Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Raw Reax - 2/27/17

Read on for my take on last night's Raw.

- Goldberg/Owens:
Still crazy to see him as a top act in 2017.

I like Bill getting right to the point. He's here to fight.

Owens definitely has a point about being there live each week. Of course, he works on the road each week, too.

I hope Owens has a big career ahead of him. This feud could really derail him.

Kevin has laid waste to quite a few names on the road to where he is now.

Owens beating Goldberg would be big. He'll be lucky to survive.

I'd like to see this be a street fight, personally.

Killing the Goldberg chant for good would be a tall order.

- New Day:
I love that these guys have gotten cereal and ice cream over. It's OK to market to kids sometimes.

At first I didn't get the reference, but the envelope gag was good enough. It was inevitable WWE would make that joke at some point tonight.

- Xavier/Big E vs. Rusev/Jinder:
Pretty good action to start.

Rusev's a house of fire. I hope once Goldberg, etc. are out of the way, he can be a top guy again.

Fun enough so far.

That was fine enough.

- Post-match:
Wait, they're going to break these two up already??? I'd be OK with Rusev destroying Jinder to get some momentum, but only if there's a plan after that.

- Enzo/Cass:
Hahaha Enzo's got his priorities right. Though I wonder, what would the reaction have been if he said he was going to pick up guys?

I hope Enzo and Cass can become tag champs at some point, but I don't see it happening right now.

- Sheamus/Cesaro/Joe:
Now there's a blast from the past.

NICE banter from the former ROH opponents.

I'm excited for a lot of Joe opponents, Sheamus among them. That could really be physical.

Interestingly enough, the only times they've faced one-on-one, Joe won both. Notably, the first was by DQ.

- Steph/Foley:
Oh God NOOOOOOOO not this again. At least Nikki and Natalya have good matches together. Neither of these two even get in the ring.

OOOHHHH always sticking it to Mick. Of course, his in-ring career continued after that. He had a few memorable matches after the "retirement."

Unless this leads to Foley getting Rollins to kick HHH's ass, there wasn't much point to Steph burying Mick.

- Kendrick promo:
Pretty good. Brian's solid as a character.

- Tozawa vs. Dar:
Akira's yelling is over.

Tozawa reminds me a bit of Joe. Just showing up and kicking ass in a very physical way.

Glad to see some cruisers look like badasses instead of people that could all be destroyed by Braun Strowman.

Noam is really skilled, but this is a showcase for Akira.

Good one.

- Post-match:
Nice attack from the devious former champion.

Akira's really got a tough nemesis tracking him down. 

- Joe/Foley:
MAN. I hope this leads to Joe choking Mick out in order to write him off to get that hip surgery. I mean, he already put Rollins on the shelf.

- Charlotte/Dana/Bayley/Sasha:
It's the "Charlotte and Charlotte's challengers" division. I fully expect a title change at Fast Lane.

I love Charlotte turning this around on Bayley and going through with a character attack.

OK, one Oscars reference was enough. The first one was funny. This one felt a little shoehorned in.

I definitely think Charlotte's going to leave a big impact with her 37 title reigns. She'll be remembered.

I do like Bayley getting some shine in all this. Unfortunately with her and Sasha on the same show, neither can be the top face they would otherwise be able to be.

Man. Poor Dana's totally lost in all this. She and Emma might want to call up Shane and Bryan.

- Bayley/Sasha vs. Charlotte/Nia:
I like the story of Nia and Sasha. It's tried-and-true.

Glad Nia's getting to be a beast. I still want a segment between her and Braun! Russo would have had her pregnant by him already.

Nia doesn't need to pull out death-defying moves to get over. She just needs to be a force of nature.

Nia turning on Charlotte and being the new top heel is a story waiting to happen.

I'm liking what they're doing here.

Dana was flown in to take one bump. I really liked her in NXT, but she's stalling big time.

They're telling a good story: Nia adds a different layer to all the athleticism.

I like all these competitors.

NICE ending sequence. Jax can effectively wreck shit.

- Foley/Braun:
I'm glad Commissioner Foley isn't joking around with Braun like he would have in 2000 or so.

Strowman could also be the guy to put Foley on the shelf for heat.

- Gallows vs. Cass:
Luke and Karl just kind of punch in, do big guy things, and leave. I'd like them more in ROH where they'd stand out more.

I hope Cass has a big run ahead of him at some point. He could be what Test and Lance Hoyt/Vance Archer didn't get to be.

Good work.

Simple enough to move the angle forward.

- Sheamus/Titus:
Haha Titus ever the opportunist.

- Sheamus vs. Titus:
A hossfest/brawl almost always works for me.

Titus, my man. You're in there with a former WWE/World Champion. Don't get distracted by the ref.

I think La La Land's Oscar win lasted longer than that!!

- Rollins/HHH:
How hard do you mark if Seth takes the brace off and bashes someone with the crutch?

Man, tough break for Seth. I wonder what they need to do to try to make sure he doesn't mess up that ligament a third time.

Poor Seth taking all the blame!

Hahaha how opportune for the COO to arrive!

Seth and Joe had a match way back in 2008. I think it's time for another when Rollins recovers.

HHH selling this like Rollins made a deal with the devil when working with him. I like it.

MAN. Hunter's laying into Seth.

MAAAAAAN. Rollins isn't even the future anymore?

Hmm, looks like they're going to set up Seth "calling out" Hunter at Mania rather than it being an actual match. So, they might get physical before a fuller match at Extreme Rules or so.

I'm excited for more from these two.

- Show vs. S. Stars:
I hope Shaq's watching! And working out. Show's not playing around ahead of what could be his last Wrestlemania.

Hell, Shaq might need a whole basketball team if he's going to stand up to Big Show.

Ahhh that was fun. Hey, Primo and Epico are getting paid to do this. They might not get a push, but they can feed themselves and pay their bills.

- Nese/Neville:
Neville basically dictating what Tony's going to do. The King has some balls.

I'm liking the cruiserweights having personalities. ROH, take note.

- Aries video:
I'm all for Neville vs. Austin at WM33 instead of a clustermess ladder match.

- Nese/Neville vs. TJP/Gallagher:
I love Neville's attitude.

Good action and good story. That's all I ask!

Neville doesn't have time for this shit. I love it.

Tony vs. Neville at WM33 as fallout from this works for me, too.

- Bayley/Sasha/Steph:
I definitely expect something to set up a multi-woman match at WM33. No way are Sasha and Bayley going to be BFFs for long.

Is there a rule to put an authority figure into every backstage segment? Sheesh.

- Joe vs. Cesaro:
Oh this is a fight already.

Cesaro manhandling people bigger than he is is impressive, but did it hurt Joe as a monster?

Cesaro always goes hard. I'll give him that.

I'm liking the battle here. Both men have a lot of tools at their disposal.

Joe taking the swing would be embarrassing.

That was solid! Both men are really talented.

- Joe/Zayn:
That was a good promo.

I like when we see Sami fired up.

I'm loving the big brawl here.

- Contract signing:
I'm glad Mick doesn't believe Roman would back out.

MAN. Strowman has no sympy for The Micker.

WWE will be burying Mick Foley on TV 30 years from now if they can get away with it.

Braun could snap Foley in half!

Oh yeah another fight!

Braun vs. Roman could be REALLY wild. Just an all-out slugfest.

Good God! They're going to have to kill each other before one will stay down.

Please make this a Last Man Standing match at WM33. I think I'd rather see that than Roman vs. Taker.

One hell of an ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment