Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Match made for WrestleMania, Sin Cara and Jersey Shore-TNA updates, more Jericho, Questions on Laycool, Daffney, children used in angles, and Michael Cole, Interviews with Lawler and Kelly Kelly, and Austin to be on Raw

Triple H vs. The Undertaker is now officially set for WrestleMania. No surprise there. This doesn't mean that they won't add any kind of stipulation to the bout, however.

Jim Ross reports that Sin Cara (it's going to take me a while to get used to that name) will be introduced to the WWE audience through several weeks of TV promotion. This is the best way to introduce someone I always think. It certainly paid off pretty well for Alberto Del Rio, though I'll admit that his went on a little longer than I would have liked.

Another day; another interview promoting Undisputed. Here's Jericho's latest.

There's also a brief blurb with Jersey Shore's Angelina on TMZ.com, where she talks about her preparations and nerves for her wrestling debut. It's definitely umm... interesting how she got ready for it.

Next up, Saturday's questions to PWInsider.com and some other news of interest.

Yes, I see a Laycool split up soon, unless something comes up that they think will be a better direction for them. I can't be the only one who thinks they're natural opponents for Amazing Kong. Speaking of her, I haven't read anything about their plans for her, and she's not in FCW at present.

Someone else is curious as to where Daffney is. Neither they nor I have any clue as to why she hasn't been used in TNA lately. She clearly has plenty of fan support. Maybe TNA really does hate making money? Ok, that's mean... but I do want to see some more tiny top hats on Impact.

I actually don't have a problem with Jarrett and Angle's kids being used in a storyline as long as the parents are ok with it. And obviously they're not going to have them taking bumps or anything (at least I hope not). Then again, I don't have kids so I can't comment from that perspective. But from a storyline standpoint I don't have a problem with it as long as it's nothing that will traumatize them or whatever.

I don't have anything to add to the question on Finlay, so I'll move on to the IWC's least favorite commentator. I don't see Michael Cole being replaced any time soon (if they didn't like him, he wouldn't be on Raw AND Smackdown), and I think he'll keep his current gimmick at least until Lawler (presumably) takes him out at Wrestlemania. If it bothers someone, they can always turn on closed captioning (?) or mute it if they still want to watch the show. I agree that it can be overbearing, but I don't think I'd completely turn off a show just because I didn't like the announcing.

Anyway, on to other news: Jerry Lawler has a neat little interview on his career here. Apparently he wrestled The Miz for "a belt" recently. Yeah, WWE's pretty adamant about them being called titles or championships. It's not like they fought for something to hold their pants up.

Another mind-numbing interview was conducted recently, this time with Kelly Kelly. The writer was unaware that the exhibitionist gimmick has been over for years now. And the name was spelled wrong in a picture. What happened to screening the interviewers? Also, Kelly Kelly was the name of a TV show in the late '90s, so that's probably where they got the name.

Stone Cold Steve Austin is listed for an appearance on WWE Raw March 7. It's in Dallas, so not too far out of his way.

That's all I found comment-worthy for Saturday's news. More will come tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment