Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Raw Reax - 1/23/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Reigns/JeriKO:
At this point, I'm just ready for Roman to say "hey we're fighting on Sunday. Let's move on to something else."

It looks like we're in for a LONG, LONG road to Wrestlemania. As great as Owens is and Jericho usually is, I wish they were facing off at Royal Rumble instead of stretching the JeriKO thing out even longer.

Owens vs. Reigns should be a good fight, but I hope it's their last feud for some time.

Hahahaha Y2J sticking that U.S. Title win in Reigns' face.

Oh no. Reigns is going to win the title back tonight, isn't he?

That shark cage is getting a lot of play.

- Tag Title announcement:
That should be interesting. 

- Cesaro vs. Gallows:
Fine stuff so far. There's still a lot of ROH in Cesaro, though.

I'm liking the back-and-forth.

Cesaro's definitely got skills from a technical standpoint.

The same people doing the same stuff every week gets pretty old.

I did like the sharpshooter spot.

Good heel work from the other guy in The Club.

Not bad of a win for whichever one that was.

- Foley/Stephanie/Zayn:
I'm pretty sure you just say you're in the Rumble and you're in, based on how things have been so far.

Wow. Sami's really going through the wringer, huh?

- Bayley interview:
This one's pretty much sold, too. We get it. Bayley's the ascended fangirl and Charlotte's trying to make a legacy.

Bayley a little TOO sickly sweet here.

- Foley/Rollins:
HAHAHAHA yeah Sami's going to job.

Hardcore legend Foley would have told Stephanie to shove it.

Oh God what if Rollins wins the Rumble and HHH becomes champion?

- Rollins vs. Zayn:
Nice work going hold for hold here.

Pretty smooth work.

Yeah that's enough dives for one night.

Pretty impressive from both men!

Hey, there's that move Sami invented, the Blue Thunder Bomb!

Zayn invented the Michinoku Driver, too. It's been misnamed, obviously.

Rollins always goes all out.

This is pretty wild!

OH SHIT that would have been one hell of a bump from the Pepsi Plunge.

I'm really liking this.

Pedigrees everywhere!

I would pop if one day there's an angle where the person in charge of entrances just calls for music to troll wrestlers.

So, what does Seth do at Royal Rumble?

- HBK advertisement:
Seth better go after HHH's buddy on the Kickoff show. That would be something.

- Seth/Mick:
What does HHH do in kayfabe when he's not at Raw, anyway? Hang out at the performance center?

- Ariya/Gulak/Nese vs. Gallagher/Ali/TJP:
I love Gentleman Jack.

Pretty impressive showcase so far.

I like all these guys.

That was shades of ROH. The inward 450 is really impressive, though.

- New Day/Enzo/Cass/Rusev/Jinder/Titus/Braun:
I wonder how many surprise entrants we're in for.

God I love Rusev.

Rusev is so much fun these days. More fun than when he was just angry Bulgarian guy.

Ha. I doubt Titus is in the Rumble.

Well I didn't see him getting involved!

- Enzo/Cass/E/Kofi vs. Braun/Rusev/Titus/Jinder:
I like the idea of everyone here trying to get an edge for the Rumble. If, say, Cass is injured, that improves the odds for Rusev.

Titus is good to have around.

God I missed the dog bark.

I love Strowman, too. Just pure HOSS.

Cass just dominating Jinder.

OUCH. That's one way to counter the spear.

Enzo, be careful man!

OOOOH that was a big slam.

- Post-match:
They could actually make something of Big Show vs. Strowman.

So, does Shaq eliminate Big Show?

- Y2J vs. Reigns:
I like this being a big fight right out of the gate.

Roman wants that title back!

Oh, hey, maybe Seth gets involved and he ends up in the shark cage at the Rumble, too?

This is solid so far. Jericho's still a bump machine.

More good work.

Roman's impressive as always. I'm seeing some Batista in him.
 
That was pretty good while it lasted!

- Post-match:
They're definitely selling the shark cage.

HAHAHAHA Jericho trying to hang on.

Reigns making Jericho pay.

About time for JeriKO to collapse.

The odds are stacked against the champ!!

- Charlotte interview:
I did like the continuity of Flair dominance at the Rumble.

I like Charlotte's arrogance.

Charlotte's definitely at a high level. Who the heck is she going to face at Mania?

That was solid.

- Nia vs. Lynn:
SHE DON'T GET PAID BY THE HOUR MAGGLE I LOVE IT!

- Nia/Sasha:
OOOOOHHHH that was a stiff shot at the former champ.

I hope they have a crazy fight.

Sasha has guts!

- Emmalina video:
I'm going to pop when she shows up and wins the Rumble.

- Swann vs. Dar: 
Good start.

A heel using a woman as a shield always pops me.

This is pretty fun.

Swann just flies all the time, huh?

That was good, but I miss the standing 450.

- Swann/Neville:
I'm ready for Neville to be the champ.

- Cedric/Alicia/Noam:
Christ what a boring promo from Cedric.

Noam/Alicia is a great ship.

Fun once Noam and Alicia showed up.

- Goldberg/Heyman/Brock/Taker:
Can Goldberg pull off that many spears and jackhammers? He's not who he used to be.

The Rumble is going to be a LOT of fun.

Goldberg vs. Taker could be a lot of fun from a spectacle standpoint.

I'm excited for more Brock/Goldberg. They haven't faced off in 30 tag matches.

I'm SSSSOOOOO excited for Brock/Goldberg. They're both beats.

Welp, I'm sold for Sunday.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment