Total Pageviews

Friday, January 13, 2017

Main Event and Impact Wrestling Reax - 1/12/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Impact Wrestling.

-- Main Event:
- Kendrick vs. Ali:
Good work early.

I like when matches like this have something of a gradual rise to the spots.

Kendrick's devious. I like it.

Brian's use of submissions to wear his opponent down is good.

Ali's talented.

BOOM. Another victory for the man with a plan.

- Cara/Darren vs. S. Stars:
Flips on flips on flips.

Heck, Young kind of fitting into the cruiserweight style here, too.

Lots of quick action here.

Fine basic action.

I am glad to see these names get some actual ring time.

Good enough for a match that doesn't mean much of anything.

-- Impact Wrestling:
- Hardys:
It does make sense that they'd want to prove their worth against the Wolves. Davey and Eddie have made a name for themselves.

- EC3/Lashley:
EC3 could have a big year in TNA.

Funny Wikileaks reference.

I like Lashley's shrewd conspiring.

Umm. Even if someone becomes No. 1 contender, what's to stop Davey from getting involved again?

The anonymous Anthem general manager (owl).

Umm.. what's to make that stipulation official? Who makes the decision of who's challenging Eddie?

I love a good pull-apart brawl.

- EC3 vs. Lashley:
EC3 knows he's got to stay on Bobby, so he's going at him with everything he's got.

This is already one hell of a fight.

Both men putting in incredible effort.

Lashley's spears are just insane.

NICE idea using Lashley's own finisher against him.

Carter just laying into him with a chair.

Pretty insane bump to end things. Both men looked strong in defeat.

- Post-match:
Nice to sell the importance of the title.

- Eli/Tyrus:
Hahahaha Eli making the right move as a heel, taking away what fans like.

Finally Tyrus is being presented as someone you don't want to mess with. I like this combination.

- Spud/Rex/Robbie:
I thought Rockstar quit last week!? What happened to that?

HAHAHAHAHA Rex burying himself by saying no one pays to see him wrestle.

Ah Robbie E.

Robbie, you idiot. Why'd you think attacking two people would end well?

NICE attack from Aron. This has potential.

- DCC promo:
So we finally got an explanation for why DCC came together.

I like Storm as the heel faction leader.

DCC's not a great name, but it will do.

- Maria/Allie:
They have been dragging this on FOREVER.

I've liked Allie, but I'm pretty tired of the Bennetts.

- Bram/Kingston vs. Steve/Abyss:
I'm liking this so far.

I surprisingly like Steve as a babyface.

I do wonder what DCC can do as a force after being sonned by the Hardys.

Bleh.

Abyss is effective as the big monster coming in and cleaning house.

I guess we'll see another chapter of this.

And more fighting.

- Wolves backstage:
Oh MAN this has got to be some kind of rib. Eddie's terrible at this.

Oh we're totally in for Davey vs. Eddie. Eddie's stupid enough to fall for it, too.

- Brooke interview:
I'm pleasantly surprised to see Brooke back. I kind of thought she was moving on.

- Bennett vs. Sutter:
Braxton always wrestles like this might be his last televised match, which, given TNA's status, isn't a bad idea.

Umm Bennett, you idiot, go for the cover.

That was OK. Nothing exemplary. Neither of them have a lot of flavor as competitors.

- Bennetts backstage:
I guess we're in for a mixed tag. I'm ready for this story to more or less conclude; it's been going on for quite some time.

- Rosemary/Jade:
I like Rosemary wanting to take over EVERY Knockout.

Jade's fired up!

But hey, Rosemary's game for just about anything.

Oh MAAAAN Monster's Ball would be a lot of fun.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Jade go hardcore on Rosemary's ass.

That was pretty good overall.

- Hardys vs. Wolves:
Good start.

Didn't take long for this one to break down!

I can't say I would have predicted the Hardys to still be holding titles and hitting Poetry in Motion in 2017, but here we are!

Davey's going to make the most of his last year of his wrestling career.

I hate convoluted submission sequences. They're not believable.

It's the best of the Hardys on display here.

Big moves everywhere!

Lots of offense going on.

HA. Davey confirmed for weak link/Jannetty.

- Post-match:
Countdown to Davey vs. Eddie. I hope you like MOVES.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment