Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 1/3/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- Smackdown:
- Miz/Maryse/Ambrose:
I'm so glad Miz is getting to be a featured heel again. I think I was the only one who enjoyed his WWE Title reign.

This man is a national treasure. I don't know if this is all written for him or what, but it's great.

I guess they're waiting for someone to give Renee Young entrance music.

Miz making everything about him and blaming everyone else is so great. Pure narcissism.

Of course, it's all an anti-Miz conspiracy.

OOOOHHHHH Miz went there.

Love the use of Maryse there.

Uuuggggghhhhh I hate that Ambrose insinuated being slapped by Maryse was tougher than competing with a former Wrestlemania headliner. If Dean loses, he loses to someone who doesn't hit hard. What does that say about him? And if he wins, it's no big deal, because his opponent is just some jabroni.

- Ziggler vs. Corbin:
Good story. Corbin's a rough fighter, while Ziggler's the quick athlete.

I'm enjoying this so far.

Wrestling needs a few more people like Baron Corbin for variety's sake.

Ziggler picking and moving. It's good.

Straightforward story, but a good one.

Ziggler picking up the pace to beat the bigger man.

HA. The Zig Zag buried again. What an awful finisher.

Damn. So much for Ziggler being a title contender/potential Rumble winner, huh?

- Post-match:
Oh Kalisto vs. Corbin is still going on? Ehhh.

lel u mad Ziggles. Picking on someone you might actually be able to beat.

- Ellsworth/Carmella:
I guess James isn't really a heel after all.

Poor James. Watch out for that one, dude.

Well that will be a weird combination.

- Locker room fight:
Damn, Dolph, chill man. It's not like you haven't blown plenty of chances before.

Maybe at least Apollo will get a rub from Dolph and finally get a chance to be the guy Ziggler was supposed to be years back.

- Becky vs. Luchadora:
God I wish Zeb Colter was on commentary for La Luchadora.

I wonder if LL knows El Generico or Los Conquistadores.

Fine for what it needs to be so far.

Oh, no. It's not the Bella Twins at work, is it? TWIN MAGIC MARRO AH LOVE IT.

- Post-match:
They should do a running gag where LL is someone different every week.

- Contract signing:
I wish Bryan was wrestling either or both men, but his health takes precedent.

Oh I love AJ trying to get Bryan on his side. That's clever.

Bryan's a corporate stooge now, caring about ratings and such.

Bryan's a got a point: AJ's had Cena's number in the past. We'll see if that holds true for 2017 or if Big Match John is going into another Wrestlemania as champ.

AJ pointing out the nepotism is great.

Styles getting some good jabs in.

While I'm sure WWE/Smackdown can survive without Cena, that's easier said than done.

I love AJ trying to paint John as "pulling a Rock" and trying to leave WWE for Hollywood. Genius.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH.

But Cena firing back pretty well.

Ugggghhhh cheap profanity. At least go back to World Life John if you're going to do that.

I don't see AJ replacing John at AJ's age.

Oh people would definitely leave WWE to get some of his Hollywood roles. I wouldn't blame them, either.

I'm liking the new attitude from Cena. He's got a chip on his shoulder.

Ooh, a Corbin/Styles alliance could be interesting.

- Maryse/Renee:
I'd watch a match between these two or a mixed tag. It could be "bowling shoe ugly," but they could make it work from a story perspective.

- Carmella vs. Aliyah:
We NXT now.

Not bad.

Yeah, Carmella could easily still be NXT-level herself.

Aliyah's making the most of this opportunity. I hope she has success going forward.

Not bad overall!

- A. Alpha vs. Breezango:
Hahaha Breeze.

And that's why you don't play around with two people with their credentials.

Boom. Roasted.

- Wyatt promo:
Good to see the Family back up to their old tricks.

I'm liking Randy being in the Family. At first I thought we'd go right back to Bray vs. Randy, but they've been able to keep that from happening.

- Natalya/Nikki:
Ugggghhhh Total Divas stuff.

Yeah yeah yeah.

This is stupid.

Oh man, Bret and his buddy Meltzer are going to have a breakdown over the claim Natalya's better than the Hitman. NO ONE challenges the greatness/drawing power of Bret Hart! Only deluded Kliq fanboys/revisionist historians doubt how amazing Bret was and how we were lucky to be blessed with his very presence. The all-knowing Bret Hart... you get the idea.

DAMN. Pretty harsh about Nikki's looks.

- Ambrose promo:
I love the insinuation the title is more important to Miz than Maryse.

- Announcement for next week:
I look forward to some of that.

- Miz vs. Ambrose:
I'm glad Dean is taking the fight to him instead of trying to outwrestle him. You'd think that would be obvious, but it isn't always the case.

Oh Ambrose is pissed.

Man, Dean is all on him.

Miz messed with the wrong guy!

YES someone countered the silly clothesline.

That SCF was SWEET.

These two match up pretty well.

Smart by Dean to not want the DQ.

BASED MIZ. Layers upon layers of heeling.

That was a pretty sweet ending. Surprising, but not altogether unexpected because we needed something new at the IC Title level.

-- 205 Live:
- Tajiri vs. Maluta:
I think there's a good chance Maluta ends up with a developmental deal at some point.

Ahhh I've missed Tajiri's kicks.

Tajiri's more or less an in-ring coach for this show. It's a good role.

Tajiri lighting Maluta up here!

Good to see Tajiri pull it out in 2017.

- Kendrick/Tajiri:
Flashback to the previous WWE cruiserweight division.

I LOVE Kendrick trying to charm his way to the top.

At least Kendrick didn't have to take one of those kicks!

I want to see each veteran work with some younger names, maybe as a Team Kendrick vs. Team Tajiri kind of thing?

- Neville promo:
Fucking BASED. "You're only champ because you've never faced me" is pretty arrogant without saying "everyone on this show sucks."

What about me? What about Neville!?

I'm loving this. New Neville is best Neville.

- Nese video:
I'm glad we're seeing Nese again. His TNA run has nothing on this.

I like him heeling the goofy handshake.

Nese is pretty good.

Solid business overall.

- Gallagher vs. Nese:
Gallagher is really enjoyable.

Good back-and-forth here.

I love Tony resorting to attacks instead of trying to outwrestle Gentleman Jack.

Come on, Ariya! That's not nice!

- Post-match:
Daivari making a statement!

- Cedric/Alicia:
I hope one of these two turns on the other at some point. It's too lovey-dovey for me. I want to see someone be a jerk, damn it!

- Noam vs. Ali:
Good work early.

Dar's incredible at such a young age. I hope he's got a really big future in WWE.

I'm liking this action.

Dar's technical prowess always pops me.

I'm surprised Mustafa got the win. That finisher is scary!

- Dar promo:
Funny enough, but we're going in circles at this point.

- Tozawa video:
I like the idea of having a current WWE star (and titleholder, no less) praising the new guy. I'm glad we'll see more of Tozawa soon.

- TJP interview:
Not bad. Kind of bland, content-wise.

- Neville vs. TJP:
Nice work early!

I'm loving the game of human chess here.

Continuing to enjoy Neville's mean side.

Neville's absolutely incredible. Perkins is very talented, too.

That would have been one hell of a suplex.

Perkins isn't about to go down without a fight. He's a human highlight reel himself.

Neville trying to stay away from that deadly kneebar is good.

That was great! I'm glad to see a superplex actually win a match now!

Rich Swann, look out.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment