Rollins/Joe:
ROH confirmed for obscurity.

HHH putting over Seth's accomplishments. I like it.

What a dick move. It's not like Hunter's never been injured.

I love the self-serving attitude.

The "best for business" thing is getting pretty old.

I like HHH as a wrestler, but I wouldn't mind him being less of an on-screen presence.

Strong promo from The Game.

WHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTTT?? The Samoan sellout!!

Nice job using HHH to effectively shift the focus to Joe and Seth, two guys who can be big players going forward.

NICE debut for Joe. I'm glad he's getting this kind of focus.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment