Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Raw Reax - 2/20/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Opening:
I wish they would have started with graphics/videos for Steele and Koloff, but sadly Koloff was involved with a potential legal battle with WWE when he passed and that's going to mar things a bit.

- Owens:
Glad they're starting with the champion. After that big ending last week, he should be really important.

Hahaha nice part about expecting to be champion but not facing Goldberg. It does sound farfetched given Goldberg's issues with returning.

Finally we're seeing serious KO again.

Man. Burying Goldberg AND WCW. Weird that the Dubya Cee Dubya guy is the one we're supposed to cheer for.

I hope Kevin is a big deal going forward. He's put in a lot of work.

I LOVED the heat Kevin got there.

Wow. Jericho just got sonned, too. Big moment for KO.

- Enzo/Cass promo:
Smart move to have something light after that scorching opening.

- Enzo/Cass vs. Sheamus/Cesaro:
This is a nice combination of styles.

I'm enjoying Sheamus/Cesaro as a team.

Cass and Enzo have become a pretty solid unit.

Cesaro finally showing some personality. That was funny.

Man, the team of Sheamus and Cesaro has been a pleasant surprise. I'm glad they've stuck together after 1,000 matches against each other.

Oh MAN Enzo getting caught by that European uppercut was brutal.

Cesaro's skilled. Glad to see what he's showing us.

Good ending.

- Post-match:
Don't get too cocky there, Enzo.

Well this one's not over!

- Owens/Foley:
The champ walking around like he can call his own shots.

Kevin could REALLY make an example of his old rival tonight. Sami's the go-to "take an ass kicking guy" on Raw.

- Foley/Reigns:
That was a nice, quick setup for a match. They didn't need terrible comedy or Stephanie getting herself over.

- Kendrick/Tozawa:
Ha. Brian turning the handshake into a heel move like a true pro.

Brian's just a mean guy. I think that did more than a five-minute match of MOVES.

- Kendrick promo:
I love, love, love when heels feel justified in their actions and rationalize them. So true to life.

- Reigns vs. Club:
I would so watch Roman and Braun destroy these two. It wouldn't make a lot of sense and it could hurt the champs, but it'd be enjoyable.

Roman has no time for NJPW alumni. He already beat AJ.

Glad they could finally get him down when they worked together.

Karl and Luke make good heavies.

Ha. Don't bring a chair into things unless you're willing to chance it being used on you.

- Post-match:
Hahahaha Roman's not playing around. WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUES CLUB.

- New Day promo:
I love New Day's irreverence.

New Day as the hyenas in Lion King needs to happen. That would be fun.

They better have ice cream at Mania.

- Rusev/Jinder vs. Big E/Kofi:
The somewhat random pairing of Rusev and Jinder has paid off well so far.

Big E on a tear! Good.

WWHHHHOOOAAAAA big move from Kofi.

Hahaha I'm glad the tablet came into play again.

Nice ending.

- Steele video:
I was not ready for these feels. There was definitely only one George Steele.

- Cruisers contract signing:
I really hope we get Aries vs. Neville at Mania. That could be AMAZING.

I like Jack a lot. I just hope they don't overexpose him. They need to make some other compelling characters, too.

Haha. Neville's a man of business.

Neville's got a point about Gallagher being a trope.

I like the parallels between Neville being the one appeasing the crowd by being a spectacle and now Jack's doing that in a different way.

Neville's good. He's really stepped it up as a heel. "Guy who does the Red Arrow" really wasn't much of a character.

Nice fight! This match should be good.

- Jax vs. Pierce:
As much as I like Nia, she can't do much on Raw because WWE wants Charlotte to be top heel instead.

Fine enough destruction. Why does anyone think they have a chance against Nia? Do they just want to get it over with soon and take the paycheck or are all these local jobbers delusional?

- Nia promo:
I'm ready for that title feud. As great as Charlotte is, we've seen plenty of her lately.

- Bayley/Steph/Sasha:
I like Bayley's character for the most part.

Oh look it's Stephanie being the center of attention again.

I do like the screws Steph is putting to Bayley here. She's a talented heel, but I think Charlotte should have been the one interrupting Bayley.

Ha. Stephanie getting us to Charlotte's next title reign as soon as possible. I definitely think they're going to try to get her to 16 reigns at some point.

I wish Bayley or Sasha would step up to Stephanie.

Sasha's a pretty good face.

I like Stephanie insinuating Sasha is playing Bayley, but couldn't Charlotte cut this promo?

Nice babyface moment for Bayley.

Gaaahhhhh even the centerpiece of the division has to play second fiddle to Stephanie.

Nice setup for this next match,

- Charlotte vs. Sasha:
I wouldn't mind Stephanie drafting Sasha so she gets out of this never-ending feud. Really, though, Charlotte should be the one who switches shows since she's faced so many people.

Nice intensity.

I hope Sasha doesn't get hurt again.

These two make good music together.

This is what it looks like when two talented rivals face off.

NICE Meteora spot. That was pretty.

Damn it, Dana. Can't you do anything right? It might be time to go back to Emma.

Nice ending. I'm guessing we're in for a triple threat at Fast Lane.

- Zayn interview:
DESTINED TO DO THIS FOREVER.

I hope we see Owens and Joe collide again. That could be a war.

Nice fire from Sami after being the goofball lately.

- Joe/Sami:
Man, Sami just can't catch a break!

Joe the Destroyer in full effect here.

I can't believe we're actually seeing Samoa Joe as a monster force in WWE. That would have seemed unthinkable years back. He got to keep his name and everything.

- Owens vs. Sami:
Zayn has a death wish!

Kevin just mauling his old rival.

Good ending!

- Koloff graphic:
I wish we got more for Ivan's passing given his importance in wrestling history.

- Steph/Mick:
NNNNNOOOOOOO. Please end this soon. Set up Foley going on break already.

Was that a confirmation of Seth missing Wrestlemania? There was some hope of him being able to make that date.

I'd mark for Joe choking Foley out to send him off, given the endorsements Mick has made of him.

- Heyman/Brock interview:
I'd watch the hell out of Brock vs. Owens.

I like Paul somewhat endorsing KO while still putting over his own client.

I'm ready for Goldberg's next steps.

- Reinforcing the ring:
Good selling of how big of a clash this is.

- Show vs. Strowman:
I hope Braun does become a successful monster.

I'm liking the jockeying for position going on here.

Glad to see Show moving around so well.

I'm enjoying this spectacle.

Dang. Show's the best he's been in quite some time.

Nice to see Strowman survive the chokeslam.

Braun slamming Show would be pretty good.

WWWHHHHOOOAAAAAA. When was the last time someone kicked out of the punch? They're really putting Braun over here.

NICE. I'm liking Frankenstein's monster here.

Good work.

- Roman vs. Braun:
Fast Lane is really going to be something.

Braun's pretty impressively mobile for his size.

Good ending. All Hail Braun Strowman. A new monster for a new age.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment