Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 1/24/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Bryan/Miz/Maryse:
Bryan keeping that vegan kayfabe.

Fun to set something important up for later.

- Orton vs. Harper:
I'm liking this already.

These two match up pretty well.

By the way, the "get it out of your system" approach to anger really doesn't work.

Nice work here.

That backdrop driver to the barricade always looks NASTY.

Interesting actions from Bray.

Talk about a family feud.

Harper's really good. I hope he gets to be a big deal.

NICE sequence with the countered RKO.

And a really good ending.

- Post-match:
OH SHIT! Harper has been abandoned by the Family!

- Mickie/Becky/Alexa:
I'd pop if La Luchadora was in a relationship with Juan Cena.
 
I REALLY like Mickie wanting credit for her own achievements before the revolution.

Nice promo from James.

Becky's going to need eyes in the back of her head, which sounds painful.

NICE beatdown. Becky better recruit a buddy real quick.

- Carmellsworth:
James is making that sweet WWE cash, but he needs to be careful about his money.

Oh my God, is this going to be like Jamie Noble and Nidia? Because that was amazing.

Hahahaha so many shots at Sami lately.

- Battle royal:
I like Corbin scouting the competition.

Yeah, like any of these people will win the Rumble.

Rhyno, what the fuck!? Slater has a family to feed!

Thanks for coming back, Hawkins.

See, The Ascension knows how to be a team. Konnor going to Wrestlemania would benefit them both!

I love battle royal matches.

Oh shit the Rumble is about to get HYPE!

Oh yeah, Mojo's going places.

- Nikki/Natalya:
Oh God it's this talking point again. I don't even dislike Nikki; we've just seen way too much of the Bellas.

The sooner this ends, the better.

- AJ/Cena:
AJ buried by the graphics department.


What does it say about the WWE Champion that he's behind the part-timers on the poster?

Damn, the Today hosts buried AJ, too! He might should have headed to GFW.

I love AJ getting in so much on Cena.

AJ going HARD on Cena here. I love it. I hope John doesn't cut him off with some goofy catch phrase.

AJ's really great here.

Cena can deliver, too. He has some good points about why he's the guy.

Cena's almost spent 15 years in WWE. Let that sink in for a second.

OOOOHHHHHHH those shots at the indies.

Man. AJ getting dressed down, too. They need to be careful about that.

That was solid all around.

- Ziggler vs. Kalisto:
Glad to see Dolph show some aggression instead of a bunch of big MOVES.

One hell of a counter to that springboard move.

- Ziggler/JBL/Crews:
Oh, what, Ziggler's just going to feud with retired wrestlers and cruiserweights now?

Crews vs. Ziggler would be a LOT of bumps.

- Naomi/Natalya/Nikki/Alexa:
Fine enough continuation of the Total Divas feud.
 
I'd be upset, too, if I was Naomi! Imagine doing all that traveling, dressing up, etc. and then not getting a match!?

Hahaha Naomi's not even worth Alexa's time.

Naomi's not backing down!

Are they going to rush Alexa vs. Naomi at the Rumble?

- Ambrose interview:
Fine enough. Less might be more with Dean given some of his promos lately.

- Miz vs. Ambrose:
I like making the most of the stipulation.

AMBROSE'LL FIGHT ANYONE MAGGLE HE'S A DAMN LUNATIC!!

Ha. Everyone fighting everyone.

Glad to see the wacky clothesline countered.

I really hope they have an endgame for Miz taunting Bryan. Miz vs. Joe? Miz vs. Nakamura?

Oh this is fun.

THE WHOLE ROSTER'S FIGHTIN MAGGLE I LOVE IT!!!

I do love Miz using Bryan's moves, though.

This is wild.

Fine ending!
 
-- 205 Live: 
- Neville interview:
I like shows starting with hype instead of long promos or a cold match.

I'm really ready for Neville at the Rumble.

Good work. Neville has become a LOT more interesting as a heel.

- TJP vs. Nese:
Nese is great. Solid story being told, and they don't even need crazy moves to tell it!

Good athleticism here.

Both men are really talented.

Nese is an all-out smart wrestler. Glad to see such psychology on display.

I'm really into this one.

Really good work from both men.

I'm impressed as always by both men.

Solid ending! I do kind of miss the kneebar, but I like someone having multiple tools to end the match.

- Post-match:
OUCHHHHH.

- Tozawa video:
This is a great way to get Akira over. I hope he succeeds. Good to see a lot of styles on display here.

- Kendrick/Bradshaw:
Kendrick just sonning all the cruiserweight jobbers, huh?

MAN. Brian has a chip on his shoulder!

That was really good.

- Kendrick vs. T. Bradshaw:
Brian's making an example out of him!

I love the tenacity of the former champ.

NICE ending. Good work from Brian.

- Swann/Cedric:
Cedric's just not standing out as a personality.

Taking advice from someone who's already lost to Neville?

- Neville vs. Cedric:
Neville has no sympy and no chill.

I love the mindgames.

I'm liking the story of working on the arm.

Pretty good athleticism.

Don't get cocky, Cedric!!

Actually, Cedric might have a chance here!

Oh now Neville's mad.

Nice story here.

Cedric's definitely impressive.

Good counter to the Lumbar Check.

I LOVE the C4. I'm nostalgic for Paul Burchill.

Neville making up for lost time!

Ha! I was wondering when we'd see Noam.

Really good ending.

- Post-match:
Poor Cedric haha.

This is pretty fun.

I'm really excited for Swann vs. Neville. That's surprising given how they're stereotypical flippy guys.

More wrestling coming up.

1 comment:

  1. Rumble predictions:
    - Orton is seemingly the top pick to win the Rumble, with Bray becoming champion at Elimination Chamber to set up those two facing off at WM33. If not him, I think Brock has a good shot, with Goldberg winning the Universal Title at Fastlane. The talk is that will headline Mania, and they want to make it a really big deal.
    - Cesaro and Sheamus retain, since they just won the title.
    - Nia beats Sasha unless Sasha has a Herculean comeback
    - I'm going with the heel Smackdown team winning unless they want Naomi to get a pin on the champ ahead of a title match. I know I'm hedging my bets there, but I TRY to be open to different ideas for what they could do.
    - I could see Swann making it out with the title only for Neville to win it on 205 Live.
    - Charlotte retains because he always does
    - Cena and THE BIG DOG walk out with the top titles unless they want to do Owens vs. Goldberg at Fastlane. I have a weird feeling Owens vs. Jericho at WM33 will be for the U.S. Title. That's kind of a shame.

    ReplyDelete