Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 16, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 2/15/17

Read on for my take on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Authors vs. Spears/L. Anaoi:
Jesus Christ how many Anaois are there???

Haha I love the dominance here.

Good God these guys are wrecking balls.

- Post-match:
This gig must pay well for people to willingly be sacrificed by the champs. Who signs up for these matches!? It never ends well!

- Shinsuke update:
I really wonder what's next for Nakamura. He's got to be going to the main roster after Mania, right? I hope they put him on Smackdown since Raw got Joe and Balor.

- Billie/Peyton vs. Ember/Liv:
Yeah be careful letting someone pick their own partner. They might pick someone like Ember!

Billie's already a solid wrestler. I think she can be someone once she gets things moving.

Nice work so far. Billie and Peyton team up well and Ember's a star in the making.

I guess they had to let Liv in eventually.

This is pretty solid.

Nice ending! The heels are progressing well. Ember I guess is just hanging out for a bit before challenging Asuka.

- Strong/Jose:
Roddy's a pretty natural babyface.

I'm ready for more of this feud. It benefits everyone to work with Strong and Eric.

- #DIY/Ellering/Revival/Authors:
#DIY definitely had a big year. NXT got a lot of frequent flyer miles, too.

#DIY won't go down without a fight! Both men are tough as nails.

I love Ellering as the mouthpiece for the champs.

Pretty funny turn around.

The Revival have got to be close to coming to the main roster, right? I'm glad to see them mix it up with #DIY and the Authors, but they can contribute higher up, too.

- Seven package:
Glad to see some UK names in the mix. WWE's really stepped up their talent recruitment these past few years.

- Ohno package:
Oh I'm excited for this guy to be back in action. He's really torn things up on the indie scene.

- Regal:
Wait, what? Why no Billie Kay? And Liv LOST the match! What the hell, Regal? Billie better jump Morgan and take her place.

- Bate vs. Seven:
Oh I like Seven already.

Good personality on display here.

Seven's a tough dude.

Both men are already pretty solid.

Oh joy another guy who does a lot of European uppercuts. I didn't think you could do those after Brexit?

This is pretty impressive.

I'm liking this! Seven in particular is someone worth using more going forward.

This is AMAZING!

That was great! Yes, a lot of big moves kicked out of, but this was a showcase match. They pretty much had to pull out all the stops.

-- ROH: 
- Announcing:
This is pretty wild. Things are going to be more haphazard in what was shot at the most recent taping.

- Page vs. Sells:
Matt Sells is an awesome jobber name.

Glad to see Page kick some ass. I wish he'd stick with that instead of throwing in cutesy flips.

Thanks for coming, Sells.

- Post-match:
I don't see how anyone's going to be able to topple the Bullet Club at this rate.

- Page/Bucks/Cole/Cody/Lethal/Fish/White/Shelley/Rush:
Ahhh I like Heel Cody a lot. He makes most of the other ROH workers look like amateurs.

Yeah, I wish Lethal was headed to NXT to face new opponents, but I guess he's pretty comfortable being one of the few stars left in the company.

Man, Cody is chewing Lethal up!

I'm actually getting behind Bullet Club, though it's hard to take them too seriously as ass-kickers with all the flips.

Did they just pick some random dudes to be the cavalry? Why is Shelley here but not Sabin?

- Lethal/Fish vs. Cody/Cole:
I'd watch some combination of Cody, Cole, and Page vs. The Briscoes.

Glad this is starting off like a fight.

I hope Fish gets a push with some of the other names leaving.

I'm liking this so far.

The heels work together pretty well. I want to see more of them as a duo.

Man. I've missed Heel Cody. Why'd this guy have to be Stardust for so long?

This is just solid all over.

Fish is impressing here.

Lethal's a B+ player. He earns that plus, though.

MAN! This is quite the match! Glad it's going long.

That was a really solid ending sequence. Fish definitely deserves a title shot after tapping Cole out.

- Post-match:
Haha they're still fighting! I'm wondering if Cody vs. Lethal will wrap up Cody's run in the company or if he'll find some more opponents.

- Castle/Boys:
Here's another guy who needs to be pushed in 2017.

- M. Briscoe interview:
Next week's main event is going to be a big one.

- Kazarian interview:
Big stuff. I like the story of Daniels going for the big one or going out in a blaze of glory. ROH is really going to be missing something when Daniels retires; I hope that's not imminent.

- M. Briscoe vs. Rinauro:
Hey, if everyone else is doing flips, do dance moves!

Mark already shoving this fool around.

The Briscoes are solid wrestlers. I can't help but think they're wasting their time in ROH, but they have outside endeavors to deal with so they're not going to head to Orlando to join NXT.

This guy's not bad, but Mark's an important guy for a reason.

Nice win.

- Fish promo:
This awkward "my more successful partner left" thing.

Wow. Way to bury the TV title. He's not even in the mix for the belt, is he?

- Castle/Boys vs. Rebellion:
This is fun so far.

Castle's underrated.

I'm glad ROH can have something fun like what Dalton brings to the table.

This has been good going into break. I was wondering when we'd see Colt show up! I want to see more of him.

The Rebellion are all talented guys. I'd like to see Kenny King get a shot in NXT/WWE at some point.

Nice to see the heels take it to the smaller Boys, who are theoretically not in their league given how much The Rebellion have wrestled.

Yeah, sometimes you want to do a vertical suplex ASAP instead of showing off.

I like Dalton's Germans.

This is pretty fun!

That ended up being pretty good for that style of match.

- Post-match:
Ugh. The Kingdom. Somehow they're even more boring than the previous Kingdom, even if you don't include Cole.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment