Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 1/10/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Ambrose Asylum:
God I'm so tired of talk show segments.

What's stopping anyone from entering the Rumble match? Clearly you just have to announce you're in. You'd think the higher-ups would have a more stringent process than that.

OK, that was stupid but naming it Maryse popped me.

Miz has really stepped it up in this era. Ambrose is burned out, so I can't really blame him for not being as fired up as he used to be.

Miz should enter Kenny and Mikey into the Rumble, too, and make them help him win.

I almost made a joke about going to court over a championship, but then I remembered the old days of there being a deposit on the physical NWA Championship so it wouldn't be stolen. I do think it's pretty funny imagining an actual court case about the result of a wrestling match - things like Survivor Series '97 notwithstanding.

I expected Ambrose to clock him with the title. That would have been a great setup. Instead, we got more Wackyman.

At least Miz is here to kick ass.

Maryse actually taking the award was pretty funny.

Fine enough to continue the seemingly dragging road to the Rumble.

- Nikki/Natalya:
I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often, with both competitors having the same entrance ramp and all.

- Nikki vs. Natalya:
WE FIGHT ON TUESDAY NIGHTS MARRO I LOVE IT. Seriously, though, I'm glad they're tearing into each other instead of "trying to be the better competitor" or whatever.

The referee's like "I don't get paid enough to deal with this."

Fun for what it was.

- Ziggler promo:
Dolph said more there than he has in quite a few of his trademark yelling "someone push me because I'm so good" promos. I hope we see a new dimension of him.

- Ziggler vs. Kalisto:
Ziggler jobbing to Kalisto would be pretty bad.

This is going pretty well.

OH SHIT. That's why you don't go for those kinds of moves, Kalisto.

Kalisto is game.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Dolph, you might as well just quit, fam.

- Post-match:
Kalisto's had to deal with a lot of chairs these past few months.

Apollo just a little too late to save the former Lucha Dragon.

Well Ziggler's definitely making a statement here.

The sad reality is Ziggler can only go so high as a heel with Miz, the Wyatts, and AJ ahead of him. Now he doesn't even have Main Event to flounder on.

Ziggler lost his smile. :(

- A. Alpha promo:
I love these two. I hope they're headed for greatness.

I really look forward to that match.

- Cena promo:
I like this version of Cena a lot more than what we usually see. He has something to prove.

John had a to-the-point promo with no jokes. Good to see.

- Wyatts promo:
This is going pretty well. I'm glad they didn't go right to Orton trying to use the Wyatts to his advantage. They're mutual allies. 

- Bray/Orton vs. A. Alpha:
I love the fluidity of the faces.

This is good! Everyone here is solid.

I like how these styles all mesh.

Orton can be a sadistic, methodical wrestler. I like it.

The heels work together quite well, too.

Great athleticism on display from the champions.

I hope Bray gets to shine in the years to come. I'd like to see him be a top player.

This is really good. Can we get two-out-of-three falls at the Rumble?

Ooooh, interesting. Are Bray and Luke planning something behind the Viper's back?

- Post-match:
When Rowan is 100%, the Family can really pull one over on Randy.

I do think there's only so much they can do with that many heels working together. Smackdown's roster is only so big.

- Corbin video:
NICE. Glad to see Baron get a chance to be a star.

- Bryan/Becky/Alexa:
HAHAHA the running gag of Eva Marie references is getting to me.

It's La Luchadora's fault, Daniel. Geez!!

WHOA. That title match should be pretty big.

- Carmella vs. Lunde:
Ehhhh. I guess this is a good thing, since Carmella needs some more training at the squash match level.

Damn. Lunde doing about as well as the actual WWE employee.

Carmellsworth with the victory.

- Taker recap:
lel Smackdown cucked.

 - Carmellsworth backstage:
Well, that will be interesting.

- Corbin/AJ:
I like the idea of Corbin making a name for himself at the expense of Cena's legacy.

I wouldn't be surprised if AJ's luring Corbin in here.

- Cena vs. Corbin:
Good start. Cena's in the position to teach Corbin how to make it to the next level.

Baron's going to give this his best shot.

Corbin beating Cena would definitely put him on the map for the WWE Title picture. That should be the goal of a lot of the roster.

This is pretty good. I like the fight feel of it.

Corbin doesn't have a huge repertoire of moves, but he doesn't need much more than he has now.

I'd watch Corbin vs. Braun. Not going to lie.

That was pretty good! Corbin more or less held his own without kicking out of an AA. This keeps Cena established without throwing Baron under a bus.

- Post-match:
Fine to keep up the build to the Rumble.

-- 205 Live:
- Noam promo:
Ahhhhhhh I love it.

- Cedric vs. Dar:
Come on, Cedric! This dude's calling you out and trying to steal your girlfriend! Lay into him!

Fine athletic display here, but you'd never know this was a grudge match.

Dar is sonning Alexander. I don't blame Alicia for thinking of switching sides.

I'm liking this action. Noam's better than some people ten years older than he is.

I liked the uppercut to the back.

NICE counter of the springboard clothesline.

Dar's letting Cedric know who's boss.

Cedric's too flippy for someone whose opponent just tried to break his hand in steel steps. I hate that mentality.

Nice story of Alexander not being able to use the Lumbar Check. I miss psychology.

Noam is outclassing Cedric here. Cedric is a really good athlete, but Noam's got him beat as far as having a credible match.

NICE.

- Post-match:
Based Noam Dar.

I would mark out SO hard if Alicia pulls a Tommy Dreamer and takes them both.

- Tozawa video:
I'm definitely excited to see more of Akira.

It's still weird Sin Cara and Kalisto aren't on this show.

- Kendrick promo:
This guy's great.

Ahhhh I love it.

- Kendrick vs. Maluta:
Maluta getting a pretty decent shot to become a WWE regular.

Damn. Maluta just might get the upset.

Sean's not bad here.

I like Brian's style.

Not bad at all! Maluta's growing on me.

That was pretty good.

- Alicia/Cedric:
FINALLY Cedric catches on.

Alicia and Noam are in for a BDSM gimmick.

- Gallagher/Ariya:
This is ridiculous. I love it.

I like Ariya using this opportunity to show he's a jerk.

I'm waiting for Jack to Hulk up on this dude.

Hahahaa this is silly. I'm glad to see something different.

I'm excited for the I Forfeit match.

Ariya YOU MONSTER!!!!!!

Hahahahahaha.

I love it Maggle.

- Swann vs. Nese:
Tony's not going to let the champ have an easy night.

I'm liking the story: Nese is trying to combat the energy and athleticism of Swann.

NICE. I haven't seen anyone cut off an Irish whip in a LONG time.

I'm liking this action.

These two play off each other pretty well.

Nese can do it all!

This is great!

The story here is Nese is quite good, but Swann can still hold on the title.

I miss the standing 450, but that was good.

- Swann/Neville:
I'm glad Rich is showing confidence as champion. It's seen as something of a foregone conclusion that Neville will take his belt after the win over Swann the other week.

Neville's got a point. He's really been on a tear here.

The ears thing is getting pretty old, but at least they're acknowledging the ummm... elephant in the room.

Ha. I like Neville demanding a title shot before getting back in the ring with someone he's already beaten. On that note, who's in charge of this show?

I look forward to the Rumble.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment