Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 2/21/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.

-- Smackdown:
- Bryan/Naomi/Bliss:
I'm already pretty excited for Wrestlemania. But, yes, I'm pretty much a WWE mark.

Uh-oh. Things look bad for Naomi.

Naomi definitely put in work to show she's more than just a good hand.

Weird parallels with Bryan having to give up a title.

Oh they're doing the 30 days thing again. Yet, I'm sure Brock or Goldberg won't do that if one of them walks out of WM33 as Universal Champion.

Man, this is tough for Naomi.

Like, REALLY tough.

I was wondering when we'd see Alexa take advantage of this.

Ahhh I love Alexa as a heel.

Hahahaha Alexa playing nice and innocent.

YYYEESSSS great move by Daniel.

Really good opening segment. I like Bryan as an authority figure a lot more than Stephanie. He's just there to get to the matches.

- Becky vs. Alexa:
Yeah, Alexa's not happy that she has to have a match to be champion again.

Becky's game to surprise the recent former champ.

Alexa's got a tough road ahead of her before she'll be champion again.

I'm liking the action here so far.

Good for Alexa for getting out of the ring then.

Becky's really fired up here.

Clever win. They had to call and audible in this situation, so we'll see what that means for Wrestlemania.

- Post-match:
Dang, Mickie was looking to make Becky's night even worse!!

- Ambrose/Kalisto/Miz:
That was better than most Dean promos, although he's almost in a mood like nothing really matters. I guess that makes him cool to teenagers? I'm not sure.

Yeah, Kalisto should use this as practice for the Andre battle royal, because he's not going to be in a title match at Wrestlemania.

I would have watched Cena/Miz for the title at WM33 again. It's smart to keep Cena out of the title picture that night since he's taking time off right after the event.

- Natalya interview:
This is SSSSOOOOOO lame.

Please let this feud end soon.

- A. Alpha vs. Breezango:
Well at least Breeze and Fandango are making a go of it. They'll need every advantage they can get.

Hey, the heels are keeping on Jordan.

Welp, guys, you tried.

- Usos promo:
I'm liking this. They could have quite the showing at Wrestlemania.

- AJ/Ziggler/Mojo/Harper:
I love Heel AJ. He's really grown since he was the white bread babyface going for the NWA Title.

Ziggler trying really hard again.

Ha. No one believes Mojo will win, but it's good to give him the chance to work with really talented people.

I REEEEAAAALLLLYYYYY hope Harper gets the win. Bray vs. Harper vs. Orton sounds like a good move.

- Nikki interview:
Blah blah blah blah blah.

I wouldn't mind this angle so much if it didn't get so much TV time. Some people are just kind of hanging around with nothing to do while the "Total Divas" stars are all over the place.

- Natalya vs. Nikki:
WE FIGHT ON TUESDAY NIGHTS MARRO HAHA I LOVE IT.

Wait, a falls count anywhere match doesn't necessarily mean you can use weapons. It just means you can pin someone backstage or in the crowd or on the moon or wherever.

Well apparently it's a no-DQ match, too!

I just can't believe these two dislike each other. It's all way too "reality show" feeling.

That was a NICE Alabamaslam spot.

Oh yeah I miss when fights would spill backstage. The Hardcore Title was trash, but it was fun trash.

Man, Maryse just keeps ending up in the wrong place at the wrong time!

This is pretty fun.

NICE interference from Maryse. I liked the submission spot before that, too.

Fine win.

- Baron/Crews/Orton/Wyatt:
I'm ready for Baron and Dean to tear each other up at Wrestlemania.

Poor Apollo. He's a talented guy, but that's pretty much his whole gimmick at this point.

I'm enjoying the Bray/Orton dynamic. I hope Snek Man is playing The Eater of Worlds.

- Gallagher promo:
So, I love Gentleman Jack, but they're running the risk of overexposing him with how many segments he's in.

- Battle Royal:
I love Ambrose taking it right to Baron. He wants to win, but he also wants to injure Corbin.

I'm a sucker for this kind of match.

Nice elimination fakeouts.

Man, Ziggler's in peril a lot here.

Oh come on, Cena. You can AA Baron Corbin.

I'm liking Baron getting to shine here.

Ditto for Harper.

I was all set for Kalisto to beat Zigman again. Masks are a real hazard in wrestling, though.

Fun sequence with Ziggler and the chair.

Styles is the next guy to be destined to face Cena 1,000 times.

I hope Harper gets it done.

Ahhh I love Miz.

NICE double German from Big Strength John.

I LOVED Corbin surprising Cena off the shuffle. Smart.

This is a pretty chaotic match.

Oh, God. Are we going to have a three-way tie?

Ha. I'm questioning Ambrose's strategy there.

Styles vs. Harper is pretty fun.

That was a pretty cool ending! I'd be OK with Styles being in the title picture at WM33.

- Post-match:
I'm all for another round of AJ vs. Harper. I really wonder what the two of them do at Wrestlemania if they're not in the WWE Title picture.

I love Bray being the master manipulator and an actual top force.

-- 205 Live:
- Tozawa vs. Kendrick:
Poor Brian just can't find a protege on this show.

Akira showing what brought him to the dance.

I'm liking this so far.

Funny spot with Brian flinching from the expected chop.

Good to see two distinct strategies on display here.

I love the Captain's Hook. It fits Brian much better than Sliced Bread No. 2 in 2017.

Man, Brian's ruthless!

I like what both men bring to the table here.

Hahahaha what a douche move to win.

- Kendrick promo:
If I was Akira, I'd be kicking Brian's head off as soon as I got a chance.

Good lessons from the Man With a Plan.

- Noam interview:
This guy's great.

- Noam vs. Mustafa:
Mustafa's impressive, and Dar is wise beyond his years.

I'm OK with some flips here and there.

OOOOOHHHH hitting the apron face first has to hurt.

Dar can be pretty devious himself. He and Kendrick could be a good team.

I'm really liking the strategies on display. Glad to see the cruiserweight division taking this direction.

Good ending!

- Aries video:
Oh yeah, he's got to be coming back for Wrestlemania, right?

- Neville interview:
Yeah, Jack's going to regret messing with Neville.

- Gallagher promo:
I wish the Vaudevillains would have ended up something like this on the main roster.

- Gallagher vs. Nese:
Ahh good to see Tony back.

Jack definitely brings something different to 205 Live.

This is something else!

Yeah, Nese does flips and superkicks, but that's not all he's about.

More good work from both men.

NICE scouting of Jack's finisher.

WHOAAAAA what a German suplex!

Nice ending. Both men looked good.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment