Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Takeover:XXV Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.
-- Pre-show:
- Breeze/Dream panel:
Sam embracing his heel side.

- UE and Gargano arrive:
Um yeah leaving your keys isn't smart.

- Ciampa on the panel:I wonder where things go with him given that scary initial diagnosis.

That NXT title has a target on it.

-- Takeover: XXV:
- Riddle vs. Strong:I like this start.

Good technique followed by good physicality. Nice work.

Strong's abilities are off-the-charts.

Very evenly matched. I like it.

Riddle coming across like a future star here. Keep an eye on him.

Wowwwww Riddle doing some notable finishers.

This is a war.

BADASS. Riddle's really showing potential, and Strong has been great for quite a while now.

- Ladder match:
Good start.

Good action here.

I like UE selecting just the right ladder.

OUCH that suicide dive.

This is definitely more fun than a standard Raiders match. More talents get a chance to shine.

OH MY GOD those German suplexes!!

Good to have a crazy plunder match here and there.

Some smooth teamwork here.

Pretty serious powerbomb spot. UE have collectively given a LOT of their bodies to wrestling.

NICE plancha holy shit.

I'm loving this.

Big win for the Profits, and a big showing by everyone.

- Post-match:
They've got an opportunity to really prove themselves.

- Dream vs. Breeze:
I like this contrast with the previous match. The best wrestling cards tend to have a variety of experiences.

Solid enough story so far.

I like how these two work together.

This is heating up well enough.

There's a lot of back and forth here.

Good drama.

Good work to continue Dream's rise.

- Post-match:
That was pretty good.

- Priest video:
I guess it would be weird if he was in the crowd, since he's been signed for a while. We'll see how this works out for him.

- Shayna vs. Io:
God Baszler is so evil. I love it.

I like this contrast.

Shayna is beyond ready for Raw or Smackdown Live.

I like this story.

Well there's your outside involvement spot.

They're pretty evenly matched! I like it.

Really good stuff. I don't see how anyone's going to beat Shayna. I actually kind of want to see her face Asuka since Asuka was also dominant in NXT.

- Post-match:
Wow, Io. That's not very sportswomanlike. Shayna won clean!

I expect we're in for a no DQ match in Toronto, which could be INCREDIBLE.

- Takeover announcement:
Interesting move to counter All Out.

- Gargano vs. Cole:
These two are very high level workers.

Good energy at the start.

This is already pretty awesome.

Looks like Gargano's leg is going to be targeted here.

Cole's definitely going after the leg.

Smooth work. They play off each other well.

Hahaha I liked the double superkick spot.

Both men look like top names here.

I mean this work is insanely fluid.

They're giving this one quite a bit!

HAHAHAA Cole using the GargaNo Escape.

I love finisher stealing in the right story.

Uh oh. Now a chair's involved. 

Haha Johnny screwed himself there. Cheaters never prosper!

This is really, really good.

Really, really good stuff. Amazing job from both men.

- Post-match:
Poor Johnny! I'm curious what's next for him after this feud wraps up.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment