Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 1/25/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.
-- NXT: 
- Ember vs. Liv:
Fine start. I'm not crazy about Morgan being pushed, but that's the world we live in.

The rolling around the spot always cracks me up. Perhaps I'm easily amused.

Nice work so far. Ember's definitely got skills.

Liv's putting in a lot of effort; I'll give her that.

That finisher is INSANE.

- Post-match:
Liv turning heel would be interesting.

- Almas/Strong:
Cien's really grown on me since turning heel.

OH SHIT Almas has NO chill.

- Tag team hype package:
#DIY can be a little TOO goody-goody babyface at times.

- Jose vs. Kona:
Ahhh I've missed No Way Jose.

This is pretty fun overall.

Reeves is impressive so far!

Good work from both men.

Pretty solid! Jose could definitely be on the short list for being called up in 2017.

- Jose/Samson:
This feud makes sense.

I love how much heat Elias gets.

A face trying to start a chant is almost always lame.

Not bad overall.

- E. Young vs. Atkins:
Sanity gives no fucks about WWEPC jabronis.

I like the animalistic tendencies here.

EY's a lot of fun as a serious competitor.

I miss Eric's sick piledriver. That thing was DEADLY.

- Post-match:
I'm excited for Tye vs. Eric.

- Thorne update:
That's a real shame. I was hoping TM-61 would find itself as a team in 2017. I hope good things come their way in the future.

- Asuka/Billie/Peyton/Cross:
I love the pairing of Billie and Peyton. They're coming into their own pretty well.

Pretty interesting dynamic going into that title match.

Hahahaha I loved their reaction to Nikki. She's something else.

Asuka not wasting any time!

Oh this is exciting. I can't wait to see how all these forces interact. The main roster would have given us a long Cross/Asuka promo segment leading to them teaming against Billie and Peyton, which kills a lot of the intrigue.

They have the opportunity to do something pretty interesting with the women's title.

Asuka fucking BODYING security.

And Nikki not letting the champ have all the fun herself.

Pretty good stuff overall.

I love Billie and Peyton watching the craziness. I don't know if they know what they're in for!

-- ROH:
- Scurll vs. Gresham:
Nice start.

I'm liking the story early.

Gresham's impressive so far.

Fine work!

I can see why Scurll has so much hype.

Scurll has some good aggression.

Gresham's getting a lot in on the champ.

This is really impressive! Basic, but effective.

NICE ending.

- WK11 video:
O'Reilly had the shortest ROH World Title reign ever. It better be worth whatever he gets next!


- Lethal/J. Briscoe hype:
I've seen more than enough of Jay Briscoe in top matches. He's great and all, but I want to see some new faces mix it up.


- Daniels vs. Sabin:
Good start.

Daniels hanging with someone he has more than ten years on is always impressive.

OK, there's the one suicide dive for the night. If everyone can do it, it's not very impressive.

Daniels as World Champion in 2017 would be great. Definitely something fresh.

Daniels is talented!

Sabin's not bad. He just doesn't stand out from every other flippy indie guy.

Daniels putting on a clinic!

This is quite solid.

NICE ending sequence. I'm ready for the era of the Fallen Angel. He and the Briscoes are probably the only talents there who wouldn't jump to NXT if given half a chance. Lethal knows he'd get blown away by someone like Adam Cole coming in and stealing his thunder, so he's staying in the indie league.

- Corino/Sullivan:
I guess that's our goodbye for Corino. Good to see them wrap that one up. I wish The King of Old School the best at the performance center.


- Ospreay vs. Lee vs. KUSHIDA:
Funny start.


I hope you like seeing a lot of moves. Will this match get seven stars?

Flips and shit. You know the deal.

Thanks, Dave Meltzer, for telling people this acrobatic pantomime bullshit is wrestling.

Finally some kicks and strikes like it's a real fight.

KUSHIDA's pretty good, but you can't bring submissions and strikes to a flip fight.

Oh WOW. It's a crazy from Will Ospreay! That's worth at least ** on its own, right?

MOOOVVVEEESSSSSS time.

Ospreay can definitely do some really impressive stuff.

I'm liking Lee being fired up here.

Some of this is just ridiculous.

I think I could never see a shooting star press again and be good.

And more MOVES.

PHEW. Glad that ended when it did.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment