Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2017

Elimination Chamber Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown special event.

-- Kickoff:
- Panel discussion:
Wow. Even Carmella got booked on this show. What does that say about Jack Swagger's place in WWE right now?

I was wondering when Ellsworth would show up.

- Becky interview:
She's pretty fun.

I hope Becky has a good future ahead of her. She's talented.

- Burying JBL:
HAHA THEY'RE HAVIN FUN MAGGLE I LOVE IT.

- Mojo vs. Hakwins:
Curt stalling because this is probably the only TV time he'll be getting this month.

Mojo does a good enough job for where he is on the card.

Awkward moment with Hawkins looking to throw Mojo into the barricade.

Curt's a fine wrestler. He's got the basics down pat.

Mojo seems to be getting better.

Fine warmup match!

-- Elimination Chamber:
- Mickie vs. Becky:
I'm liking this opening work.

Mickie hasn't lost a step at all.

Becky isn't toying around.

Mickie looking to make sure we don't forget her. I'd be upset to if I was replaced by Maryse, Kelly Kelly, Eva Marie, etc.

Solid work going around.

Pretty good! I hope we see more from these two.

- Carmellsworth:
I wonder if this is leading to anything tonight or just more fun.

- Crews/Kalisto vs. Ziggler:
Kalisto might should try to get drafted to 205 Live at this rate.

I hope Apollo is able to surpass Ziggler at some point. He'll need to show more charisma and such, but he's got potential.

I like Dolph's aggression. He's pissed.

I was hoping Kalisto wouldn't go down that easily.

Obviously the pre-match attack didn't do too much damage given how he's suddenly flipping around.

That was OK for what it needed to be.

- Post-match:
Ziggler's a jobber, but he's an ANGRY jobber!! Don't mess with him.

I'm just waiting for a higher-level babyface to wreck Dolph's shit and permanently cement him as a Kickoff show level guy.

- Tag Team Turmoil:
-- Slater/Rhyno vs. Breezango:
Pretty good work to start things off.

I liked Slater and Rhyno as champs. I'm glad they're continuing as a team.

Breezango are solid performers. Either man could be IC Champion if WWE wanted to feature them at that level.

Rhyno's still getting cheers for the Gore all these years later.

-- Slater/Rhyno vs. Vaudevillains:
Yeah, they better get the advantage while they can.

Slater's done good things in the roles they've given him.

Gore count: two.

Another fine win from the babyfaces.

-- Slater/Rhyno vs. Usos:
Shit just got real. This won't be an easy win for the faces after two falls.

I like the heel Usos. It's a shame it took so long for something new from them.

Good ending. The faces had been worn down so much they were easy pickings.

-- Usos vs. A. Alpha:
Oh I'm liking this already. The Usos not wasting any time.

The Usos have a real mean streak.

Gable's a great face in peril. I'd totally watch Angle/Gable/Jordan vs. Rikishi/Usos at WM33. No way does it happen, though.

I love the champs. They're great.

Nice counter to Grand Amplitude.

Good ending.

-- Usos attack:
BAH GAWD ENOUGH IS A DAMN NOUGH!!!

THIS IS UNCALLED FOR! RING THE DAMN BELL!

-- A. Alpha vs. Ascension:
Kind of sad the only way these two would be a threat to the champs is after that big attack.

Hahahahaha they still can't win.

I do like Konnor and Viktor being destructive monsters (like when they first got called up). This gimmick isn't a good fit for them, but they make the most of it when they get a chance.

Nice win for the champs. Glad we didn't see a title change. Alpha vs. Revival at WM33?

- Nikki vs. Natalya:
Pheewwwwww. Let's get this over with. Both are good wrestlers, just overexposed.

At least this has some good fire.

Trying REALLY hard to make it seem like they really dislike each other.

This whole thing is trying too hard.

Ha. At least Natalya's doing a lot of heel work here. I liked the shots at the other Bellas.

HOW WILL NIKKI OVERCOME THE ODDS!!???

Oh, wow. I expected Nikki to get the win. Glad we got something different.

- Post-match:
Ha. That's what happens when you whine about how your match went.

Maybe Natalya can run Nikki off Smackdown entirely.

- Orton/Bray promo:
I'm going to miss the Family as an act, but it's worth trying something new.

- Orton vs. Harper:
This is a big fight already! I hope Harper has something big at WM33 if he's not involved in a title match.

I love a good fight.

Ahhhhh the Orton chinlock.

Luke's definitely got some incredible skills.

Harper's got a chance to really get a big win here.

Orton's a really solid competitor.

Luke ALMOST had him. They're telling a great story here.

I'm liking the trading of blows.

Pretty good overall.

- Nikki/Natalya/Maryse:
Here we go again.

So there's the spark to start Nikki's next feud.

- Alexa vs. Naomi:
I like the story of Bliss taking her lightly, but Naomi not having any of it.

This is more believable than the overwrought Total Divas feud.

Naomi's making the most of her chances here.

I would have bought the Rear View ending it. This has been good.

Haha Alexa's really come into her own as a heel.

OH MAN what a kick when Alexa came off the top.

This is pretty great. Alexa has stepped up her game. Maybe she can give some lessons to Carmella?

NICE win for the new champ. And she did it clean!

- Naomi interview:
Great moment. I'm glad she's getting to be champion. She's put in a lot of work to get here.

- More Carmellsworth:
Come on, Dasha, take a hint already! Carmella vs. Dasha at Mania.

- Elimination Chamber:
-- Cena vs. Styles:
I think these two could have a legendary match at WM33 if they got a chance. It'd take about five finisher kickouts to beat the last times, though.

I'm glad AJ's getting to be at this level in WWE.

-- Cena vs. Styles vs. Ambrose:
I can't wait to see what wacky antics he has in store in this match!

I like the story of Dean being fresh and taking advantage of the two guys who have fought for five minutes.

What a wacky dive!!!!

-- Cena vs. Styles vs. Ambrose vs. Bray:
Bray picking his spots.

AJ needs to be careful with all this flying. He's in a dangerous environment.

I liked Styles avoiding Cena by grabbing the chains.

Ohhhhh man this could get wild up there.

Big Bump John. OUCH.

This is a pretty big fight. I'm glad they didn't try to do a tag team chamber, too.

Bray and Dean always collide in a big way. Damn.

Big Tower of Doom spot. I liked it.

-- Cena vs. Styles vs. Ambrose vs. Bray vs. Corbin:
It's good to be Miz right about now.

Baron's made for this kind of environment.

I'm liking Corbin here.

Baron looks pretty strong here.

Corbin vs. Ambrose in some kind of hardcore match at WM33 would be lovely.

Pretty good here.

-- Cena vs. Styles vs. Ambrose vs. Bray vs. Corbin vs. Miz:
Hahahahaha Miz wants no part of the Lone Wolf. I don't blame him!

Good way to eliminate Baron. He could be big.

-- Cena vs. Styles vs. Ambrose vs. Bray vs. Miz:
Dean Ambrose is a damn government mule right now. Jesus.

BAH GAWD RING THE DAMN BELL! I hope this leads to an asylum match or something at WM33. Time to get HARDCORE.

Hahahahahaha based Miz. I miss him as a main eventer.

-- Cena vs. Styles vs. Bray vs. Miz:
Miz honoring the legacy of Daniel Bryan. If it wasn't for Miz's coaching, that rookie would have never made it in WWE!

This is pretty fun. I'm glad they're not wiping Miz out so soon.

Oh, man. I was hoping we'd get some more of WWE Title contender Miz.

-- Cena vs. Styles vs. Bray:
I like AJ and Bray teaming up. Both have a history with Cena.

Well, I spoke a little too soon about them working together, huh?

God, watch Cena beat both of them.

Bray's been lucky people haven't gone for pinfalls right after finishing moves.

Nice counter to Cena's AA by Styles.

More good action from Big Match John and That Guy From Atlanta.

I don't know how good of an idea it was to fly off the top of the pod this late in match, but it seems to have worked with taking his opponents out.

WOW. I expected Cena to be involved in the last pinfall, since now it's just two heels.

-- Styles vs. Bray:
Bray mauling the smaller man.

And AJ using what brought him to the dance in order to turn things around.

This is good. I'd like to see it as its own match at some point.

Styles still pulling out big moves this late in the game is impressive.

NIIIIICE ending. Glad to see Bray as the new champ. Maybe now he'll be a believable main eventer.

-- Post-match:
I liked this. Mania should really be something. I hope Luke ends up involved, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment