Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 1/31/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- Smackdown:
- AJ/Bryan/Shane/Ambrose:
So, Cena can walk right in and demand a title shot but AJ has to get his rematch in the Elimination Chamber?

I was hoping Harper would get the sixth spot. Oh, well. Who's going to fight for the IC Title on the show then?

Dean tries too hard.

- Cena/Wyatt/Orton/Harper:
Talk about a man with a legacy.

Wow. Good for Cena to put AJ over for hanging in there with the legend.

So, is AJ going to turn face? That would be weird.

Yeah, no rest for the weary. He could only be champion for two weeks!

I'd like to see Bray get the win on Cena.

I REALLY hope we see Wyatt with the title.

I like Randy wanting to cleanse the world of his old rival.

That light trick goes both ways, I see.

HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA PLAYAS!!!!

- Cena/Harper vs. Bray/Orton:
I'd believe Cena beating both opponents on his own given how he's been booked before.

Harper's got something to prove after what happened among the Family.

I like Luke a lot.

This is pretty fun between Bray and Luke.

This would be a great setup to attack John. Just saying.

I'm loving the combination of Bray and Orton.

Cena's wrestled Orton enough to know how to counter an RKO.

I'm enjoying this overall.

Nice counter to the AA. Echoes my point earlier.

Funny for Harper to try his own Sister Abigail.

Really good ending to put the champ in danger.

- Carmellsworth:
I assume Carmella's playing No Chin.

- Carmella vs. Delilah:
Carmella has good enough intangibles to make up for her lack of technical skills.

Ha. Carmella almost lost.

Wow. It's taking them both to beat this woman?

Fine enough I guess.

- Ziggler vs. Kalisto:
Fine work so far.

Crazy to see Kalisto hanging with a former World Champion.

Solid work overall.

WHOA! A superkick ending a match in 2017!!!????

- Post-match:
Why do you even need his mask, Dolph? I'm pretty sure you can buy one on WWE.com.

- Naomi/Becky:
Fine enough. I do wish they would have put over Mickie's legacy. Like, who could ever forget the work she did laying the groundwork for people like Becky?

That was pretty solid overall.

- Alexa/Mickie vs. Naomi/Becky:
Becky's on a mission! That title was important to her.

Nice work from Becky and Naomi. They go together pretty well.

OOOOUUUCCCCCHHHH bouncing off the ropes never looks fun. They're steel cables!

Mickie picking up right where she left off. She hasn't lost a beat.

I'm liking Alexa here, too.

Becky getting her heat back on Mickie.

Nice stuff going into break. Good to have a veteran like Mickie around to work with the newer names.

I'm liking Mickie's mean side.

I'm really impressed with Mickie. She's making the most of her shot here.

This is all really solid.

Naomi's fired up!

Good ending! Naomi's athleticism and drive are really paying off with the smaller roster.

- A. Alpha promo:
I like them throwing down the gauntlet. I have a feeling they're about to get a lot challengers for the Chamber match.

- Open Challenge:
Yep, let's just get this out of the way and have everyone show up at once!

Hahahaha yeah just have them all fight for a bit to sell the match. Fine by me.

I love that they're still fighting after break! That's a lot of people to separate!

That's a good brawl.

- Bryan/Natalya/Nikki:
This feud has been the lowlight of Smackdown lately.

Yes, yes, yes, we get it. No new ground is being broken here. Just the same talking points.

At least that was relatively short and painless.

- Neville promo:
I'm excited to see what his next step is.

- Styles vs. Ambrose:
I like Dean showing some amateur skill instead of just going full crazy all the time.

I love a solid mat game to start things up.

NICE to see submissions from the LUNATIC FRINGE MAGGLE.

This is pretty solid.

I really enjoy what AJ brings to the table.

Hey, Baron Corbin didn't really have anything else to do, so he might as well come out here.

Styles is a top guy for a reason.

Ambrose is doing pretty well here. It's good to see him at this level instead of as WWE Champion. He was lacking something in that run.

This is solid. Ambrose has got a lot of energy.

I'm liking the avoidance of signature moves.

Styles has grown from being a vanilla spots guy to being a ring general. I'm impressed.

I don't hate the rebound clothesline as much as a suicide dive, tower of doom, or Giant Swing, but it's definitely getting there.

Ha. It finally broke down at ringside.

Ambrose doesn't care, man. He'll fight anyone!

Pretty solid overall. Styles played him good. That's why you focus on your opponent!!

- Post-match:
NICE. I love some chaos.

This is for everyone who complained about Corbin vs. Cena; he just laid out two former WWE Champions.

Styles smartly getting out of dodge. This should be a pretty fun Chamber match.

-- 205 Live: 
- Nese vs. Dorado:
HOW MANY TIMES ARE WE GOING TO SEE THIS MATCH????? I'm ready to see some new faces. HoHo Lun and the Bollywood Boyz might be green, but with so few people on this show and so many matches between Raw, 205 Live and Main Event, I think they need more hands on deck. Having some Smackdown action on Main Event would help, too.

At least Lince didn't start off with flips.

Good back and forth here.

Dorado can fly pretty well.

I like what Nese brings to the table. He has a really good foundation.

Nese being methodical here. Ground the smaller man and wear him out.

Dorado is agile like a cat alright.

A mask in a non-lucha promotion can really be a liability in the ring.

Good ending.

- Post-match:
BAH GAWD THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR!!! YOU WON THE DAMN MATCH, TONY!!!

That German suplex spot into the turnbuckles is SO deadly.

Looks like we're in for TJP vs. Nese. Should be good.

- Swann/Neville:
I liked his line about how he got injured. I'm guessing he gets a rematch at Fastlane.

I am excited to see Gentleman Jack again.

Nice heat. I can go for another round of this. I am curious who will face Neville at WM33.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH. Take that, Rich.

- Metalik promo:
I was wondering when we'd see him again.

- Tozawa vs. Solow:
AHHHH YEEESSSSS. Loving this already.

Tozawa taking no prisoners!

This is good so far.

Akira's a really talented guy, for sure.

And that's all she wrote! Good match.

- Tozawa promo:
Zeb Colter wouldn't approve of this.

- Neville/Dar/Alicia:
I like the king putting Noam in his place. Pay homage, peasant!

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH Neville just sonning EVERYONE tonight.

- Neville/Dar vs. Cedric/Gallagher:
Hahahaha Neville's not someone you want to mess with.

I like Gallagher being able to win while still being entertaining.

Good work on Jack's arm.

This is solid!

Everyone involved can work well.

Gallagher's always a lot of fun to watch. Cedric is a really solid technician.

Neville's attacks are quite targeted.

I'm liking this action all around.

Heels working as heels. I like it.

Hahahah I don't think Neville's going to take this much longer.

Man. Neville just doesn't get along with anyone, does he!?

Cedric does what he does well.

Nice teamwork to beat Noam. If I'm him, I'm going after the champ next week after that abandonment. A revolt against the king!!

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment