Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Takeover: San Antonio preview

Read on for my ideas for booking tonight's NXT special.

I'm going to go through this one fairly quickly:

- Strong vs. Almas:
I ALMOST want NXT to have a TV title or something for guys at this level, but I don't know if an hour of TV a week is enough for four titles. Plus, that's another title someone would have to drop before going to the main roster. Anyway, I suppose one member of this can face Aleister Black next and the other can face Austin Aries when he returns. I'm leaning toward Strong vs. Black and Aries vs. Almas. Almas wins here; I feel bad for always thinking Strong should do the job, but I see him as a "mechanic" who can work with people rather than someone to push.

- #DIY vs. Authors:
I don't see any reason to stop the Authors' momentum just yet. Ciampa and Gargano get THIS close, but Ellering turns the tide in favor of the heels. I think #DIY can be on the short list to be called up right after WM33 - with them on one show and The Revival on the other show.

- E. Young vs. Dillinger:
Dillinger gets the surprise win. Sanity goes for a beatdown, but Hideo Itami dishes out some kicks. Itami/Dillinger vs. Sanity for some time could be fun. 

- Asuka vs. Cross vs. Kay vs. Royce:
Asuka's running out of opponents! How about Asuka pins Billie after the Aussies' plan of working together fails, then we get Asuka vs. Cross with Ember waiting in the wings. Ember vs. Asuka in Orlando. The countdown begins to Asuka being called up after that.

- Shinsuke vs. Roode:
I think we're getting to the point where Shinsuke's in his last few months in NXT - he'd be perfect for the week after WM33 on whichever show doesn't get Samoa Joe. So, he loses here and has his last match in NXT the night before WM33. If they don't do this matchup again then, I'd think of Shinsuke vs. Ohno then.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment