Total Pageviews

Friday, February 24, 2017

Impact Wrestling Reax - 2/23/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

- #BROKEN Hardys:
This continues to feel like the BROKEN Hardys show featuring some other people. Things are going to be really weird if the Hardys don't sign new deals or the new regime changes things up.

This is some of the weirdest shit I've ever seen. I'm starting to get borrowed nostalgia for those silly WCW vignettes.

I can only imagine where this is all headed.

- Cody/Brandi/Moose:
I would have believed Cody was done with Impact given his appearances in ROH and NJPW.

No way is this going to end well for Moose.

So, can Moose join ROH's Bullet Club if Cody calls him up? I think I'd be down for that.

Man. Cody's a jerk!

OH MAN. He's doing everything he can to make up for being Stardust.

I hope we see more of Cody in Impact. He's been great in ROH.

- Eli/Tyrus video:
I'm a fan of when feuds have something more tangible at stake than "title contention" or whatever.

- Eli promo:
Ahhh, I'm loving Drake when he's in relatively small doses.

- Tyrus vs. Eli:
Hahahaha yeah good luck there Eli.

I'm OK with this being more of an angle than a match.

It's a great night to be a heel in Impact Wrestling.

That was pretty good. Sometimes story matters more than the actual wrestling.

- Post-match:
Don't believe him Tyrus!!

- Maria/Sienna/Laurel:
I hope they quit while they're ahead and tonight's the blowoff to all of this.

- #BROKEN Hardys:
Hahahahahahaha WHAT?

I think Matt's just seeing what Impact will let them do at this point. Fine by me.

- Jade/Rosemary:
I like the clear contrast here. It's not "wrestler from place vs. wrestler from place." They have more story and personality than that.

I mean, what else can they put each other through?

This should be interesting. How literal is the soul thing? I wouldn't put anything past BROKEN Hardys era Impact. It could be pretty fun for Gail or someone to have to win Jade's soul back.

- Sutter/Bennett:
I'm ready for a big ending to this. There's potential for something pretty crazy to go down.

- Bram vs. Godderz:
DCC doesn't really look all that dominant. I guess the story is they're only a threat when they all work together and get a jump on their opponents.

Bram's a believable badass.

Godderz is impressive enough.

Wow. DCC really looked unimpressive there. Jessie got them good.

- Hardys in Mid-Atlantic:
I like the idea that the Hardys have to actually earn a title match.

Well, that was weird. And not in the usual Hardys way. More in the "why did those guys give up their title shot?" way.

- Braxton/Allie:
I assume this wedding farce will end with these two together. I hope so, because this has been going on quite some time.

- Back In Mid-Atlantic:
I'd be upset people were coming into my territory and demanding a title shot, too!

I'd be OK with never hearing "this is a shoot" on wrestling TV again.

Fun enough match while it lasted.

They're going to need a bigger boat!!

- Barnett vs. Bones:
Odd that they flew Klinger from Germany for these tapings.

OK, I'm liking this so far.

OOOUUUCCCCHHHH. Don't try a powerbomb if you're not a trained wrestler.

Nice ending. Barnett sticking to his bread and butter or strikes and submissions is the right move.

- Post-match:
I'm good with this direction, as Lashley has sonned everyone in TNA. I assume Moose will come for the gold at some point.

- Lee vs. Z:
This is the right move for the division. Instead of throwing everyone in one match, focus on some at a time.

Z making the right move trying to get the early advantage.

That Frankensteiner was a work of art. Unfortunately it was Dada.

Lee plays the animal pretty well.

This isn't bad. Z is pretty much Flippy McGuy No. 777, but he does that effectively.

Fine to set up a next match.

- Post-match:
That dastardly DJ Z attacking a non-wrestling.

Spot monkeys stick together, I guess.

- Maria/Braxton:
Well, let's see what this is all building to.

- Wedding:
Hahahaha Bennett's the most entertaining I've ever seen him as the goofball.

OH MY GOD SPUD AND REX. Genius.

Poor Allie!!

Hahahaa this is great for how ridiculous it is.

I like Laurel in her role well enough.

Maria smart to pre-empt the "does anyone have any objections" part.

Fun. Braxton finally had enough.

Ahhh true love prevails.

So, wait, is Allie out of Impact or is someone else going to hire her?

This is crazy! Everyone's fighting everyone!!

I loved the crowning moment of Braxton with Allie.

Hahahaha that did end up being pretty fun.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment