Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Raw Reax - 1/16/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Opening:
I expect that will be the only acknowledgement of Snuka's passing. They're in a pretty awkward position with the whole legal situation.

- Roman/Heyman/JeriKO/Rollins/Braun/Brock/Zayn:
I'm ready for something new and interesting to happen. We've had Roman/Seth vs. JeriKO for quite some time now.

At least he's not doing the "it's not fair I lost like that" thing.

I'm very interested to see what THE BIG DOG does at Wrestlemania and who wins the Royal Rumble.

I actually want to see another round of Roman vs. Brock. Maybe that means there's something wrong with me. I'm not really sure.

What's the kayfabe explanation for part-time wrestlers? Do they just not care enough to be there every week? Is weekly TV not important to them? If not, why should it be to us? I assume it's something like "Steph and Mick signed him to a limited contract of a few dates," which says a lot about them as negotiators.

I'd watch Brock suplex 29 guys out of the Rumble. Not going to lie.

I like the idea of Y2J winning the Rumble and KO trying to convince him to lie down, only for Jericho to decide to go for it. It would be different from two months of filler contract signings and stuff.

I wonder if anyone out there wants to see Kyle O'Reilly win the Rumble and face Owens. I don't see any way that happens.

I like the idea of there being a lot of people who could win the Rumble. I'd probably pop for Angle winning.

I don't really expect Owens vs. Zayn at WM33, but it would be a big chance for the two rivals.

This is fun.

All-out CHAOS. I love it.

- Enzo/Cass vs. Rusev/Jinder:
Enzo's back! That's good.

I'm glad Jinder's at least doing something. Hawkins and Swagger aren't so lucky.

Rusev's a lot of fun to watch.

Mahal is basic but effective.

Cass is effective as the cleanup hitter.

Nice win for the faces. Now what?

- Lince vs. Ariya:
As far as flippy lucha guys go, Dorado's good in that role.

I like Daivari not trying to beat Lince as his own game.

Lince is certainly impressive, even with his offence being 90% acrobatic.

NICE. I haven't seen a Cobra Clutch end a match in quite some time, other than a Sgt. Slaughter Old School Raw kind of deal.

- Nia/Sasha:
I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often. Talk about a hostile work environment.

- Cesaro/Sheamus vs. Club:
I really hope we're not in for a title switch here. The Club have been very lackluster.

Sheamus and Cesaro make a very smooth tandem.

I'm liking the display from the champs.

Anderson and Gallows are pretty much your standard big guy team. Nothing really wrong with that, but they're not exactly making a splash with that kind of style. At least they're not doing cartwheels and bronco busters, though.

Solid action from both teams.

Good teamwork from the NJPW team.

Ugggggh. The Swing.

I do love the Swiss One Nine.

This is impressive overall.

Oops. Probably should be more careful there, Sheamus.

That was a good ending.

WHOA. WHOA. There wasn't a DQ until the other ref had already counted a pin! Take a lap.

- Post-match:
I'd be mad, too! They got screwed out of the titles!

- Snuka video:
Well count me pleasantly surprised. I kind of expected them to try to sweep it under a rug considering the big lawsuit.

- Emmalina video:
This has got to be a rib on someone. Sheesh! She might as well have stayed injured!

- Reigns/Rollins/Sami:
Hahaha finally some personality from Sami.

OK, that was pretty funny overall.

- Nese vs. Swann:
Man! They changed the ring and all just for Neville to come down and prevent the match from happening! What a dick!

I hope Neville vs. Swann at the Rumble is a fight instead of a spotfest. It needs to matter. Neville's not there to "be the best athlete." He's out for blood.

I popped for Nese adding injury to injury.

DAMN. EVEN NESE ISN'T SAFE!!

- Neville promo:
Neville's more motivated than he's been in a long time. Being something more than "that guy who does that cool spinning move" has its benefits.

I'm ready for the coronation of Neville.

- New Day/Titus:
It'd be interesting if Y2J won the Rumble and Owens lost the Universal Title, then asked Jericho to give him the WM33 match. Y2J vs. Owens vs. Reigns MIGHT be interesting. We've seen way too much of Reigns facing those two, though, so it's probably time to just do a one-on-one match at Mania.

I like Titus wanting a spot in the Rumble. It could be one of his only times to ever get a WWE Title match. Hey, what if he draws no. 30 and lucks into a win? Then he'd go right into the main event of Wrestlemania.

Oh wow. That was a pretty lewd reference from Big E.

Titus is pretty funny.

- Titus vs. Big E:
New Day having fun as they do.

I'm liking this overall.

Fine match so far.

That was good for what it needed to be.

- Charlotte/Bayley:
Charlotte has really been built as an important name. I can't wait to see what part-timer she'll lay down for.

Charlotte going hard on Bayley AND the fans. I like it.

Charlotte's picked up the heel thing pretty well. She's indeed a natural.

Bayley establishing herself pretty well.

The poem thing was pretty funny.

Nice stuff overall.

- JeriKO/Braun:
This is all pretty fun. I hope Braun gets a big shine at Mania.

Braun taking NO prisoners. I like it.

- Kendrick vs. Cedric:
Brian doesn't go for that sportsmanship shit.

Cedric is a game competitor. I like it.

Alexander's impressive.

I love Brian's deviousness.

This is solid.

OOOOOHHHHHHHH what a counter to the Lumbar Check. That's smart.

I'd actually kind of mark for Eva Marie countering Alicia to help her trainer.

That was a nice change of pace for the distraction costing the babyface. Good match

- Post-match:
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Cedric just sonned her.

- Nia interview:
Nia doesn't play around.

I'm ready for Nia to be a bigger part of things. She spent a LONG time milling about in squash matches.

- Alicia interview:
Cedric broke her. :(

- JeriKO/Braun vs. Rollins/Reigns/Sami:
Oh this is a brawl right out of the gate. I like it.

I like this being a fight more than an athletic contest. Blahhhh.

Owens and Zayn are destined to do this forever.

Jericho's still got it. I wouldn't mind seeing him and/or Owens in the ring with Angle at some point.

Reigns is effective as the raging roughhouser.

This is a lot of fun.

Nice counter to the Superman punch.

Good work all around.

This is just all-out insanity. Everyone's working hard.

Six-man mayhem.

NICE counter to the Helluva Kick.

Pretty good action.

- Post-match:
And more insanity after the match!!

I like the idea of JeriKO out Shielding the Shield.

Good God.

One hell of an ending. I'm excited about the Rumble.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment