Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Raw Reax - 2/13/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

- Steph/Roman/Club:
Since this is happening in Vegas, can Steph stay in Vegas?

I wonder if Foley missed this show for health reasons. Hopefully after Mania they do something to write him off.

Actually write Stephanie off, too. Have someone else run the show. Nigel?

Yeah Braun's going to kill Henry.

At least we're seeing some new names being pushed with Karl and Luke holding a title.

Ha. I'd watch Roman squash them both, but it wouldn't be good for their credibility.

I hope Stephanie botching a TAG TEAM MATCH PLAYA for a handicap match was an intentional heel move.

Roman not wasting any time!!!

- Roman vs. Club:
Well at least he didn't beat them during break. You'd think that would happen every once in a while.

Karl and Luke aren't a bad team at all. They've definitely worked together a lot.

Oh Roman's on a tear now.

I'm going to feel bad for the champs if they lose here.

Eh. Fine enough. I'd like to see Karl and Luke as hired muscle for someone.

- Post-match:
Yeah Roman's not having any of this.

- List video:
The List might be more over than Vanguard-1 as far as inanimate objects in wrestling go. More people definitely know about The List.

- New Day promo:
I love the inside references. I miss the Outcasts.


- Bo vs. Kofi:
They better deliver ice cream this time. We've been fooled before!

Poor Bo. It's not his night.

That was OK for a really quick match. It kept New Day on TV this week.

- Neville/Gallagher:
Neville throwing all that shade.

Fast Lane should be fun, even if it's pretty much a sure thing the champ returns.

- Noam vs. Gallagher:
Fine work early.

I like the technical skill on display here.

Both men are clearly experienced. WWE recruited well.

That was fun! Good work by both of them.

- Post-match:
The King has a pretty sour disposition.

- Emmalina:
I've really missed Emma.


I hope that means they're dropping this gimmick.

- Bayley interview:
Big night for the former NXT Women's Champ.

That was pretty good.

- JeriKO/HHH:
God they're really dragging out the JeriKO stuff tonight. It's not even 9:00!

- Braun vs. Henry:
I'm guessing this goes about three minutes.

I do like a big hoss battle. Mark needs to pass the torch.

Fun for what it is.

WHOA. Didn't expect a dropkick from Braun.

There we go.

- Strowman/Reigns:
Oh this is going to be a lot of fun. Just a big battle of force.

- Bayley/Sheamus/Cesaro/Enzo/Cass:
Interesting enough. I guess these two face off at Fast Lane with the winners challenging for the titles.

- Joe interview:
Look, Cole, this guy's been busting his ass for more than 15 years to make it to WWE. He's going to do what it takes to get to the big leagues.

Ooooh. Joe taking a big Mania payday from Seth is seriously evil.

Cole poking the bear. Joe could choke him out, too.

DAMN. Sami Zayn is just everyone's favorite target lately. I do want to see Sami get a better character.

Yeah, HHH just doesn't get along with anyone, does he? How long until he discards Joe, too?

That was good.

- Rusev vs. Zayn:
Solid action to start off.

Oh, come on. Like Sami could force Rusev back in the ring.

Rusev is a beast in his own right.

I'm liking this a lot.

Solid work by both men.

I like the story of Sami using Rusev's bullish attitude against him.

Wow. I didn't see Sami winning.

- Sami/Joe:
GOD these "wins and losses and titles are so important you guys!" promos are awful.

I'm curious what Zayn will do at Mania. I haven't heard of him being in anything specific.

Joe vs. Zayn should be good.

- Tozawa vs. Ariya:
Good work already. I'm glad we're seeing more styles on display in WWE now.

Akira's really impressive, and Daivari's pretty seasoned.

Pretty good! Maybe we'll see a longer match on 205 Live?

- Festival of Friendship:
I'm glad this isn't closing the show. I'm about ready to tear my hair out seeing these two.

Hahahahahahaha what the fuck was that artwork?

Oh my God. This is great for how dumb it is.

Hahaha. This is some This Is Your Life shit.

Jericho vs. Goldberg works for me. They've got a pretty good history.

YYYYEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! I've missed Gillberg a LOT.

WHOA. Gillberg didn't fare so well for such a long-reigning champion.

Can we get Ralphus next? Please, Chris.

This is starting to go long, but it's been well acted.

Hahahaha Owens' gift.

OH SHIT!

BAH GAWD KEVIN THAT MAN WAS YOUR BEST FRIEND!!!

Man. Jericho got a pretty serious ass-kicking.

- Enzo/Cass:
Ahhh I love Enzo.

- Enzo vs. Cesaro:
Yeah you're not going to beat Cesaro in a wrestling match. Smart to not lock up.

Cesaro's something else as a wrestler.

That was fun! And no Swing!!

- Charlotte/Sasha:
Umm yeah Sasha you've choked against Charlotte a lot now.

- Charlotte vs. Bayley:
Good action to start.

These two have been trained well.

I love chain wrestling.

Bayley's having a big moment here.

Damn. Charlotte's just all out vicious here.

Just straight up good wrestling.

I like that Charlotte has homages to her dad without being Rule 63 Ric Flair.

I'm liking the story here. Charlotte is willing to get rough to retain her title. It's not just about "having a good match."

This is going pretty well.

The action's really heating up. I like it.

Who else forgot Dana Brooke still worked here?

Nice counter to the Figure Four.

Sasha straight savage right now.

Whoa! Big win for Bayley. I hope she takes a lot of pictures with the title because she'll probably lose it back at Fast Lane.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment