Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 12, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 1/11/17

Read on for my thoughts on the most recent episodes of NXT and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Asuka attacked:
I'm glad someone's finally stepping up to take on Asuka. I'd pop for a handicap match title defense.

Mean girls at work!

- Billie/Peyton vs. Bridges/Macey:
I like the work of the Ausfriends.

The heels are trying to wear Macey down. I like it.

I see why they called her Crazy Mary!

Nice heel teamwork here.

I liked that ending. These two are just mean.

- Post-match:
I like these two getting cocky.

Asuka's going to kill both women.

Oh.... maybe she won't.

This is pretty cool. I'd love to see Billie, Peyton, and Cross all get a shot at the gold. They could have Asuka lose the title without actually losing.

Asuka will kill some referees, too, if they're not careful.

- Sanity promo:
I like this group. It would have been easy and obvious to use Young as a singles star or have him team with Roode. This is something that uses the veteran to elevate new talents.

- Samson promo:
I love this guy for the sheer amount of heat he can get. I can see him being on the main roster by the end of the year.

- Samson vs. Cruz:
Elias is methodical in the ring.

This is going well.

Cruz is getting some pretty good shine. I expected him to go down more quickly than Billie and Peyton's opponents, who are actually signed to NXT.

I'm liking what Elias is bringing to the table. He's got something worth checking out.

He finally put Cruz away. Good.

- Almas vs. Lorcan:
This is good. Both men have experience, and it shows.

Oney should be on 205 Live within a few months. He's ready for that show.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Cien with that slap.

This is good from both sides.

Oney's "small but fierce" thing works for him.

GOOD GAWD WHAT A POWERBOMB COUNTER. That was intense!

Pretty solid overall.

- Almas interview:
I think Cien's got the chance for a new start in 2017. As long as he stays healthy, he should be pretty good.

- Shinsuke interview:
Shinsuke vs. Roode should be REALLY good.

I like Roode not wanting to talk to Tom.

I'm excited for this clash.

- #DIY vs. Revival:
These sides match up well. There's a clear strategy from both sides instead of it just being an exhibition of cool moves.

I'm glad DIY have stayed as a team. It would be all too easy to have them feud with each other and/or just ship them up to 205 Live as singles competitors.

Gargano's very acrobatic and athletic.

... And that's why Dash and Dawson are looking to ground him! I like it.

I'm loving the work on the knee.

I love the unapologetic heel work of the Top Guys.

Hahahahah no way is Ciampa going to be able to tag in that easily.

Man. They're making Johnny really earn that tag.

Oh Ciampa's fired up. That's the problem with focusing on one wrestler; the other comes in fresh and motivated.

I'm liking this one a lot.

I loved the counter to the armbar. Just throw Gargano at him!

I'm liking the counter-wrestling/avoiding finishers going on here.

This is wild!

I'm really, really liking this. Glad to see all these people together.

That was really solid. Great work all around.

- Post-match:
Ellering knows when to strike!

The Authors are a force of destruction!!

- Regal/Asuka:
Takeover's going to be big! Where will The Revival be?

That should be one hell of a women's title situation.





-- ROH:
- Daniels promo:
I hope when it's all said and done, Daniels is honored in a reputable Hall of Fame. He's given a lot to the wrestling business.


- J. Briscoe vs. Whitmer:
I believe Whitmer's headed to the commentary table sooner rather than later, so I wouldn't expect him to win this.


I like what Whitmer brings to ROH.

This could have probably been a squash for Jay if they wanted it to be.

Whitmer needs two partners to beat Jay. Kevin Sullivan is also a deserving Hall of Famer.

Hahaha I love the thumb to the eye being effective in ROH.

Damn. Jay's in a bind.

Oh yay, a suicide dive.

Whitmer can fire people up, that's for sure.

I was wondering where the heck Mark was!!

There's your set up for a tag match.

- Post-match:
Meh. I like Whitmer, but the Sullivan tie-in is a little forced.


- Silas/Bruiser vs. Reynolds/Silver:
Heels doing heel things. I love it Maggle.


Spunky jobbers trying to make their mark.

I'm liking the teamwork of the heels. I'd like to see them more in the title hunt.

Good to see some more grounded wrestling here.

This is impressive.

Not bad at all!

- Silas/Bruiser/Bull:
OH MY GOD YES. Have these three wreck some trios.

DAMN. So much for that. I am glad Bull's getting another chance to show what he can do, though.

- Kingdom vs. Cheeseburger/Ferrara/Daddiego:
Cheeseburger is one of those cult phenomenon things.

This is kind of a mess.

It's your standard ROH match.

So-so. Nothing stands out anymore.

- Matt/Bucks/V-1:
The Hardys would improve ROH SSSOOOO much.


OH SHIT IT'S ON NOW!!! Invasion angle is on.

- Cabana vs. Sabin:
Nice work to start. Colt's been an underutilized asset in wrestling.

Nice work here.

Cabana's at a high level.

I'm liking what they're both bringing here. The pace is better than the last match.

Don't pick fights with The Boys!

And Sabin moves on. I don't see him winning.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment