Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 1/17/16

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Shane/AJ/Cena/Miz:
Shane just casually mentioning a PPV main event. The Elimination Chamber should be sold as a BIG deal.

Well, at least AJ's selling the match as a brutal experience.

Theoretically one side wins at the Rumble and the other man gets the title at the end of the Chamber match.

AJ's not down to be in a chamber match. I don't blame him. Taking bumps on steel doesn't strike me as a fun night.

God, I wish we could have gotten AJ vs. Bryan in WWE.

Ooooooh. AJ's "left" a company with a title before, Shane. I'd be careful if I was you!

I like Cena not immediately taking over the segment.

AJ's martyr complex is showing.

Cena vs. Miz for the WWE Championship is an outside possibility for WM33. No Rock this time, I assume.

Ahhhh I love Miz. He stole AJ AND Cena's spotlight.

Miz has big goals for 2017! Good for him.

Nice back-and-forth between Miz and AJ.

Miz has a point; he had a big feud with Cena before Styles even had a chance.

Miz's "I'm a more important champion than you" thing is good.

Cena's in a supporting role here. Good.

That was a good piece of business!

- Shane/Ambrose:
Wacky Lunatic Man isn't connecting with me.

I do look forward to Ambrose going against the Wyatts, though.

- Miz vs. AJ:
Nice work to start off.

I like the whole "jockeying for position" thing instead of just big moves everywhere.

I like both men wanting to make a statement as we go into Mania season.

AJ adding some submissions to his game is good.

The pairing of Miz and Maryse is paying dividends. The couple that cheats together, stays together.

Miz avoiding Styles' finisher is good.

Nice counter-wrestling. I love seeing that.

Good ending. Not everything is about wins and losses.

- Post-match:
Where's Baron Corbin in all of this?

Cena's the fresh man. It makes sense he can son the guys who just had a match.

I would have popped for Cena reversing the springboard forearm into an AA.

- Nikki/Natalya:
Oh joy. A Bellas segment.

I assume these "Total Divas" kind of segments are to appeal to a female demographic or something. I hope they succeed in all of that, because I definitely don't care for them.

Well this is weird.

Natalya wish shades of conspiracy theory R-Truth. I miss his push.

DAMN. Stiff shot by Natalya.

Fine enough.

- Alexa promo:
Lots of women's segments tonight!

I like Bliss not being afraid. She's the Head Bliss In Charge!

- Ambrose vs. Orton:
I love the trend of trying to win ASAP. Get your hand raised, get paid, and get out of there.

Dean is a convincing wild man. For good reason.

Nice action here from both men. They could have a hell of a No Holds Barred match.

This is a fight, not just a match.

I actually want to see someone win with a Garvin Stomp one time. Even if it's just on Main Event or something. I think Jack Gallagher could pull it off.

Dean's offense can be pretty contrived.

This is a pretty fun fight so far.

NICE counter to the Wacky Clothesline.

I'm liking the mental chess being played here.

This is one heck of a bout!

Ambrose always goes all out (except on the mic).

I guess we're in for a Wyatt implosion at the Rumble!

- Post-match:
Talk about your family issues.

This was pretty much inevitable. Smackdown's roster is too small to have that many heels on the same page for long.

- Becky promo:
They're really selling this one well. I'm excited for the next clash.

- King's Court:
It's hard to miss Lawler when he's still around so much. I don't want him to die or anything; I've just seen and heard way too much of him all these years.

Ugggggghhhhh.

This is one of the best promos Dolph has given in years. I'm glad to see him do something different.

Dolph has lost his smile! He's turning his back on the WWE Universe!

At least this will get heat on Dolph.

DAMN. I thought the shots on Bret were stiff.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH Dolph got SONNED.

I bet Dolph would job to King, too.

That was pretty good overall.

- Wyatts:
Next week would be an opportune time for Erick Rowan to return and get involved in all this. No word on his status, though.

- Alexa vs. Becky:
I would have popped for Alexa winning right out of the gate. It would have been an awful idea and disappointed everyone, but it would have been funny in its own way.

Alexa determined to escape!!

This adds a new dimension to a match we've seen several times now.

I like Becky's fire. Natural babyface.

GENIUS powerbomb counter.

BAH GAWD WHAT A MISSILE DROPKICK!

BIG exploder. This is a pretty big battle.

What's the point of a cage if someone can still interfere!?

Looks like La Luchadora is a Blissfit.

- Post-match:
Haha. The referee isn't sticking around for this.

AWWWW I'LL BE A SON OF A BITCH! IT'S MICKIE JAMES!!

Good ending. I'm glad to see the women headline the show.

-- 205 Live: 
- Gulak vs. Alexander:
Emmalina needs to get a cruiserweight love interest so she can get more TV time.

Noam knows how to treat a lady! There's a class act for you.

This is crazy. I like it.

I'm liking the match so far.

Cruiserweight action as a whole has been good.

Drew Gulak is a smart competitor. He's showing that here.

Cedric's a pretty well-rounded wrestler.

Cool to see the split-legged moonsault again.

I'm liking the story about Cedric trying to hit Lumbar Check but not being able to do it.

Good work overall!

- Noam/Alicia:
What if Alicia decides she's done with men and ends up with Summer Rae or something? It'd be different.

- Neville/Swann video:
I like Neville at least putting the current champ over.

Nice nod to their past in Japan.

This is quite good. There's clear contrast between these two.

I'm glad these two are doing more than jobbing to Braun Strowman.

Nice overall.

- Nese promo:
He's good. Another guy I'm glad is getting a spotlight.

- Nese vs. Ali:
Ali's impressive here, taking it right to Nese.

This is pretty solid!

NICE. Nese is very versatile.

Both men putting on a good performance here.

Ali having a standout performance!

OOOUUUCCCCCHHHHHH. That German suplex looked NASTY.

One hell of an ending.

- Tozawa video:
Oh hey! It's Apollo Crews! I forgot about him for a while there.

I'm definitely looking forward to more of Tozawa. Tozawa vs. Neville next?

- Gallagher vs. Ariya:
This is going to be good.

I love submission wrestling.

Gallagher is something else!

Hahahaha take that umbrella!

OUCH. Apron bumps always look rough.

This has good heat for a feud of two small guys. I wish the X-Division and ROH would take note.

Daivari's going hard on Gentleman Jack.

I'm really liking this a lot.

This is quite good.

How many umbrellas are there!?

A real battle they've got going on here.

HOLY SHIT. Daivari's out for blood!

WOW. Just, really solid work all around.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment